• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#321 Jay@Paradox

Jay@Paradox

Master Scribe of Luxur

• Admin
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:49 AM

First I just want to let you know that we are looking at the fan movie/art/creation question and will give an answer soon. But now for the other outstanding questions:

1) How about a Conan for the Wii? Or the PSP?

Can I please just finish the recent console game first before we put another one out? I wish I still had the God Mode as when I beta-tested the game, so much easier. Buggery squid. But anyhow... THQ has the exclusive license for non-MMO Conan games, and I will forward your suggestions to them.

2) Any hints or broad revelations CPI can discuss on the merchandise marketing of the Solomon Kane movie? Will there be action figures, book adaptations of the movie or pastiche adventures tying in to the movie, comic book adaptations of the movie, etc.

I think I'll keep you in suspense for a little longer.

/ Jay

#322 Hyborian Frog

Hyborian Frog

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

Jay, will CPI license a 3rd party to create a nice map of Hyboria? I mean a large one made of cloth or parchment that can be framed and hung on the wall? Maybe it could be sold from this web-site like some authors do for limited lithograph maps for their novels?

#323 Jay@Paradox

Jay@Paradox

Master Scribe of Luxur

• Admin
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

Jay, will CPI license a 3rd party to create a nice map of Hyboria? I mean a large one made of cloth or parchment that can be framed and hung on the wall? Maybe it could be sold from this web-site like some authors do for limited lithograph maps for their novels?

There are a few licensees who are using the existing maps of Hyboria in their products. The only separate map product at this moment would be the color map poster Mongoose Publishing includes with the GM screen. I have it above my desk and refer to it daily. I don't see why CPI would not license such a product as the one you suggest to a 3rd party wanting to produce it.
/ Jay

#324 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

There are a few licensees who are using the existing maps of Hyboria in their products. The only separate map product at this moment would be the color map poster Mongoose Publishing includes with the GM screen. I have it above my desk and refer to it daily. I don't see why CPI would not license such a product as the one you suggest to a 3rd party wanting to produce it.
/ Jay

I have just such an item, done professionally by hand on burlap, in multiple colors, very old looking, framed and on the wall. Got it at Howard Days in CP, when some semi-pro artist sold it at the auction. Its almost always a good auction.

#325 Hyborian Frog

Hyborian Frog

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

/ Jay

I have just such an item, done professionally by hand on burlap, in multiple colors, very old looking, framed and on the wall. Got it at Howard Days in CP, when some semi-pro artist sold it at the auction. Its almost always a good auction.

Is that like the one that is framed and hanging in the Howard Museum in Cross Plains?

#326 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

Can we confirm Xavier Gens as director of the Conan live-action film? IMDB attaches his name to the project, but the news has been nothing but rumor. Thanks!

#327 Jay@Paradox

Jay@Paradox

Master Scribe of Luxur

• Admin
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Can we confirm Xavier Gens as director of the Conan live-action film? IMDB attaches his name to the project, but the news has been nothing but rumor. Thanks!

Until there is an official press release or something from any of the directly involved companies, information like this is nothing but a rumor. Rumor. Once again, rumor. ;) Anyone can add rumors to IMDB, and we do our best to keep removing such information.
/ Jay

#328 Kortoso

Kortoso

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thanks Jay. I often wonder how IMDB verifies their info.

#329 Strom

Strom

Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,501 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

First I just want to let you know that we are looking at the fan movie/art/creation question and will give an answer soon. But now for the other outstanding questions:

Can I please just finish the recent console game first before we put another one out? I wish I still had the God Mode as when I beta-tested the game, so much easier. Buggery squid. But anyhow... THQ has the exclusive license for non-MMO Conan games, and I will forward your suggestions to them.

We just want the current game - the one you are playing - available on more consoles than the PS3 & Xbox 360. :)

2) Any hints or broad revelations CPI can discuss on the merchandise marketing of the Solomon Kane movie? Will there be action figures, book adaptations of the movie or pastiche adventures tying in to the movie, comic book adaptations of the movie, etc.

