68 replies to this topic

#21 siggyweaves

siggyweaves

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:38 PM

Captnflav, I'm in the process of playing through your arrangements of Kitchen/Orgy - no small feat to arrange this track - there is so much going on musically, I'm not surprised that there were sections that you had to leave certain things out. Thanks for taking the time to arrange this!

#22 elegos7

elegos7

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

Captnflav,

Thanks for the new version of The Kitchen with text. I think it is excellent that each chorus section is included in the transcription.

Elegos, your comments are welcome !
For bars 7 to 10, I'm agree with you : the chorus is missing. I wanted that this part is more pianistic and I thus preferred to arrange the fast movement played by string instead of choir. However, I understand your point of view : that is made to the detriment of the atmosphere...
Well, I work again on this sheet music : I maked slight changes on some bars and I included text.
Please download "Conan the Barbarian - The Kitchen (Piano version 2 with text)" here and let me your comments.

Regards,
Captnflav

#23 captnflav

captnflav

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

NEW SHEET MUSIC !

The Leaving / The Search is available (with mp3 piano recording)
http://www.4shared.c...Collection.html

Next arrangement : Atlantean Sword

#24 Ofeig

Ofeig

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

NEW SHEET MUSIC !

Great, great, great work! I can't wait for Atlantean Sword! Tell me, what synthesizer did you use for the mp3;s?

Oh, by the way ? a small error in bar 54.

Gimme mooooore!
I prefer listening to a snapping bowstring,
than never to fire a shot.
- Swedish proverb

#25 captnflav

captnflav

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:42 PM

NEW SHEET MUSIC !

Great, great, great work! I can't wait for Atlantean Sword! Tell me, what synthesizer did you use for the mp3;s?

Oh, by the way – a small error in bar 54.

Gimme mooooore!

I use Kurzweil K2500X for recording...
About the "error" in bar 54, please could you be more specific ? Because I play again this bar 54 and comparative to the original song, I can't find any mistakes !

About Atlantean Sword, this sheet music will be ready in a few days :)

Edited by captnflav, 13 August 2007 - 09:27 AM.

#26 ThulsaDoomFIN

ThulsaDoomFIN

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

If by any means possible, could you make piano versions of Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom and/or Battle of the Mounds as well? I really liked your previous piano arrangements but along with the Kitchen these are the ones I really would love to hear.

#27 Ofeig

Ofeig

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

NEW SHEET MUSIC !

Oh, by the way ? a small error in bar 54.

Gimme mooooore!

I use Kurzweil K2500X for recording...
About the "error" in bar 54, please could you be more specific ? Because I play again this bar 54 and comparative to the original song, I can't find any mistakes !

About Atlantean Sword, this sheet music will be ready in a few days :)

My bad, looked at the same place again and what I thought to be an error in time signature was correct, must've been my adobe reader...
- Swedish proverb

#28 captnflav

captnflav

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

Atlantean Sword is available (sheet music and recording)

Next arrangement
Anvil of Crom coming soon...
This will be my last arrangement for this piano collection. I make these sheet music on my free time then I can't take any more requests.

ThulsaDoomFIN : I know somebody who try to arrange Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom but he needs time because it's a really hardest piece to arrange for one single piano.

Edited by captnflav, 18 August 2007 - 10:20 AM.

#29 captnflav

captnflav

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

Anvil of Crom available !

Sheet music and piano recording here :
http://www.gamingfor...html#post494088

Edited by captnflav, 23 August 2007 - 10:56 AM.

#30 elegos7

elegos7

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

Captnflav,

Thank you for your wonderful piano scores of Conan. I hope that one day you will also transcribe Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom (one of my favourites) and at least the main theme from Conan the Destroyer.

#31 siggyweaves

siggyweaves

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Thanks once again! Great work!

#32 ThulsaDoomFIN

ThulsaDoomFIN

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

A little off-topic here, but regarding to those Kitchen lyrics you put into your piano sheet, I would like to add something. I give huge thanks to Angelbarbaro for clearing out these lyrics in the Riders of Doom thread, but there are some things that could be different. Here's what I have changed, after listening the song hundreds of times and studying online latin glossaries.

