• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

Seriously folks, is crushing ones enemies, seeing them flee before you,
and hearing the lamentation of their women REALLY what is best in life? <_<

I personally enjoy a bottle of merlot, a thick rug, a roaring fireplace,
an opened first edition of period poetry, and romantic female
companionship on a cold winter night. But hey, that's just me.
What can I say? ;)

#2 War Song

War Song

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Seriously folks, is crushing ones enemies, seeing them flee before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women REALLY what is best in life? <_<

Genghis Khan thought so. ;)

#3 Ant

Ant

Formicida!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

Seriously folks, is crushing ones enemies, seeing them flee before you,
and hearing the lamentation of their women REALLY what is best in life? <_<

What can I say? ;)

"A jug of wine, a book of verse, and thou/Beside me in the wilderness/And wilderness is paradise enow."

Cheers,
Ant
My LibraryThing ● Go here now → CONAN wiki ← & add what you know! ●

#4 grim cimmerian

grim cimmerian

Saturnine Slayer, Crag Climber, Marauder of the Mountains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:41 PM

A new vista coming into view as one summits a crag in a wilderness, the scrapes on knuckles and knees that it took to get there, and the smiles on the faces of your friends that made the journey with you.

When someone doesn't have to tell you they love you, you just know....

of course it does feel pretty good to crush your enemies...
"WOE UNTO MY FOEMEN, PITY THEIR WIDOWS AND KIN."
All flatlanders are soft and frail, I enjoy those qualities in their women.
"By CROM if you so much as touch your hilt I'll split you from crown to crotch and see if your guts are as yellow as I think they are!"

#5 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:48 AM

According to a quote by Novalyn Price of REH, it was fighting, drinking, and whoring.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#6 PainBrush

PainBrush

In Memoriam: 2005-2009. Bastard son of a thousand nations!

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:20 AM

According to a quote by Novalyn Price of REH, it was fighting, drinking, and whoring.

- Yeah , Howard sometimes got his priorities in the wrong order ,
- fighting comes after the first 2 !!!

What is best in life ??!!
hhhmmmm. Lets see - it's got to be putting on my Pokemon pajamas & curling up on a nice snuggly couch to watch Sailormoon cartoons & munch through a bag of cheesy-poofs..................

" You have a good point there,...put your helmet on & no-one will notice it ."
" Look for a long time at what pleases you... and longer still at what pains you "
So THIS is civilization ??!??!......

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
~ FUTUE EOS SI NON CONCIPERE IOCULARUM ~

#7 Yogah

Yogah

Sage of the green planet Yag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:09 AM

hhhmmmm. Lets see - it's got to be putting on my Pokemon pajamas & curling up on a nice snuggly couch to watch Sailormoon cartoons & munch through a bag of cheesy-poofs..................

....mmm cheesy-poofs.... and snacky s'mores.... mmmm....
"... dreaming far-poised in the great blue vastness of Space."

#8 Guest_Tu for Kull_*

Guest_Tu for Kull_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Greetings!
PAINTBRUSH!ROTFL!!! :lol: Valka! I needed a laugh! :D

[Crom] 'He is grim and loveless,but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul.What else shall men ask of the gods?"

Tu

#9 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:05 AM

You think that's funny - wait till you read this ! - A couple years back my best friend & me went to the Motor-City Comic convention , I had stopped actively collecting comics years back - but he still did , besides that -you get the best prices on graphic novels , art books & bootleg movies there so I enjoy still going . I won't bore anybody with the details but we were pretty Cheech & Chonged that day , ahem , more like Beavis & Buttheaded & laughing at the stupidest stuff . ( we ummm , smoked some Green Lotus we got from a Lizard-On-A-Stick dealer ) While looking for some of those great genre movies & video-games you'd only find at a comic-geek-convention - we walked past all the tables full of d.v.d.'s , games etc. & For some reason there's a great preponderence nowadays of anime & asian movies - & there's at the conventions a lot of Asian dealers who presumably get the good deals importing those d.v.d.'s & tapes into the U.S.

Okay here comes the funny stuff - if anyones ever paid attention to any of the posts & in what topics I like posting I think it's reasonable to assume it's obvious being the heinz-57 mutt that I am - I honestly don't have a prejudice bone in my body - but I have a damn healthy sense of humor & all's fair in love , war & laughs . I had no freakin idea what the hell a " Sailormoon" was - but I was damn tired of that being ALL that those dealers seemed to have on their tables . & God-help-me if there weren't a group of 4 hot Asian chicks ( adults) - dressed up like Sailormoon & in Japanese school-girl uniforms with the little backpacks & skirts - that just weirded me out . & I think I went into Beavis-Cornholio mode because I started first & then my buddy followed - repeating over & over in a mock-Asian accent " SAYRA-MOON ! -SAYRA- MOON ! " in between spastic bouts of laughter every time we saw those movies , toys or those chicks - who laughed as hard as us when we did it .

