Volva of Berk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:30 AM

> part 2 < of
~~~ SET THE CRIMSON SAILS ~~~
[ Amra and Belit continue the fight...]

...The big reptile-Demon had screamed and was now writhing and lashing about as if in confusion and pain. Following their emergency plan, Belit and her archers had poured jars of special Argossian oil over their own main deck. the demon had just jumped across onto that deck and was slipping in the oil when it suddenly convulsed into the madness and screaming.
Then, Belit shot another hopeful arrow and was delighted to now see it pierce the scaly side of the monster! having lost the main magic-conduit from its dead summoner, now the demon seemed to be losing its powers in this earthly-dimension?

Amra armed himself with a fallen sword, and then signalled to a relieved and smiling Belit. then he disappeared to search below deck while his archers were firing gleefully into the distressed but now quiet demon. but any shaman would have recognised that the demon was now concentrating its remaining power...

Amra had entered what would normally have been a big cabin of the captain. but this room had all windows boarded up. the only dim light came from a redly glowing brazier in the centre. his nose was struggling because it smelled like a busy charnel house in here.
then in horror he saw 13 naked bodies of teenage girls and boys laid on the bloodstained floor. all their hearts had been cut out and burned in the sacred brazier as part of the unholy demon-summoning ritual!

His wide blue eyes were drawn to a nearby very beautiful girl who wore only a shiny necklace made from pearls and rubies. as he kneels to examine the jewelry his big arm brushes across a nipple...the corpse is still warm.
Suddenly she sits up with a rigid jolt!
Amra smoothly leapt back in surprise like a leopard startled from its slumber.
then he sensed something behind grabbing at his leg and swiftly swung his sword to behead a feral young girl before she could bite him! But no blood fountained from her gaping neck and her headless body continued to try to claw at him!

His natural revulsion was screaming at him inside his shaking, sweating head as all the other naked weird-walking-dead were lurching at him with teeth bared and staring dead eyes.
A wild-eyed Amra hacks 2 more undead out of his way and then kicks the brazier over. fire quickly burns as he scampers fast up the ladder like a scalded Kush ape.
While he frantically closes the deck-hatch and jams it shut with a boat-hook, he shouts across to Belit,
"BURN IT. Burn it NOW ! By Loki, burn 'em all!"

Raven haired Belit lights her fire-arrow from the flame inside a lantern. then she sneers with a wicked grin and shouts,
"Now YOU die vile spawn of festering Set-filth!"
as her flaming arrow hits the oil-pool it all ignites with a loud whoosh and a bright yellow flash. the demon is engulfed and vanishes behind a hot wall of fire and smoke!

Now the remaining crew relaxed and turned to the task of quickly abandoning ship. But suddenly 3 big long crimson Tentacles snaked swiftly out of the fire and wrapped expertly around their prey! 2 tough black pirates were pulled struggling back into the searing fire and screamed like little boys as they burned and melted.
the third tentacle had to travel further to reach Belit. She writhed and shouted and tried to reach her dagger as she was pulled nearer to the flaming new domain of the cunning ancient Demon.

Then a big Stygian sword-blade swished close past her terror stricken face and hacked into the strange tentacle! when it did not sever through a familiar loud cursing voice was heard,
"By Crom! This thing is tougher than living in Cimmeria!"

So Amra quickly hacked it again and again in a mighty blurred frenzy of barbaric desperation. finally the sword cut through the weird crimson tentacle-limb and Amra pulled his shaking lover from the edge of the boiling fire.
Then he had to dive across the deck with her to narrowly avoid another lunging tentacle! Now resigned to the deadly supernatural resilience of the demon-thing, Amra shouted to his crew, and then ran and jumped overboard with Belit in his big arms.
2 more chanting brave ebon pirates had distracted the tentacles with noise and spears so that their beautiful leader could be carried by Amra to escape. but the 2 trembling warriors were soon grabbed and sacrificed in agony on the demonic-altar of fire...