Alum dare id Hephaestus, id ire votum (Give food to Hephaestus, Go to him, to pray)
Fati virum, omni brachium (To the oracle responsible of everything)
Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati (To the beautiful profound hell of the servants of doom)
Impoteo Infernarum (Stinking Hell)
Pulchris infernarum profundis (To the beautiful profound hell)
Impoteo, impoteo fati (Stinking, Stinking fate)

Impoteo Infernarum (Stinking hell)
Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire (Give food, suffer, go to him, to Hephaestus)
Pro profundis fati (Through the profound doom)
Pro pulchris infernarum profundis (Through the beautiful profound hell)
Pro pulchris omni fati brachium (Through the beautiful hell responsible of all doom)
Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati (Beautiful deep hell of servants of doom)
Profundis, profundis fati (To the profound, profound doom)
Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire (Give food, suffer, go to him, to Hephaestus)
Pro profundis fati. (Through the profound doom)

Hephaestus was a Greek god of fire, metal, and blackmiths, and it should be his name that stands in the lyrics. Vulcan was his Roman equivalent. Also, votum, which means among other things, to pray, makes more sense at least to me, also sounds more like it in the song. "Fati" means fate, or doom, but I prefer using doom mostly, considering all the Thulsa Doom and hell related things in this song. How could only hell be responsible of all fate?

#33 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

Profundum is also translated as "deep" if I'm not mistaken.

#34 ThulsaDoomFIN

ThulsaDoomFIN

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:18 PM

Profundum is also translated as "deep" if I'm not mistaken.

profundum : a depth, abyss, chasm / the sea.
profundus : deep, profound, high, thick, dense, boundless.

That's what I found from one online glossary, strange that same word can mean things like "deep" and "high". But like with the word fati that I explained in my previous post, it sounds more reasonable to me when I translate it "profound".

#35 neeson

neeson

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

I want strongly thank you!!! You have done grat job! You dont even know how I appreciated it! Nad I want to ask if the Riddle of Steel/Raiders of Doom and Recovery will be here available too? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

#36 Flaming Turd

Flaming Turd

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

:o

Man this music is really beautiful and sounds like heaven.

Thank you very much.

#37 TheLordCrom

TheLordCrom

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:08 AM

Wouldnt and app like Cakewalk be able to print out the score from the old GM Midi files from years ago?

I downloaded these and added them to my library, any chance we could get an mp3 with a better bitrate? say 196?

Very nicely done.

Edited by TheLordCrom, 21 September 2007 - 12:09 AM.

The Lord Crom
Director of the Solomon Kane Fan Film "The Return of Sir Richard Grenville"
My shortfilms: http://www.mystichammer.com/
Crom's Conan Page and SSOC Cover Gallery: http://www.mystichammer.com/conan/

#38 daring

daring

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

Captnflav; God bless you!

For some 25 years now the wonderful score to Conan the Barbarian by the late great Master Poledouris has been my favorite music. I've been playing music for the last 15 years and I've always wanted to transcribe the score. I've worked at some of the music here and there, but never completed any of the pieces. I stumbled upon this forum since I'm always in search of news on the Conan score (still hoping that the London Symphony will finally get a crack at this phenomenal music and release a new recording!). When I saw your post I thought "There goes another sorry MIDI arrangement of some Conan music!"... well, to say the least, I was pleasantly surprised!

Your skills of transcription and arrangement are fantastic! You've taken this classic work and put it into simpler arrangements that average musicians may aspire to perform. And the fact that you have made your work available online for FREE is just a huge blessing to me, and I'm guessing a lot of other people. You have no idea how much I've been enjoying your arrangements of this music the past few days. It is refreshing to hear a different interpretation of the Master's music after all these years. I've been recently working on my own transcription of Anvil of Crom so this work of yours will really help me in that regard. It is difficult to transcribe a full orchestra and choir into something you can play on solo piano but you've done a wonderful job. Upon hearing your playing of "The Leaving/The Search", my all time favorite music, I literally was brought to tears (so you've done it right!).

Up until now I've been mainly a play by ear musician, though I did take some music theory in college. But now that I have some of the Conan sheet music in my hands I've been sufficiently inspired to really get serious with my music reading/sight reading skills. I know that you have done this work on your own accord and I am so grateful but is there any chance of you doing more cues from the score (in particular Orphans of Doom/Awakening and Recovery). Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to have this work that you have already submitted, but I'm so inspired by your work I can't help but hope for some more. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. As a fellow musician and Conan score lover I am forever in your debt.

DarinG

#39 Ofeig

Ofeig

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

I know that I am late again, but the time signature of "Anvil of Crom" isn't 22/8 but 5/8+6/8 (as seen in the extra material to the DVD)! ;)
- Swedish proverb

#40 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

I know that I am late again, but the time signature of "Anvil of Crom" isn't 22/8 but 5/8+6/8 (as seen in the extra material to the DVD)! ;)

You mean it switches time signatures every measure (or thereabouts)? Or does it revert to another signature during the "refrain"?