/ Jay

That's cool. Thanks Jay.

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#330 Hyborian Frog

Hyborian Frog

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:50 AM

We just want the current game - the one you are playing - available on more consoles than the PS3 & Xbox 360. :)

/ Jay

That's cool. Thanks Jay.

Yes, I think the current Conan game should be scaled down to play on Wii also. They system has outsold both of the other systems and it would be nice to have a good action game on Nintendo's console.

#331 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:14 AM

/ Jay

That's cool. Thanks Jay.

Yes, I think the current Conan game should be scaled down to play on Wii also. They system has outsold both of the other systems and it would be nice to have a good action game on Nintendo's console.

Hey, what a great idea - give us fans a chance to develop a Cimmerian-style physique while we play our favorite game! Then, when a ripped, rippling-muscled star is finally chosen for the movie, he can claim he got those muscles playing the game - what a testimonial!

Edited by Ironhand, 17 January 2008 - 05:15 AM.

"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#332 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

Hey, Strom! Do you change avatars every day? I could almost swear I was reading posts late one night, and your avatar changed between one post and the next.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#333 Strom

Strom

Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,501 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:34 AM

Hey, Strom! Do you change avatars every day? I could almost swear I was reading posts late one night, and your avatar changed between one post and the next.

Your eyesight is sharp Ironhand! Lately I have been switching my avatar & sig. I've always been the guy who's can't leave stuff alone. Always tinkering. :)

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#334 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

[Is that like the one that is framed and hanging in the Howard Museum in Cross Plains?

Better. Definitely better.

#335 Sermon Bath

Sermon Bath

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

I liked Strom's old avatar, it reminds me of my 5nd grade phys ed teacher, man that woman was meaaaaannnnn!!!
I don't worry...I have to much on my mind

#336 Hyborian Frog

Hyborian Frog

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

[Is that like the one that is framed and hanging in the Howard Museum in Cross Plains?

Better. Definitely better.

Like I emailed you, this might be a project that REH Foundation could do. Maybe get 100 really nice, realistic, aged, maps worthy of framing for sale.

I know I could get some map from Mongoose publishing, but I'd rather have something much more realistic looking and frame it.

#337 Cuchulain

Cuchulain

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

No word back from Jay on Fan Films? I have cameras and computers just itching to put some stuff out. ;)

#338 terryallenuk

terryallenuk

Barbarian from the British Isles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

Just wondering if there was any liklihood of seeing the Conan Newspaper strip collected ?

I asked this question a few years back and received this reply :

"2) How about finding out what you have to do to reprint the Conan newspaper strip? IIRC Roy mentioned somewhere that a foreign edition had been done at one time. I reckon Ernie Chan's pencilling on the strip is some of the best Conan he did and I'm sure there'd be a good market as it was so rarely seen.

Theo/ There is a possibility of doing it. It's a matter of syndication."

Anything happening ?

Cheers

Terry

PS : Would the now settled dispute regarding Sonja/Sonja help with us seeing a collection , as well as the missing stories from the DH Chronicles books ?

Edited by terryallenuk, 03 February 2008 - 10:12 AM.

The Robert E Howard Comics Group is dedicated to the characters created by Robert E Howard that have appeared in comic book form from Marvel Comics , Dark Horse Comics , BOOM Studios, Cross Plains Comics , Dynamite Entertainment etc.

http://groups.yahoo....REHcomicsgroup/

http://www.facebook.com/rehcomicsgroup

#339 Kortoso

Kortoso

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

No word back from Jay on Fan Films? I have cameras and computers just itching to put some stuff out. ;)

I haven't heard anything back. I hope this means that it's still in discussion. :)

#340 Jay@Paradox

Jay@Paradox

Master Scribe of Luxur

• Admin
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

I'm bugging Legal about it. It's a matter of formulating a final, all-encompassing answer which is not as easy as it sounds. Perhaps threatening to unleash Acheronian armies will do the trick. Or simply grab a Marto sword from the wall and swing it around.