794 replies to this topic

#441 terryallenuk

terryallenuk

Barbarian from the British Isles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Over here too , episode 2 tomorrow night !

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group is dedicated to the characters created by Robert E Howard that have appeared in comic book form from Marvel Comics , Dark Horse Comics , BOOM Studios, Cross Plains Comics , Dynamite Entertainment etc.

http://groups.yahoo....REHcomicsgroup/

http://www.facebook.com/rehcomicsgroup

#442 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

ok lol what is with martin, this is his second character who is all into shtupping his daughters...it's a bit...much.

i want to see the imp slap joffrey across the kisser again.
"I live, I BURN WITH LIFE, I love, I slay, and am content."
"Here's to brother Painbrush, we drink to his Shade..."
"All Art Is Martial"- RZA

"Our basic purist premise:
ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#443 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Love that little guy. :)

#444 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Got caught up on the new season this past weekend. As usualy Tyrion is great as always.
And I like that Bronn got his rewards, and pretty much admitted he can kill children.
"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"

#445 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

these episodes are waaaaaaay too short- they need to be at least an hour 20...i feel like the opening credits are longer than some story segments.

ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#446 RJMooreII

RJMooreII

Der Einzige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

I like Mormont and the Danish guy, Jaime Lannister.
"Never trust a wizard - even in death." - Grognak the Barbarian

#447 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Anyone else an "icky" when seeing that ShadowThing being born/created?
That's how you show dark magic coming into effect! By being so horrible
that it creates a gut reaction in those seeing it.

#448 MaxTheSilent

MaxTheSilent

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Anyone else an "icky" when seeing that ShadowThing being born/created?
That's how you show dark magic coming into effect! By being so horrible
that it creates a gut reaction in those seeing it.

You mean 'The Devil's Queef'?

Yeah, I thought "Okay, this just stepped up a notch here. Now we're getting into some dark magic-type s**t..."

#449 witchfire

witchfire

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

i tought i could'nt hate jeofrey more.....

they proved me wrong
"today the blood of battle upon my weapons will never dry
many i'll send into the ground, laughing as they die"

#450 Officer Aggro

Officer Aggro

Infidel Defiler

• Moderators
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

they proved me wrong

While reading the books, the two characters I despised most were Joffrey and Ramsay Bolton. The actor portraying Joffrey in the show is perfect for the role, and I applaud him for his acting.

Love that little guy. :)

Tyrion is easily my favorite character on the show.
- The illegitimate son of Crom

#451 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

they proved me wrong

I cannot think of a death that would be come close to giving him the justice he deserves before he dies.
And I must agree with what was mentioned above. The actor playing him does an excellent job.
In particular I love the mix of emotions he shows on his face when he does senes with his uncle Tyrion.

#452 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

they proved me wrong

He makes Malfoy look like a Boy Scout. This actor has a great future.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#453 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Btw, how does everyone feel about the cgi for the dire wolves.
Myself, I love that they have decided to go with it.
It's been a little hard for me to picture the dogs used last season as creatures that inspire fear and terror.

#454 Kortoso

Kortoso

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, those were German Shepherds, not even real wolves. :)

#455 John Maddox Roberts

John Maddox Roberts

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I think in the first season they were still pups. Now they've grown into real dire wolves.

#456 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Not having read the books, I think it would be proper if Arya's wolf returned and finished the job he started with Joffrey.

#457 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Not having read the books, I think it would be proper if Arya's wolf returned and finished the job he started with Joffrey.

that would be huge, one limb at a time. like a chew toy.

#458 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

last night's ep was pretty good- this season definitely had a lot of exposition, maybe too much, so to see battle actually joined was pretty good.

i really hope next week is not anticlimactic!!!

i do question the 'siege' stanis layed down...and why did the hound sortie out really? I guess for budget reasons I wasn't expecting a long drawn out proper siege, and am also wondering where the red headed witch went off to.

#459 Kortoso

Kortoso

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

The hound is Sandor Clegane, isn't it?
Spoiler

Anyway, for me, it was a relief to see one story followed all the way through the episode without switching to another set of characters that we've half-forgetten.
I don't remember very much about Stannis, just the Hound thanking him for cutting off his fingers.

#460 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

definitely am with you on the segments...they should keep to the gym class schedule of A week is this set of characters, B week is the other. When the opening credit is longer than some story segments you have a problem, especially when some of the segments kind of dragged into exposition which was hard to keep track of.

Spoiler