Photo

Discuss the Upcoming Conan Film (Conan 2011)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7156 replies to this topic

#3181 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Just doing some digging this afternoon. The Stefan Razlojki listed as "Weapons Master" for Conan was also the armourer for that really bad TV movie Grendel.

#3182 Waldgeist

Waldgeist

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Just doing some digging this afternoon. The Stefan Razlojki listed as "Weapons Master" for Conan was also the armourer for that really bad TV movie Grendel.

Talent and quality all over this project ;)
Let us show them our hearts and then show them theirs!

#3183 Serg

Serg

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

PIC
Monique Gabderton stunt for nichols
I assume this pic is from Bulgaria

Edited by Serg, 18 June 2010 - 09:54 PM.

#3184 Waldgeist

Waldgeist

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

PIC
Monique Gabderton stunt for nichols
I assume this pic is from Bulgaria

Well.. they could replace Nichols looks-wise with her any time to be honest ;)
Let us show them our hearts and then show them theirs!

#3185 Serg

Serg

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

true

#3186 droc

droc

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

I think I might stop reading this thread...

#3187 Munthasem

Munthasem

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Talent and quality all over this project ;)

Ha! You gave me a good portion of laugh with this. I mean, even if this mirracle we all want to come and save this project decide it's impossible task even for it, we'll at least have a good laugh about all of this. Maybe they could check some old horror movie gadgets and put the movie about the mass funeral of Cimmerians whose bones somewhat miraculously emerges from their graves to destroy all mankind, to drink our eyes and brains and to flush the rain of massacre all over the place. They all will sharpen their fangs to bite people around. They already started their rampage. Their bones already shackles. There won't be an ounce of mercy!
And see there's a grave big enough for all of the Conan and REH fans. There we'll lie and be burried soon enough. Oh we all will be the food for maggots and rot in our sorrow over the Conan movie shattered to everlasting dust. Out of the depths of the deepest cathacombes, comes the roaring of the longtoothed zombies.
Between the life and death there won't be anything left except the everlasting sea of skulls and bones of those that laid their very lives in order to save the magnifficence of REH and Conan.
And there will be the massive group funeral of those who didn't allow them to wash their brains. Of those who will continue to growl and grump against movies that shouldn't be filmed the way they are filmed and who will never lost their hope that some one that really captures the true Conan spirit will rub the REH-s magic lamp the right way, release the masterpiece and capture it on the screen.

Just to add a bit of hope into the topic. Ha!
?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand,
strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming?.. WOO HOO?. What a RIDE!?

- Indian Larry Desmedt -
R.I.P. 1949. - 2004.

#3188 Guest_tank666_*

Guest_tank666_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Come on the actor looks terrible.Is it a holloween costume.I have never ever posted a pictuer on this forum.I just respond to what Im seeing.If somebody is posting garbage then crom help them.

Edited by tank666, 19 June 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#3189 Serg

Serg

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Come on the actor looks terrible.Is it a holloween costume.I have never ever posted a pictuer on this forum.I just respond to what Im seeing.If somebody is posting garbage then crom help them.

Actor and actors are not terrible! How can you judge if you havent seen them in action ? If you can give firm explation of your comment I will shut up forever! promise!

#3190 ambiente

ambiente

Amazed at the view...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

I think I might stop reading this thread...

And it seems Mr. Razlojki has been involved almost exclusively in Syfy Saturday night "original" flicks. (B-movies with production quality at the level of The Asylum.)
:(
A good man has no fear of darkness. Are you a good man, then?

#3191 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:27 AM

any vid or pics?
"I live, I BURN WITH LIFE, I love, I slay, and am content."
"Here's to brother Painbrush, we drink to his Shade..."
"All Art Is Martial"- RZA

"Our basic purist premise:
ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#3192 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hey as long as Conan saves the princess and becomes king of Gondor I'll be happy

#3193 Stampfer

Stampfer

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

Good News: The website of Nu Boyana Film Studio in Sofia, Bulgary is now in a complete renewed and updated version online. Now you can see the well known picture of Jason Momoa as Conan first time in fine and sharp quality!
http://nuboyanafilm.com/news

#3194 Stampfer

Stampfer

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Good News: The website of Nu Boyana Film Studio in Sofia, Bulgary is now in a complete renewed and updated version online. Now you can see the well known picture of Jason Momoa as Conan first time in fine and sharp quality!
http://nuboyanafilm.com/news

Oops! I wrote "Bulgary" in my last comment and feel a little bit sheepish about it. The state's correct name is Bulgaria, of course. Bulgari may be the manufacturer of Conan's necklace.

#3195 Cameliya

Cameliya

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

That pic really is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :lol:

Posted Image

#3196 RONON

RONON

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Well, blue eyes at last.

Hello, this is my first post, although I have been following this forum since the new Conan movie started. Sorry if I misspell anything, I'm from Spain. About the film, well, I have been waiting for it almost 15 years (ever since I discovered Conan's comics) and I am 23, so it's been a while. Maybe some of the pics released don't look very good, but hey, I don't care, I still keep hope and I will until the day I watch it. Then, I will judge, but whatever happens, at last I will have seen Conan on the big screen. And believe me, if they use the Poledouris theme for the intro, at least for a few minutes, I will be the happiest man on Earth.

Edited by RONON, 20 June 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#3197 droc

droc

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

That pic really is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :lol:

Posted Image

Right, I'm going to try to ignore all of the other evidence about how shit this movie will be and stay positive.

That's a great pic, Momoa has done a great job of bulking up and he looks the part. Even the hair seems fine to me, it's a dark brown mane (Black human hair doesn't exist in the natural world), the square cut would no doubt have grown out a few times while our Cimmerian friend was out adventuring.

If we (I) were wrong about Momoa being right for the role, maybe we're wrong about the other things that we've seen. If the rest of the movie captures Conan and REH's world nearly as well as our Hawaiian friend seems to have, this movie will be 10 times better than Milius' efforts, and if it's true that everyone has been reading REH's stories on set, then I don't see why it shouldn't. A movie is defined by its actors and characters after all.

Fingers crossed.

DROC

#3198 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

Right, I'm going to try to ignore all of the other evidence about how shit this movie will be and stay positive.

That's a great pic, Momoa has done a great job of bulking up and he looks the part. Even the hair seems fine to me, it's a dark brown mane (Black human hair doesn't exist in the natural world)

Black hair doesn't exist??? :blink: Posted Image

Posted Image

Honestly it's such an obvious feature that REH mentions many times over, it seems a no-brainer that the character should have black hair - unless you are doing a re-make of CtB of course :(

I think Jason would make a great Thongor of Lemuria, Tarzan or something similar but it still ain't saying Conan to me

Edited by RobP, 21 June 2010 - 11:12 AM.

#3199 droc

droc

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

According to a hairdresser friend of mine, no it doesn't. Even hair widely described as black is just a very dark brown (granted darker than Momoa's), like Gabriel Byrne's in that picture. If hair was actually black, it would appear slightly blue when light hits it. This may be utter nonsense, I'm only relaying what a hair professional told me :D

DROC

#3200 Rufus

Rufus

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

If you check out hair dye in your local chemist the only true black formulas are designed for Afro hair, there?s always a photo of a black guy on the box.
REH did describe Conan?s hair as ?black as a raven?s wing? once, but I can?t help thinking it would look very peculiar and obviously fake on film. And I know he was meant to be unusual and a stand out from the crown type of bloke, but when considering the appeal to the masses there?s stuff they can keep in (blue eyes, a head taller than average and muscular) and stuff that the felt they?d be better off leaving out.