~~~
As the doomed tied ships became a huge flaming twisted sinking pyre
the swimmers heard unholy screams from the writhing dark thing in the fire.
the few survivors of Belit's crew swam together and gave a great cheer
when their Tigress war galley came from the horizon, and was soon drawing near.

Amra had to kill a hungry shark before they were safely all aboard,
when Belit emerged naked from the sea, her crew with mirth all roared.
"Where are your breast-plates?" Amra said and winked red-faced.
"You cut them off me underwater when we lustilly embraced."

From his pants he pulled the Necklace of ruby and pearl
and tied it round the neck of his favourite pirate girl.
while waiting for his kiss her ripe red lips were pursed,
Amra said with a wink, "I hope that it's not cursed."

Belit said, "Well, who wants to live forever?"
Amra thought about parting with her...never...
~~~~~
[ all story and poem parts by Buxom Sorceress c.2007.

fully inspired by the wonderful REHoward and his superb 'Queen of the Black coast' Conan tale.
in my 'version' of the legend: Amra and Belit had already plundered and sunk several big Stygian ships, taking some very valuable cargoes and treasures. so the rich owners 'the Stygian Princes' had got together and hired a very powerful, mysterious and feared Sorcerer-Priest to rid them of these deadly pirates.
so the secret lure and 'trap' was carefully set. but even the reduced [and expendable] Stygian crew had no idea what the dark Priest was going to do...]
--
i put a lot of effort and loving care into this new rhyme-tale.
please let me know if you enjoyed it?
best wishes to all Conan fans. :)
-----

..Empowered by the jewelled Heart,
Old Yara worked his magic art,
On prince and king and lowly beast,
The offal for his devil's feast..

Cautious, with a sense of dread,
And moving with a panther's tread,
He peered within a room of jade,
And saw a thing no man had made.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for your epic + inspiring poem version of 'tower of the elephant' part 1.
i completely agree with IRONHAND when he says 'Kail, your poetry is masterful'. B)
~~~
'The tortured jumbo in the tower
feared the master of the lotus flower.
when rescued by the rhymes of Kail
beneath his trunk he cracked a smile. :D
but the final part of this woe-filled tale
may break your heart and make you wail?'
~~~

Edited by Buxom Sorceress, 26 April 2008 - 01:07 AM.

#42 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,795 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

Kail, of you want still more inspiration, I will recommend a poem called "Lepanto" by, I believe, GK Chesterton. The historical events of the Battle of Lepanto, which inspired this poem, are also said to have inspired Cervantes' Don Quixote.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#43 PainBrush

PainBrush

In Memoriam: 2005-2009. Bastard son of a thousand nations!

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

Poe (of course), Byron (Darkness), Kipling - all great, too. And I've been looking at Tennyson's Idylls of the King. If you can think of any others in a similar vein, please let me know. When you see what some of the Romantic poets came up with about our own world, imagine what they might have done with Conan and The Hyborian Age.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with the above opinions , you are really good at wordsmithing Kail . I absolutely hated poetry as a sour-faced piss& vinegar filled kid until I started to read Poe & shortly after Howard . The darkness in some of their words struck a chord & made me read . I have got a bit more appreciation of poetry since . One I would recommend if you haven't already read it , though not really anything 'heroic'' is The Rubaiyat by Omar Khayyam or (Khayyim?) I bought an expensive yet beautiful copy about twenty years ago simply for the illustrations by Edmund Dulac (I'm a big Dulac & Art Rackham fan) - the poetry was a bit lofty &over my head at the time but has grown on me over the years even though it was written like a thousand years ago (literally) & in a foreign culture .

"' And David's lips are lockt; but in divine High - piping Pehlevi, with "Wine! Wine! Wine! Red Wine!" - the Nightingale cries to the Rose That sallow cheek of hers to incarnadine.

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring Your Winter - garment of Repentance fling: The Bird of Time has but a little way To flutter - and the Bird is on the Wing.

Whether at Naishapur or Babylon, Whether the Cup with sweet or bitter run, The Wine of Life keeps oozing drop by drop, The Leaves of Life keep falling one by one.

