http://imgur.com/a/znkqe#25

#562 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:38 PM

Thank you Bobby for sharing Always Come Evening. I'm still on the hunt at my local mom and pop never knowing if some day I uncover something of Robert E. Howard that has never been seen or heard of before. If I locate something I will donate it to the REH Foundation at REH Days.  I read that Bob's dad Dr. Isaac Howard's brother's great grandsons are going to be in attendance! How cool is that.

If anyone has an autograph or initials of Robert E. Howard can you post? One nice person showed his book that had Bob's autograph but I forgot who it was and what book it was in or might have been a postcard.

Anyways I appreciate us REH fans coming together and showing all our Howards :).  I got a few more REH items but not anything newsworthy.

Thanks a lot!

The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#563 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

I suppose that would be me.

XmascardtoLenorePreece.jpg

#564 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

Patrice - how awesome is that Christmas Card? That autograph is rare & priceless! Do you know who Bob sent it to? Did you get it authenticated? And finally, how did you acquire it - online?

Thanks for showing us REH fans your super rare Howard autograph a one of a kind as Bob a lot of times signed with his initials.

Much appreciated :)

The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#565 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

It's a Christmas card to Lenore Preece, which I obtained last year in a private deal. I am authenticating it myself! (and I have the provenance, to boot.)

#566 Bobby Derie

Bobby Derie

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:14 AM

Nice score!

#567 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Latest grab. A rather elusive REH issue, containing "The Ghost of Camp Colorado"

Texaco%20Star%20-%201931-04.jpg

#568 BarB

BarB

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Congratulations Patrice,

Really nice find! Thanks for sharing with us. I know it goes in with the rest of the treasures. I meant to tell you that I have, in fact, seen a photo of where you keep your collection. It appeared at the end of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I really like the cover art on this. The colors in your photo are more vibrant than the one on HowardWorks. They jump off the page. HW states the article included five photographs that were not reprinted until The New Howard Reader in 1998. http://www.howardwor...-April1931.html

Could you post them here or at least some of them?

Barb

#569 Fierro

Fierro

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

My brother just sent me paperback 1sts of Pigeons From Hell and Other Weird and Fantastic Adventures and Almuric.

Cool bro, him.

#570 PaulMc

PaulMc

Sword of Crom

• Moderators
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Treated myself to a replica STRANGE TALES, January 1933 last night. Includes "The Cairn on the Headland," and stories from Derleth, Clark Ashton Smith and Hugh B. Cave (cover story)

https://lh3.googleus...o=w774-h1036-no

https://lh3.googleus...lY=w717-h960-no

-- Paul McNamee

My Blog

#571 drush9999

drush9999

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

A fair copy of the Herbert Jenkins A Gent from Bear Creek was on sale on abebooks for 150 pounds. Must have sold pretty quick!
"But the law!" screamed Tu.
"I am the law!" roared Kull, swinging up his axe; it flashed downward and the stone tablet flew into a hundred pieces. The people clenched their hands in horror, waiting dumbly for the sky to fall.

#572 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, I know. I missed it by a few seconds. It went for $240, but was rebound and in terrible shape. Still I tried but I was slow on draw!
Check out my blog: An Age Undreamed Of

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conan, books, comics, toys, statues, figures, colectiables