35 replies to this topic

#21 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

Gods of Opar: Tales of Lost Khokarsa--an omnibus that will include Hadon of Ancient Opar, Flight to Opar, and The Song of Kwasin--is now available for preorder from Subterranean Press and Amazon. The book is scheduled for an April 2012 release.

I pre-ordered this as soon as I saw this post. AND I did it via Subterranean instead of Amazon (so they get a bit more $$ to encourage them to do more books as AWESOME as this.

THANKS for the heads-up, Mr.C!

Tex
(counting the days until he can throw his secondhand paperbacks back into the "book pool" for someone else to "catch")

#22 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

I must have this! Thank you so much! B)

You're very welcome!
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#23 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

Gods of Opar: Tales of Lost Khokarsa--an omnibus that will include Hadon of Ancient Opar, Flight to Opar, and The Song of Kwasin--is now available for preorder from Subterranean Press and Amazon. The book is scheduled for an April 2012 release.

I pre-ordered this as soon as I saw this post. AND I did it via Subterranean instead of Amazon (so they get a bit more $$ to encourage them to do more books as AWESOME as this.

THANKS for the heads-up, Mr.C!

Tex
(counting the days until he can throw his secondhand paperbacks back into the "book pool" for someone else to "catch")

Thank you, that's much appreciated, Tex, and I hope you enjoy the book!
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#24 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Titan Books is also coming out with a new edition of Time's Last Gift in June 2012, so it looks like all of the books will be back in print shortly.

GREAT news, Christopher. B) Really diggin' the title for the omnibus. Well-nigh perfect, IMO. A pity that Roy Krenkel isn't around to illustrate it all.

Cool news regarding TLG as well. For those who don;t know, it's sort of a prequel to the Opar series. I won't say more out of courtesy for the spoilerphobic.

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#25 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Thanks, Deuce! I'm a huge fan of Krenkel and I'd have loved to see what he could have done with The Song of Kwasin too. If you ever run across it, ERBANIA #35 (June 1974) includes some wonderful unused drawings by Krenkel for Hadon of Ancient Opar, including one of Paga giving his ax to Kwasin.

I do think Bob Eggleton, who's illustrating the dust jacket, really seems to grok the source material and will do the book proud. I feel very fortunate to have him aboard.
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#26 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Subterranean Press has posted the epic cover art by Bob Eggleton for Gods of Opar: Tales of Lost Khokarsa. Behold Khowot (the volcano) and the Great Tower of Kho and Resu! Wait till you see the full wraparound dust jacket art--it's truly a work of wonder (you can see it now if you're friended with Bob on Facebook as he's posted it there).

Best,
Chris

Posted Image
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#27 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

That looks SA-WEET!

We still on track for this to drop in April?

Tex
(still counting the days)

#28 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

That looks SA-WEET!

We still on track for this to drop in April?

Tex
(still counting the days)

Thanks, Tex, agreed about the art!

Yes, as far as I am aware, it's still coming out in April (April 30 is technically the release date, but the actual release date always seems to vary a bit with Subterranean). Now that the cover art is here and I've turned in my final corrections, they should be sending it off to the printer any day now.
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#29 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Can't wait either. B)
"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

Turlogh shook his head. "Not so long as the race lasts."

--- The Dark Man, by Robert E. Howard

#30 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

This is excellent news!
I was at the PulpFest when this was annouanced and I've been waiting to read these every since.
Now I just need to get it.
"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"

#31 deuce

deuce

• Moderators
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Cool FB update from Christopher Paul Carey:

In association with the Philip J. Farmer Trust, Michael Croteau and I have been working on a website that will offer a lot of world-building material and web extras related to the upcoming omnibus GODS OF OPAR: TALES OF LOST KHOKARSA. This will include some goodies that weren't able to fit into the Bonus Chapbook due to space considerations. We're envisioning it as the go-to resource for Farmer's Khokarsa series and I think fans of the series should really enjoy it. Coming soon--stay tuned!

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#32 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

In association with the Philip J. Farmer Trust, Michael Croteau and I have been working on a website that will offer a lot of world-building material and web extras related to the upcoming omnibus GODS OF OPAR: TALES OF LOST KHOKARSA. This will include some goodies that weren't able to fit into the Bonus Chapbook due to space considerations. We're envisioning it as the go-to resource for Farmer's Khokarsa series and I think fans of the series should really enjoy it. Coming soon--stay tuned!

Thanks, Deuce! And here is the new Khokarsa website.

I should also mention there's also one more Khokarsa story in the works, Exiles of Kho, a standalone signed limited-edition novella coming later this year from Meteor House (check out the phenomenally evocative Mike Hoffman cover art!). This will tell the story of the heroine-priestess Lupoeth (who is referred to in passing several times in the novels; remember the statue with the spear that Hadon uses at the end of Flight to Opar? That's Lupoeth) and is set a few hundred years before the main series. Meteor House is only printing a small number of copies above the preorders, so grab this one while you can if you're interested.

Posted Image

Best,

Chris
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#33 cpcarey

cpcarey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thanks, Deuce! And here is the new Khokarsa website.<p> %
Christopher Paul Carey
cpcarey.com

#34 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Ordered!

Tex
(looking forward to the lagniappe as well as the book)

#35 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Damn, that Exiles of Kho cover looks just like a 1970s DAW paperback. B)
"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

Turlogh shook his head. "Not so long as the race lasts."

--- The Dark Man, by Robert E. Howard

#36 deuce

deuce

• Moderators
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Damn, that Exiles of Kho cover looks just like a 1970s DAW paperback. B)

Right on. B) It's a great time to be a Opar/Khokarsa fan!