#2142 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

we awdeenz peeple r dum!!! lol
"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

Turlogh shook his head. "Not so long as the race lasts."

--- The Dark Man, by Robert E. Howard

#2143 Doug

Doug

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

After what has happened to John Carter I'll never ever ever look forwards to a movie ever again! So there! :(

A BUCKEYE ABROAD

I'm a little wounded, but I am not slain; I will lay me down for to bleed a while, Then I'll rise and fight with you again

http://uncledougsbunkerofhorror.blogspot.de/

http://weirdtalesmagazine.com/about/

#2144 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

Those Disney execs who hung John Carter out to dry aren't worried. After all, they're banking on the pre-ordained mega-success of their new Lone Ranger movie:

Posted Image

Good luck with that. :mellow:
"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

#2145 johnnypt

johnnypt

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Those Disney execs who hung John Carter out to dry aren't worried. After all, they're banking on the pre-ordained mega-success of their new Lone Ranger movie:

Posted Image

Good luck with that. :mellow:

Well at least they're tightening up the budget reins, only spending $200 million on this one... :wacko:

#2146 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

"Who was that masked man?"

"I dunno, but I don't think he's the Lone Ranger."

#2147 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

As long as John Carter of Mars is in theaters, that is the only movie I will see in theaters. Only after it is gone will I watch other movies.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#2148 Dark Mark

Dark Mark

Scourge Of The Antipodes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Prometheus Just looks like another Alien re-hash. Same old, same old.

Kind of blah. Might catch it on dvd.

Dark Shadows might be interesting. I never saw the tv show it was based on (hey, I'm not that old.)
Hope it offers up something a bit more of interest than these Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Twilight crud they keep churning out for the same market.

I think its supposed to be a prequel to alien though not just a rehash.

There is considerably more to this movie than it just being a rehash/prequel to Alien. I have high hopes for it.
Dark Shadows looks like an awful lame comedy to me...enough with the comedy, romantic, defanged undead already.

Edited by Dark Mark, 22 March 2012 - 06:00 AM.

Join me in The Mortuary or at Dreadful Tales where I review horror literature.

#2149 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

heh though I did like dark shadows show ( they reran the whole series on scifi channel about 10 years ago, I was on steady nights so I caught them in the morning it originally aired in the late 60's /early 70's,a few years before i was born) I never could take it too seriously to begin with, so I know I'm in the minority when I say it looked funny to me. It has the a bit of the B flick cheesiness i liked about Burtons Ed Wood.I think I can count on one hand the tim burton movies i liked though.
There are so many movies coming out this year,Its hard to decide which to spend the money on. For myself if i only see on the road ( whenever the release date is stateside) I'll be happy.

Edited by mario, 22 March 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#2150 Libaax

Libaax

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

After what has happened to John Carter I'll never ever ever look forwards to a movie ever again! So there! :(

I dont understand this attitude at all. Every person i know online and offline have enjoyed the film. I havent heard of so loved Science fantasy blockbuster for long time. The critics are half and half, many of them hailing it as more complex blockbuster. That some american audicence didny see the film doesnt say everything.

BO numbers doesnt say anything about the film quality and shouldnt mean anything to the fans other than maybe there wont be a sequel.

Many classics today was BO flop, Bladerunner for example is much bigger than films that outclassed it in the BO in US in 1982.

Edited by Libaax, 22 March 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#2151 Brule80

Brule80

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Prometheus Just looks like another Alien re-hash. Same old, same old.

Kind of blah. Might catch it on dvd.

Dark Shadows might be interesting. I never saw the tv show it was based on (hey, I'm not that old.)
Hope it offers up something a bit more of interest than these Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Twilight crud they keep churning out for the same market.

I think its supposed to be a prequel to alien though not just a rehash.

There is considerably more to this movie than it just being a rehash/prequel to Alien. I have high hopes for it.
Dark Shadows looks like an awful lame comedy to me...enough with the comedy, romantic, defanged undead already.

Your opinion.