Morning a thousand Roses brings, you say; Yes, but where leaves the Rose of Yesterday? And this first Summer month that brings the Rose Shall take Jamshyd and Kaikobad away.

Well, let it take them! What have we to do With Kaikobad the Great, or Kaikhosru? Let Rustum cry "To Battle!" as he likes, Or Hatim Tai "To supper!" - heed not you."

" You have a good point there,...put your helmet on & no-one will notice it ."
" Look for a long time at what pleases you... and longer still at what pains you "
So THIS is civilization ??!??!......

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
~ FUTUE EOS SI NON CONCIPERE IOCULARUM ~

#44 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

Something just struck me & made me come back to this topic . I've arranged to spend a nice little "Painbrush style Thanksgiving " day today . Alone . Had a nice dinner of red-hot beef-jerky & beers , much of both , breakfast of champions ! Breakfast of INDIANS . - Okay , don't say "''poor bastard" yet , my old lady'll bring me all the Turkey & stuff later , haha . & my family always does the dinner thing too , just I'm sometimes at war with myself to have a 'traditional' thanksgiving because of the idea of my red ancestors sitting down with my white ancestors who would eventually poison , fill with disease , slaughter & drive them from home to the perpetual misery of poverty & all the rest we know . Sorry , felt maybe I should figure out why I've been online for hours instead of with others .

I said a little sincere prayer of thanks to my maker & set forth to fill my noggin with the mundane nonsense of mankind & this world & so found myself reading first some of the Nibelung . But I had no head for so many words & concepts & read some Conan instead which speaks directly to my savage soul & says the simple things in life that are good & the difference between wolves & men . Which later brought me online & on this my favorite site to waste universes of time reading & typing to like-minded Barbarians . -Or at least Barbarians who don't chase me away with torches & field-tools haha .

I came back to this topic because part of all my cheerful holiday celebration included blasting at ear-splitting decibal levels the soundtrack to Hyboria & all that Conan does in many adventures , "BadMotorFinger" . Some savage poetry for sure . I swear to you , and on my honor , I 'never' use the term "'I swear"- but when I hear the first few seconds of Rusty Cage , Searching With my Good Eye Closed" , or "Room a thousand years wide" I get some really strange adrenalin rush up my spine & instant visions of the things I've read & places I've been in Hyboria .

You wired me awake and hit me with a fist of broken nails.
You tied my lead and pulled my chain ,to watch my blood begin to boil
But I'm gonna BREAK .
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run.
Too cold to start a fire, I'm burning diesel ,burning dinosaur bones.
I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.
I'm Gonna BREAK.
Break my rusty cage & run.
Hits like a phillips head into my brain.
It's gonna be too dark to sleep again.
Cutting my teeth on bars and rusty chains.
When the forest burns along the road like Gods eyes in my headlights.
When the dogs are looking for their bones
and it's raining icepicks on your steel shore,
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run .

RRAAAAHHHHH !!!!!! That's something Howard might have written !! Every single song on that album is like some scripture of long-lost Cimmerian monks & whatever bleak prayers shouted at the top of their lungs on the mountain-peaks in the futile realisation that Crom won't hear them , but they have to scream them nonetheless .
If Cornell isn't the entire rage of mankind condensed into a bloodcurdling eye-opening throat-tearing scream I don't know what else could be . Am I the only one ?
I've been blasting Soundgarden for hours & it helps me see those red ancestors of mine . I needed that today .

" Look for a long time at what pleases you... and longer still at what pains you "

#45 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:42 AM

Inspirational, in a wierd way.............

I was slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel.
I was tightrope walking with two-ton shoes
I was crying from my eye-teeth
and bleeding from my soul.
And I sharpened my wits on a dead mans skull.
I built an elevator from his bones.
Had to climb to the top floor just to stamp out the coals.
And the candle was burning yesterday
like somebodies best friend had died.

Cheerful guy !!

I looked for a couple hours & saw no other posts to say it , so here's as good a place as any , I don't celebrate x-mas so this is it for me !! sincerely , happy thanksgiving .

Edited by PAINBRUSH, 25 November 2005 - 05:53 AM.