Then we pass a booth with all the same Chinese gory-martial arts movies & SAILORMOON movies or cartoons or whatever they were , & we did it again , pointed & yelled " SAYRA-MOOOON ! " as loud as can be . The small Asian lady we didn't see sitting down behind the table stood up & went " SAYRA MOON ?? " - we both went " SAYRA-MOON !! " - she turned & yelled " SAYRA-MOON ! " as loud as she could to the Asian guy standing 2 booths down . He went " SAYRA-MOON ?? " & started to run over . we were about to piss ourselves & couldn't catch our breaths , we were laughing so hard there was no sound - only frozen-faced grins & tears in our eyes . The guy reaches out both hands with " SAYRA-MOON !!" tapes in them & he says - wait for it.....
"SAYRA-MOON !! " so I say " HOW MUCH - FIVE HUNRED DORRARS ?? " - like the guys in that movie " Bubble Boy " . The Asian guy goes " FIVE HUNRED DORRARS ?? " "NOoo" " FIVE DORRARS "- my buddy did then - he started to piss himself !! - He spotted his jeans he was laughing so hard ! I almost fell down because I couldn't catch my breath , the Asian guy & his wife were laughing at us almost as hard as we were & they had no idea why . - you had to be there !!!

Edited by PAINBRUSH, 09 September 2006 - 05:10 AM.

" Look for a long time at what pleases you... and longer still at what pains you "

#10 Swiftsteel

Swiftsteel

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:24 AM

Man...that is priceress. :lol:

Seriously though, for me what is best in life is the simple things; having good family and friends close at all times, someone to love who loves you back, good food, good drink, lots of laffz, and a cozy home from whence to enjoy all of the above. If you have all of that then everything else is just glitter upon the proverbial gold that will naturally fall into place. :)

#11 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:40 AM

Yes ! - Like wise old Solomon said - " Eat , - drink , - & beep Mary ! "

#12 slideyfoot

slideyfoot

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

What can I say? ;)

To be cheesy for a moment, I suppose whats best in life is firstly (like Swiftsteel mentioned) finding someone that loves you as much as you love them and secondly, accomplishing something meaningful that will last beyond your death. For some people, that might be raising some really great kids, or perhaps producing a incredible piece of art, or maybe charity work (building a school, a well or something like that).

#13 Rigby

Rigby

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

For me now married and with kids ,ah that?s just too easy. For 17 year old me
E body Mopars
Iron Maiden
Big boobs

#14 Xaltotun

Xaltotun

Undead Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

To wander the open road
With bugs in my teeth.
To hear a wench squeal
When I crush her
In my python arms.
To lavish many hours
Embalming the heads
Of my witless enemies.
Ahh, the good things in life.
B)

...oh, and cheeseburgers!
..um, and Kate Beckinsale in a tight, tight outfit!
:D

#15 Guest_fiendlurking_*

Guest_fiendlurking_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

Watching football, drinking beer, eating lots of food...and rolling around in the sack with a pretty lady...basically thanks giving with women involved...life doesnt get any better than that!

#16 Borumas

Borumas

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:42 PM

Hmm, for me drinking some Jameson 12 year old curled up near a fire with my woman and maybe watching a good flick all the while.
In 334BC Alexander met with Celtic warriors on the banks of the Danube and asked them what they feared most, expecting a reply that they feared him. Instead they stated "We fear only that the skies will fall on our heads."
The Celts regarded the Romans as barbarians due to their practice of murdering prisoners or selling prisoners, including women and children, into slavery.

#17 budgie

budgie

craven idol maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

whats best in life.. being ME!!! :lol:

Budgie
Posted Image Posted Image

Electric Scotland.com - For everything about Scotland online
Scifi Scotland - For everything about me and what Im into!!

#18 Mike_The_Barbarian

Mike_The_Barbarian

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

Crush your enemies. Seeing them driven before you, and hearing the screams of the women covers a very wide spectrum really. Crushing your enemies could mean anything from beating someone at a game of cards to destroying their armies on a battle field. And the woman part could be with the 'one and only' or the whoring yourself out everyday and twice on a tuesday. It can be interpretend in alot of ways, far from the way it was originally intended.

There's not much better in life than this! In all its forms. But I have to ask...What on earth is Sailor Moon? Haha, I'm going to go to bed now and have dreams of little Chinese girls putting a sail on a moon and flying the skys. Planet Caravan anyone? :P
They are the weak and cowardly who, when the enemy is crashing through the front door, will cower in the back room, counting on better men than themselves to make and keep them free.

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Pain is weakness leaving the body

#19 PainBrush

PainBrush

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:49 AM

But I have to ask...What on earth is Sailor Moon?

I still couldn't tell ya , here's another funny one tho - from 'King of the Hill ' - Hank asks his Asian neighbor
"What are you , Chinese or Japanese ? "
" I'm Laotian . "
" Yeah , uhm - which ocean , Chinese or Japanese ??? "

Edited by PAINBRUSH, 24 September 2006 - 03:50 AM.

#20 budgie

budgie

craven idol maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:48 AM

What on earth is Sailor Moon? :P

Sailor moon site

Dont watch it, it will burn your eyes out.. :o

Budgie
Posted Image Posted Image

Electric Scotland.com - For everything about Scotland online
Scifi Scotland - For everything about me and what Im into!!