346 replies to this topic

#221 LagomorphRex

LagomorphRex

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

when you say its going to be free, exactly what do you mean?

I own the game, but I only ever played it for two months, I'd not mind going back and trying again.

#222 Waldgeist

Waldgeist

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

when you say its going to be free, exactly what do you mean?

I own the game, but I only ever played it for two months, I'd not mind going back and trying again.

Just log in to your account and reactivate it to free-to-play. Log in. Play :) It's as easy as that.
Let us show them our hearts and then show them theirs!

#223 Roargathor

Roargathor

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Ok dudes, Those of you in the US, come to Tyranny and look for Roargathor. I'm an officer of an active guild called "The Brotherhood". If you're into RP, cool. If not, no problem. The game is still alive and well. Stop in and check it out.

#224 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

If any guys in EU want to join a friendly guild check out Carnage, and look up Athgulasan. Plaing on the Crom serrver at the moment, and loving it. the movie add on has just been release, this will probably be a bit better than the film knowing funcom. Cu on the otherside...wooohoooo.
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#225 Waldgeist

Waldgeist

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

If any guys in EU want to join a friendly guild check out Carnage, and look up Athgulasan. Plaing on the Crom serrver at the moment, and loving it. the movie add on has just been release, this will probably be a bit better than the film knowing funcom. Cu on the otherside...wooohoooo.

You have to check out the music in the new expansion pack. Knut Haugen again outdid himself. I would've loved for him to score the movie!
Let us show them our hearts and then show them theirs!

#226 Roargathor

Roargathor

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

You have to check out the music in the new expansion pack. Knut Haugen again outdid himself. I would've loved for him to score the movie!

Absolutely.

#227 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Yip, the music in this freakin game is excellent, leaves me tranced out some times listening to it. forgetting that I am currently in a raid LOL.
Added you lot as friends btw.
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#228 Imaro

Imaro

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've been playing AOC off and on since its launch. I don't many mmorpg's (the only other is Champions), but I think the game is great and really does an excellent job of bringing Howard's Hyborian world to life. I just wish they would add a couple of the Black Kingdoms (Kush, Darfar, Zembabwei, etc) as a playable area and add Kushites, Dafarians, etc as a playable race. I would love to create a character based on Juma or Saunders' Imaro. Maybe FunCom will consider it for the next expansion.

Btw, I think the new Turan expansion is great.

#229 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

I've been playing AOC off and on since its launch. I don't many mmorpg's (the only other is Champions), but I think the game is great and really does an excellent job of bringing Howard's Hyborian world to life. I just wish they would add a couple of the Black Kingdoms (Kush, Darfar, Zembabwei, etc) as a playable area and add Kushites, Dafarians, etc as a playable race. I would love to create a character based on Juma or Saunders' Imaro. Maybe FunCom will consider it for the next expansion.

Btw, I think the new Turan expansion is great.

That would be a great idea actually, never thought of the Darfur area as we have the Stygian area and Khitia. Would be good to play Juma the black warrior god actually! :)

#230 Roargathor

Roargathor

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Has anyone tried out the new "House of Crom" area yet? Free to play cant access the new areas.

#231 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

IT is pretty amazing actually tbh. I is dismal and misty and grey throughout, having several sections with great monsters. the problem is working out sequences to kill of the new baddies. I is worth getting a months access to see inside m8 to be honest.

Wish they would consider half payments for half the access etc, say 5 a month for some access areas. Too costly at the moment when your on the dole. :)

#232 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm beginning to hate free to play lol, like seeing the rich people eating cake while you stand outside in the cold! ;)

#233 Todes

Todes

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Bringing this topic back up;
i've been on AoC for about a year and a half now and i'm still way into the game. As many have pointed out, the details added to this game make it so unique. I've played WoW for all of 2 weeks, SWTOR for about a week and still came back to AoC.
I think the House of Crom addition is awesome. it's so dismal down there and the many bosses make it worthwhile.
'Heaven shall burn...when we are gathered.'

#234 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

YEah, I keep coming back to it myself now and again. It really is a good game. It also helps me focus on artistic things that I am into like art and 3D animation. Great game, both visually and sounds.

#235 BarbaricBludgeoning

BarbaricBludgeoning

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

I reaalllyy want to play age of conan if i had a rig that could play it i would i don't really have the money right now to buy or build one

#236 HaTeMe

HaTeMe

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

AOC looks realy fun, I am on an older machine so no play for me, my question: is there a browser game avail to play?
(ie. Conan themed)

#237 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I can only remember Tower of the Elephant being released as an app, check it out. Pretty good too.

Enjoy: http://appshopper.co...of-the-elephant

#238 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I went back after a while away, finances for luxuries are a thing of the past at the moment. It seems you cant really play this game if F2P (Free to Play) without buying access to dungeons and what not. The raids is the only good thing it seems when you hit lvl 80.

If you buy the addons, do you have to be subscription based then to enter these regions like godslayer etc or can you still access them F2P?

#239 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,630 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Once I reached lvl 80, I visited dungeons that were listed for lvl 80's, and got my a$$ handed to me every time. It seems that your only chance is to advance further is by killing other gamers. What is PvE like? Is there any way to advance once you reach L80?

Edited by Ironhand, 29 June 2012 - 08:19 AM.

"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#240 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Once I reached lvl 80, I visited dungeons that were listed for lvl 80's, and got my a$$ handed to me every time. It seems that your only chance is to advance further is by killing other gamers. What is PvE like? Is there any way to advance once you reach L80?

Iron, if you have not played the PVE you are missing out. It is excellent. I love doing RAID instance with 24 people hitting the bosses and learning the cycles of defeat and win. You can basically lvl passed 80 but in terms of MAstery XP from the addons like Godslayer and Pataing. These bonus or alternative traits and skills increase dmg and attack rates. Also new mounts offer far better speeds and bonuses. I am gonna go for addons soon, but waiting a while till the community starts to come back from other release of games like GW2 and Diablo and Star Wars etc. If not in a guild check out Carnage and add Athgulasan as friend.

See you on the other side! ;)