#46 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:13 AM

Bux, The tortured jumbo in the tower is priceless.  :lol: 
It's given me a weird image in my head of Yag-Kosha being put on the rack in the tower by a depraved, doped-up Doris Day, and now I can't get rid of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks. glad i could tickle your funny-bone. ;)

why Doris Day? so will she appear in part 2? at least day is easy to rhyme with? [ i luv her in calamity jane film] in her prime she would look great in a black leather basque, stockings + suspenders with a whip + a sword? [oops, i must stop revealing my fantasy dreams..] :D

i enjoyed your big pudding + cream. now i crave part 2..
..rock on maestro.. :)

#47 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:13 AM

..until I started to read Poe & shortly after Howard. The darkness in some of their words struck a chord & made me read. I have got a bit more appreciation of poetry since..
[and more..]
..I've been blasting Soundgarden for hours & it helps me see those red ancestors of mine . I needed that today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey thanks for sharing more of your honest + unique passion with us in your celebrations.
+ while the other poem samples are interesting, i want to read something poetic now from YOUR lively mind + soul?
please write a short new poem for me + your other fans on this forum?

perhaps a poem about your great proud native ancestors long before the coming of 'the white plague'?

cheers! i drink a toast to you *** :)
[Soundgarden are heavily cool. i luv the 'superunknown'! ] B)

#48 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

why Doris Day?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about dressed as a clown? Jumbo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh thanks. cool Doris fan site with good photos.
i've seen a lot of her films, but i have never seen that jumbo film. :blink:

about half-way down that long page, in that pic of the 4 clowns..the 1 with black hair could be me? except i am much taller than her.
but now u have messed with my head!? every time i read TOTElephant now i will see a busty clown swinging on Yags big trunk?! ..aaarrgh!? :lol:

*A buxom clown with a false flower
met Yag in his jumbo-sized tower.
in a bowl he did dunk
his enormous green trunk
then sprayed her with a soaking wet shower!* :D .[from 'Yag - the musical' by buxom Clown-ess? ]

#49 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

hey thanks for sharing more of your honest + unique passion with us in your celebrations.
+ while the other poem samples are interesting, i want to read something poetic now from YOUR lively mind + soul?
please write a short new poem for me + your other fans on this forum?

perhaps a poem about your great proud native ancestors long before the coming of 'the white plague'?

cheers! i drink a toast to you ***  :)
[Soundgarden are heavily cool. i luv the 'superunknown'! ] B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, you really made my day Buxom ! I'm not only flattered , I'm floored . Not even
my significant other (or any of the other significant others in years past haha) has asked me to write something , except maybe apologies L.oL. & I've honestly been getting an urge lately to try to write something , not necessarily poetry , but I have this complete Illustrated (in my minds eye ) & complicated story I've been working at for years at a snails pace . So I need to practice & 'refine' my communication skills I guess .I see the pictures , but the words fall short , the drawing is the easy part but 'words' - that I really have to work at . I am honestly envious of folks like you & Kail who can not only paint with words , but do it so that you rhyme also , or have a rythm or pacing to the phrasing , to me that's amazing . -Okay that might be the best poem I can do, haha . What could be more challenging to hone writing skills than poetry ?! I will humbly try to write some verse , dedicated to you . It might not be 'technically' correct , it probably won't be too fast ,& it 'definitely' won't be good but I'll try .

#50 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:13 AM

..please write a short new poem for me + your other fans on this forum?
..cheers! i drink a toast to you ***? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, you really made my day Buxom ! I'm not only flattered , I'm floored..
..I will humbly try to write some verse , dedicated to you . It might not be 'technically' correct , it probably won't be too fast ,& it 'definitely' won't be good but I'll try .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are deserving of my praise. glad u will give it a try. :)
i asked u cos u can already 'paint' sweeping ideas, emotions, passions + humour with your words. most of your posts are lively, emotive, thoughtful, + seem to come from your heart as much as your head..
..so u may find that writing some poetry satisfies something deep within u? i do. i find it very therapeutic + satisfying.

