• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#341 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Such a bizarre title change. Lazer cats!
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#342 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Now that was a series that I didn't think would be so "easy", so to speak. I haven't been actively collecting REH pulps for that many years, but those were particularly elusive. I think at one point Rob made the comment that he would have been happy to *see a scan* of their covers... Anyway, here they are, in über-nice condition (and the Dec ish in absolutely killer condition), with very nice off-white paper, all three of them in one fell swoop.
And if there's one REH character I don't like, it's bound to be a Allison, for whatever reason: I really don't care for the Sonora Kid and Kid Allison stories.. Go figure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Patrice Louinet, 14 March 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#343 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#344 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#345 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#346 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,203 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Now that was a series that I didn't think would be so "easy", so to speak. I haven't been actively collecting REH pulps for that many years, but those were particularly elusive. I think at one point Rob made the comment that he would have been happy to *see a scan* of their covers... Anyway, here they are, in über-nice condition (and the Dec ish in absolutely killer condition), with very nice off-white paper, all three of them in one fell swoop.
And if there's one REH name I don't like, it's bound to be a Allison, for whatever reason: I really don't care for the Sonora Kid and Kid Allison stories.. Go figure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cool pic. B) A lot of people don't realize just how THICK a lot of pulps were.

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#347 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Awesome Patrice! :D
Check out my blog: An Age Undreamed Of

#348 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

I think at one point Rob made the comment that he would have been happy to *see a scan* of their covers...

I got scans of of the last two shortly after I posted something on the Cimmerian blog years ago, but this is the first timne I've seen the first in the series. Nice!

Rob

#349 PaulMc

PaulMc

Sword of Crom

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

I don't have anything super collectible value, but I've been meaning to do this for a while.

First shelf, the Del Reys, One Who Walked Alone, and a Jordan omnibus.
Posted Image

Followed by Conan - REH & pastiches. Order is a bit wonky because I put the read ones behind the unread.
Posted Image

Posted Image

And a few in trade paperback format.
Posted Image

We take out the Conan paperbacks in front, to reveal the back. More than just Conan stuff;
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pastiche material leads the next shelf.
Posted Image

Finally, a couple of stragglers.
Posted Image

I have some of the Dark Horse reprint collections, Solomon Kane, Kull, Conan, though it is by no means complete (and not really worth another photo.)

-- Paul McNamee

My Blog

#350 TomByCrom

TomByCrom

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Well this is fun, I'm amazed at your collections! Here is my fun stuff:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#351 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Great stuff Paul and Tom! :D

#352 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

This one is lower grade, but it's got decent paper---and it's signed by Frank Miller! :P

Posted Image

Not only does it have the first installment of Otis Adelbert Kline's sword-and-planet adventure Planet of Peril (with a cool sf cover), but also the REH boxing story "Crowd Horror." This was a big sale for REH at the time (1929), as Argosy was one the top high-end pulps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by theagenes, 17 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#353 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Nice to see some new blood on this thread. Everyone needs not be crazy as some of us.
I didn't know Miller was that old...

#354 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Nice to see some new blood on this thread. Everyone needs not be crazy as some of us.
I didn't know Miller was that old...

OR as crazy as Frank Miller. :blink:

#355 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

PaulMc - You have some pretty collectible stuff. Novalyne's book is hard to get and the hardcover Red Nails is valuable along with those selected letters. You have a very nice collection.

May I add though - The REH Foundation books cost just a tad bit more but what you get is super, super, collectable and goes up in value each and every year! And the great news is that they are ALL Available EXCEPT Collected Poetry by REH. The REH Foundation books are limited in number usually 150, numbered, First Printings, and the most recent one by Mark Finn, Blood and Thunder, The Life and Art of REH he actually signed them!

Just get in contact with Rob.
The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#356 Warduke

Warduke

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Guess this could be a thread to show off your colection of Conan goodies. Here's most of what I have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That isn't everything. Got a couple more of the McFarlan figures and a big stack of Savage Sword of Conan comics. And pretty soon I'm gonna be ordering the Conan swords.
Posted ImageCivilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

Posted Image

#357 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Somebody should produce a "Barbie the Barbarian" figure. Just take a Barbie doll and strip her and dress her in furs and leather. :lol:
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#358 Warduke

Warduke

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

They kind of made that http://www.amazon.co...33775808&sr=1-2
Posted ImageCivilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

Posted Image

#359 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Warduke :) Pretty cool stuff! There is a topic called Show Us Your Howards. I'll get around to it one of these days. Wow - you should see what Theagenes and Patrice have!!! and some other REH fans - It's incredible.

Edited by Richard, 07 April 2012 - 10:20 PM.

The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#360 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Somebody should produce a "Barbie the Barbarian" figure. Just take a Barbie doll and strip her and dress her in furs and leather. :lol:

They did that back in the 70's. It's called Mego Conan. That hair---yikes!

Great collection Warduke!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conan, books, comics, toys, statues, figures, colectiables