#2152 Brule80

Brule80

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

heh though I did like dark shadows show ( they reran the whole series on scifi channel about 10 years ago, I was on steady nights so I caught them in the morning it originally aired a few years before i was born) I never could take it too seriously to begin with, so I know I'm in the minority when I say it looked funny to me. It has the a bit of the B flick cheesiness i liked about Burtons Ed Wood.I think I can count on one hand the tim burton movies i liked though.
There are so many movies coming out this year,Its hard to decide which to spend the money on. For myself if i only see on the road ( whenever the release date is stateside) I'll be happy.

I think the only real route open to them on old tv show revivals is the parody, such as with such recent dreadful revivals as 'Starsky And Hutch' and '21 Jump Street.

In the case of Dark Shadows it may just work, although it may also fall flat on it's face. (or fangs.lol)

#2153 Libaax

Libaax

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone seen The Artist i was really looking forward to seeing it and it had premiere 9 march here. Here is my review incase anyone is interested in the film:

The Artist

I just saw this film which i thought was hyped because the nostalgic story,being a silent film but i forgot about that when the film started. The lead actor carried his role so well that i totally forget he was an actor playing George Valentin, its easy to get lost in the wonderful story, the music,the atmosphere and in the quality acting.

It was hard not smile through the whole film with Valentin and to feel sad in sadder parts of the story. The black and white visuals, camera work was stunning in away that only the best black and white films could be.

Im a believer now this film is special and not hyped because of a sappy silent actor story and the nostalgic feeling.

#2154 Hawkbrother

Hawkbrother

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I greatly enjoyed the book and hope the film will do it justice. Was very impressed with Seth Grahame-Smith's knowledge of the life of Lincoln and the Civil War. Certainly a unique take on the causes of the Civil War. Doubt though that those who lament the defeat of the Confederacy will care for it.
Found myself wishing Buffy and Angel were still running.Been very interesting if ol' Abe had turned up in Sunnydale!

#2155 Hawkbrother

Hawkbrother

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

"Who was that masked man?"

"I dunno, but I don't think he's the Lone Ranger."

Got that right! Certainly not how Clayton Moore would have appeared .
Happens I have been on bit of a Lone Ranger kick, watching some DVD collections from the show I hadn't seen in awhile. One is
"The Counterfeit Mask", about a Lone Ranger imposter. Applies quite well to that picture.

#2156 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Just making this post for anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area looking forward to the Avengers.
Rave Motion Pictures is running an "Avengers Assemble" marathon starting noon May 3rd. They will be showing Iron Man, The Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain Amercia. All leading to a midnight showing of Avengers
Tickets are $35.oo and there will be breaks between the films.

Edited by Kane, 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.

"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"

#2157 johnnypt

johnnypt

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Just making this post for anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area looking forward to the Avengers.
Rave Motion Pictures is running an "Avengers Assemble" marathon starting noon May 3rd. They will be showing Iron Man, The Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain Amercia. All leading to a midnight showing of Avengers
Tickets are $35.oo and there will be breaks between the films.

I'm in the middle of doing that on my own, cheaper and spread out a little more: watched Iron Man 1 & 2 last week, saw Incredible Hulk & Thor this week and will watch Captain America next week. Hoping to get a chance to see it opening weekend.

#2158 EM Erdelac

EM Erdelac

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Prometheus is my only must see so far. I'm kinda interested in Abe Lincoln and I'll likely see Avengers, though I don't have high hopes for it. Who the hell greenlit that 47 Ronin idea?

I'm a huge Lone Ranger fan.

So I won't be seeing that.

#2159 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

File this under the not looking forward to department:

http://www.winnipegf...-150139785.html

I'll venture out on a limb and say the villains will be a big corporation who wipe out the mangani and leave Tarzan the last of his kind.

#2160 johnnypt

johnnypt

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

File this under the not looking forward to department:

http://www.winnipegf...-150139785.html

I'll venture out on a limb and say the villains will be a big corporation who wipe out the mangani and leave Tarzan the last of his kind.

Motion capture? :(