here are some TIPS for beginners..
at 1st, keep it simple. make a little list of pairs of simple words that rhyme well together.
keep a notepad with u + jot down any ideas s.a.p. or u will forget em 5 minutes later.
don't worry about 'rythmn' at all in your 1st few poems! just tell your little tale in as many [or few] words as u need to use.
[ i still find rythmn the most difficult aspect of poems. but i have become much better at it with practice + learning from other poets]

read + learn from a variety of other poetry [ + clever song lyrics were always a big inspiration to me]
i recommend the fun poetry of PAM AYRES - she is very clever + entertaining.

once u have rhymed 4 lines u will feel good. [my 1st poems were just 8 lines long - of 4 rhyming pairs of lines]
get feedback from your family + friends. + a special little poem for your mum, granny, or your lover will be much appreciated. [poetry can reap invaluable social rewards?]
----
'I push out my chest like the birds.
i await the caress of your words?'

encouraging kisses from me *** ;)

#51 matsellah

matsellah

Viceroy of Kambuja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:26 AM

What happens when you slip a Mandrake root into Dr. Seuss's milk?

In reeking caverns lived the devil's own
From spoiled seed had he been sown
A trick, a trance, a ghoulish romance
Just housing for this fetid scion

Alone he played out the days
Forsaken in this dank, dark maze
Grubs and beetles were his only meals
Rainwater with a stagnant taste

As the years raced on by
He grew, yearned and cried
Pubescent, tumescent, now all present
He had but one desire in mind

Images clouded his horrid brain
The need feeding, fermenting the pain
A nubile young maiden or old hag, he cared not
The hope for hot flesh was in vain

Calling out in a rare tongue, he feared
Might loose a most foul night weird
But he needed to know, apprehension on hold
He reached for his dark father's beard

"You have cast me here without remorse.
Penance for your dalliance so course.
Would you deny me, or will you provide me,
That thing I so desire the most."

The silence of the caves answered him
No sound could be heard from within
But then a snap and a giggle, a plump little wiggle
A figure of beauty in cast light so dim

Proud breast glistened beneath the dripping roof
Round rump turned with conceited aloof
Beauty divine, more than mere swine
Upright on two legs, but with four cloven hooves

?Oh demon tempted, you no longer rest
Your eyes, they doth burn me with your lust
How your loins reach for me, they seek the scent of me
Your passion will not be easily spent?

There, in the caverns of doom
Nightmarish consummation ensued
Propelled by rutting, signaled by grunting
The Devil will be a grand father soon
"Their present king is the most renowned warrior among the western nations. He is an outlander, an adventurer who seized the crown by force during a time of civil strife, strangling King Namedides with his own hands, upon the very throne. His name is Conan, and no man can stand before him in battle." ~ Orastes, 'The Hour Of The Dragon'

"Damned degenerates!" ~ Conan 'Xuthal Of The Dusk'

#52 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:02 PM

What happens when you slip a Mandrake root into Dr. Seuss's milk?
..Proud breast glistened beneath the dripping roof
Round rump turned with conceited aloof
Beauty divine, more than mere swine
Upright on two legs, but with four cloven hooves..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

another fine talent joins our band of fantasy muses!

very impressive, + deliciously macabre horror. B)
more please?

thanks Matsellah. your words thrill my dark side *** :)

#53 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

Matsellah that is damn well amazing !! I'm in the hall of heroes & hesitant to open my mouth . Like a lot of my paintings , this isn't quite finished to me . Don't know how to end it , or if I should . Sounds like a rock song rather than poetry but if I don't post what I have now I'll be too self-conscious so , FEET-FIRST !!

Been brushing my teeth with Holy Water .
I've learned to stand when I beg .
Chasing the frost-giants daughter
I've broken my good leg.

My neck no longer bends
how long till it breaks?
The tortured muscle wont mend
not until long after it aches.

I can still read my runes
though my minds-eye is closed .
I can still hear the tune
though the minstrels been deposed.

