How can i get a audio CD copy of worms of the earth

#2 Primeval

Primeval

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:48 AM

It was only available with the limited edition Wandering Star book.

"Roll on me like a flood, now, if ye dare! Before your viper fangs drink my life I will reap your multitudes like ripened barley - of your severed heads will I build a tower and of your mangled corpses will I rear up a wall!" - Bran Mak Morn in "Worms of the Earth"

#3 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

Strange. I have the Wandering Star edition of "The Last King", but I didn't receive an audio CD. Did it just come with the leatherbound edition?
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#4 Primeval

Primeval

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

Strange. I have the Wandering Star edition of "The Last King", but I didn't receive an audio CD. Did it just come with the leatherbound edition?

Sorry, yeah I meant it only came with that edition. I have it - it's an excellent production.

"Roll on me like a flood, now, if ye dare! Before your viper fangs drink my life I will reap your multitudes like ripened barley - of your severed heads will I build a tower and of your mangled corpses will I rear up a wall!" - Bran Mak Morn in "Worms of the Earth"

#5 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

I'm pretty sure it came with all the various editions. Did you acquire your copy second-hand?

#6 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

I'm pretty sure it came with all the various editions. Did you acquire your copy second-hand?

No, I got it from Bud Plant.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#7 Aaront596

Aaront596

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

Sorry, yeah I meant it only came with that edition. I have it - it's an excellent production.

cool sounds awesome someone should rip it to mp3 and post it on rapidshare and then post the link for everyone!

#8 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

No, I got it from Bud Plant.

I know it's two years on since this question was raised and it's probably already been answered for you elsewhere but, just in case it hasn't, I thought I'd chime in with what (little) I know.

AFAIK, Wandering Star published three version of The Last King: an unnumbered trade edition, a signed/numbered artist's edition and the leatherbound edition. The latter two came with the CDs of "Worms of the Earth".

I have the trade edition (as I believe you do, Amsterdamaged) and it doesn't have the CDs. More's the pity. <_<

Hope this information (1) helps and (2) isn't waaay past it's due date. :P

Kev

#9 thedarkman

thedarkman

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

The audio version of Horror Stories of Robert E Howard has Worms of the Earth, and its very good. The whole thing is very good, actually.

#10 ZackDavisson

ZackDavisson

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is that a full-cast audio play, or just a books on tape kind of thing?

I also have the Wandering Star Bran Mak Morn, but just the regular hardback. Those books were cool, but waaaaay out of my budget.

#11 thedarkman

thedarkman

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

The audio versions are read by one person directly from the books. The quality of the narration is first class, and I enjoy them immensely. I also have the audio versions of all three Conan collections ( same content as the Del Rey paperbacks) and they too are very good, worth every penny.

Personally, I don't care for muti-cast, sound effect versions of books, except for old-time radio plays.

#12 ZackDavisson

ZackDavisson

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

Ah, too bad. I don't really care for people just reading books, but I love full-cast audio plays.