How much is unsaid
and how much always will ?
Shouting under water
whispering on the hill.

Running down my visions
which always miss my grasp.
Running short on provisions
bar the door, bolt the hasp.

Slide your feet over the snow
so you don't just stomp through .
Can't be King o the Mountain
if sinking is all you do.

~ I used to outrun my dog ~

I guess that bleakness from reading Howard & Poe's poetry comes thru , though not the rhyme or quality . That's too dark to dedicate to somebody , so I'm still working on some 'other' words haha.

Edited by PAINBRUSH, 29 November 2005 - 10:29 AM.

#54 grim cimmerian

grim cimmerian

Saturnine Slayer, Crag Climber, Marauder of the Mountains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:41 AM

Part 3
He gawked at the scene in the murky red light,
The naked chained maidens and their awful plight.
They were chained and manacled to pillars far down below
Being whipped by still other nude wenches until bright blood did flow.

Cowled dark figures skulked about mysteriously in robes
Jabbing at soft captive flesh with red hot metal probes.
The tortured gave off the wails of the damned,
The youth in exasperation his fist clenched and slammed.

Fogotten were the gems that had brought him hither,
His visage darkened and he gave glares that would wither.
Through teeth tightly clenched "I will stop this!" he scowled,
He would free the maidens and slay the torturers both naked and cowled.

From his precarious perch on the ledge he could see no easy means of descent,
nor the slightest suggestion of where the slithering swarm of snakes went.
The heat was intense in the scarlet hued hall.
without hesitation he swung aroung to begin downscaling the wall.

With no rope If he lost his grip it was a deadly far fall.
He clung tenaciously to the various pits and depressions on the rough wall.
The cavern seemed natural as the wall was of volcanic rock,
No chiselled marbles or granites or mortared stone blocks.

The overwhelming heat seemed to come from the very earth down below.
He scaled like a swift spider although to him it seemed maddenly slow.
He suddenly heard shouting above the bloodcurling screams.
"I must have been spotted by those Crom cursed devils it seems."

With a glance he gauged the distance below,
and noted the arrival of several serpent guards with spears prepared for throw.
Not wishing to be skewered he leaped from wall.
landing on the serpent men to soften the fall.

As he crashed down among them with their upturned spears
he sought for a gap betwixt like the horns of his native wild steers.
The shaft from one snapped and the point of another drew blood.
But the cut on his ribs was shallow and he landed with a thunderous thud.

The hapless reptilian guards sprawled senseless beneath the impact,
giving the dazed youth but a moment to act.

He rolled to his feet and unsheathed his sword,
he gazed at the spears that by he had nearly been gored.
Instantly he was a blur of razor sharp steel,
Now it was his turn for black death to deal.

The stunned snake men fell beneath the fury of his blows,
and at the leader bearing a cruel curved blade he closed.
The last of the guards fell gruesomely to his blade,
Only the snakemen leader, the robed figures, and the naked sadists remained.

The guards leader hissed as he was incapable of speech with his forked tongue
and drew the wicked curved sword that at his belt was slung.
"kill the desecrating intruder!" a robed priest did vehemently yell,
The youth cursed in acerbic tone, "I am the one who is going to send YOU back to hell!".............

Edited by grim cimmerian, 01 December 2005 - 01:11 AM.

"WOE UNTO MY FOEMEN, PITY THEIR WIDOWS AND KIN."
All flatlanders are soft and frail, I enjoy those qualities in their women.
"By CROM if you so much as touch your hilt I'll split you from crown to crotch and see if your guts are as yellow as I think they are!"

#55 grim cimmerian

grim cimmerian

Saturnine Slayer, Crag Climber, Marauder of the Mountains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:05 AM

You really know how to choose words, you rhyme them quite well.
I really love your bardic renditions of Howard's great stories you tell.
The frost giants daughter and the bizarre alien pachyderm's sad tale.
Hurrah I say for the great poet The Beekan otherwise known as kail!

btw-what is a beekan? alternate spelling of beacon perhaps?
"WOE UNTO MY FOEMEN, PITY THEIR WIDOWS AND KIN."
All flatlanders are soft and frail, I enjoy those qualities in their women.
"By CROM if you so much as touch your hilt I'll split you from crown to crotch and see if your guts are as yellow as I think they are!"

#56 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:05 AM

Have you found Lepanto yet?  I think that style would lend itself to Black Colossus or HotD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you're right - he does have a certain style....

~ Dim drums throbbing, in the hills half heard,
Where only on a nameless throne a crownless prince has stirred,
Where, risen from a doubtful seat and half attainted stall,
The last knight of Europe takes weapons from the wall.... ~ (Lepanto)

....although trying to put Dragon into verse might just be toooo ambitious.
Black Colossus, perhaps....

In Kuthchemes did Thugra Khotan,
An ivory safety-dome decree,
To save his bones from Hyborian man,
When their wild spirit ran free,
On their way to the Vilayet Sea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well u dont have to try to put most of HOTDragon into a huge poem [or any of REHs other tales]. u could just do the essence /outline of the main plot or just some of your fave scenes?
dont torture yourself with huge projects?
[ my fave scene in HOTD is 'Conan disguised as the big executioner + his surprise rescue of the lady victim'. i think that symbolises the 'essence of Conan' for me. brilliant! ] B)

i luv your 2 parts of TOTElephant + the 'speech of Yag' is outstanding! [ but perhaps some spaces between verses of the long speech would make it easier to read?]
i cannot thank u enough for your great poem versions of classic REH tales.
----
TO ALL..my thanks for all the recent poems + epic parts. rock on 'O grim muses of hyboria + beyond'! :)

#57 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

..I can still read my runes
though my minds-eye is closed .
I can still hear the tune
though the minstrels been deposed..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my sincere thanks for breaking your 'poetic virginity' in my.. er.. vibrant thread for new fantasy poetry!

thats a fine start for your 1st poem. well done! :)
+ u did very well with the rhyming on alternate lines. [that is much more difficult + i usually shy away from it to makes things easier for myself]

+ deepness, bleakness + darkness is fine by me, + is very appropriate for REH inspired hyborian poetry.
now how about a little fun limmerick to lighten your mood eh?

'The 'pained' warrior who calls himself 'Brush'
was bent over so i gave him a push.
he dived in head first
to bless us with verse.
then gave me a warm glowing rush.' ;) .. :D

#58 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:40 AM

....perhaps some spaces between verses of the long speech would make it easier to read?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From your lips to Crom's ear - although normally he wouldn't listen to the entreaties of us puny mortals, would he? (No matter how luscious the lips are.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooh, i feel all 'spaced out' now maaan.. said the jumbo lotus sniffer.. :D
cool !
--
thanks. all my luscious lips are yours to enjoy. *** :)
[ Crom would not let me sit on his knee. he said i might cause him to break his famous grim expression + crack a smile? + that would not be acceptable would it.. he said with a wink..] ;)

#59 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:10 PM

IO GOLUMPKE !!!! (like little polish cabbage-patch haggis-critters) ppfffllllllppppttthhhhh ...haha
Posted Image

#60 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Volva of Berk

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:08 AM

hey guys, has anyone read any recent posts by RAVEN in any forum?

i've just realised that his great poem gothic + some limmerick posts which were in page 1 of this thread have ALL BEEN DELETED! :(
probably by himself? [cant see why any mods would do it?]

anyway, i miss the mysterious black bird. ..sob...
HEY, IF U ARE LURKING RAVEN? please fly back soon for a 'buxom hug'? :)
--
**CRAZY-BIRD NEWS UPDATE**
in his fun 'Fractured Titles (non Reh)' topic he has deleted every post by him!
+ he is now unregistered.
i guess ya just cant help some 'troubled' folks? ..sigh.. :(
best wishes u 'silly bird'...

[..now i need a hug... ]

Edited by Buxom Sorceress, 02 December 2005 - 09:30 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poems, rhymes, fantasy, hyboria, limericks, fun, humour, fan poetry