231 replies to this topic

#221 Rockamobile

Rockamobile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

I didn't have a problem with Kevin Sorbo in the Role of Kull. What I had a problem with is they essentially Took Conan Hour of the Dragon and made it in to Kull story.

#222 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

I didn't have a problem with Kevin Sorbo in the Role of Kull.

I did. I had a problem with just about everything about this film.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#223 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,146 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

I didn't have a problem with Kevin Sorbo in the Role of Kull. What I had a problem with is they essentially Took Conan Hour of the Dragon and made it in to Kull story.

Blame that on the de Laurentiis clan. :) THEY are the ones who made the decision to change Pogue's CONAN adaptation of "Dragon" into a Kull tale (over Pogue's objections). Basically, they OKed Milius turning Conan into a bastardized Kull and then "returned the favor" by turning Kull into a bastardized Conan.

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#224 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

isnt it true too, though ( from what i remember) that the producers wanted to capitalize off the success of hercules at the time , which is why it ended up pg 13? I also thought I remembered reading around the time too that Sorbo didnt want to play Conan as it was a characyer already done, so they changed it to Kull ( I take that one with a major grain of salt but who knows?) I havent seent this movie in years, all I remember at this point is the one line that made me laugh out loud , because it was so poorly written and delivered by Sorbo: " when I get my hands on the bitch demon ( or demon bitch?lol) ,I'll rip out her evil (black?) heart!!!"If there had been more laughs(still not sure if that was played for laughs or if sorbo was being serious...) like that,I couldve enjoyed it the way i did conan the destroyer....

#225 Rockamobile

Rockamobile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

isnt it true too, though ( from what i remember) that the producers wanted to capitalize off the success of hercules at the time , which is why it ended up pg 13? I also thought I remembered reading around the time too that Sorbo didnt want to play Conan as it was a characyer already done, so they changed it to Kull ( I take that one with a major grain of salt but who knows?) I havent seent this movie in years, all I remember at this point is the one line that made me laugh out loud , because it was so poorly written and delivered by Sorbo: " when I get my hands on the bitch demon ( or demon bitch?lol) ,I'll rip out her evil (black?) heart!!!"If there had been more laughs(still not sure if that was played for laughs or if sorbo was being serious...) like that,I couldve enjoyed it the way i did conan the destroyer....

Why not Hugh Jackman in the role of Kull ?

Edited by Rockamobile, 01 February 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#226 Anastasia

Anastasia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Is this new Kull movie a sequel or reboot?
http://www.paradox-e...ertainment.html

#227 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

it wasnt intended to be a sequel but a new version. sean hood also did some work on it, but I doubt this is coming to fruition since the failure of the conan movie , for better or worse.

#228 Rockamobile

Rockamobile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

I would like to see Riddley Scott do a Kull Movie

#229 RJMooreII

RJMooreII

Der Einzige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

It was a good pastiche b-fantasy film, though I think Conan the Barbarian was better (casting).
"Never trust a wizard - even in death." - Grognak the Barbarian

#230 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

Ran across this today:

http://frankcampbell...-to-see-in.html

Top Ten Things You Don't Want to See in a Kull Movie. Guess which film has all ten? :lol:

"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

Turlogh shook his head. "Not so long as the race lasts."

--- The Dark Man, by Robert E. Howard

#231 Kev

Kev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ran across this today:

http://frankcampbell...-to-see-in.html

Top Ten Things You Don't Want to See in a Kull Movie. Guess which film has all ten? :lol:

A movie so bad even a scantily clad Tia Carrere couldn't save it.  'nuff said

"Poets always hate those in power. To them perfection is always just behind the last corner, or beyond the next."
The Phoenix on the Sword

#232 Lunatic

Lunatic

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

I rewatched it today, after buying it for a dollar at my local internet store.

I remember that when I saw this 10 years ago I hadn´t read any Kull and Conan so, I thought well...actually Kevin Sorbo is´nt that bad, and it was barely watchable. That axe swings pretty nicely. Lacks the charm of true barbarian b-movies though, while it still got the all the cheese. Not that fun, not that pretty too look at either. The witch is nice but that was a sloppy kiss...

It is not really Kull of course, neither is it Conan. Shame shame...It is however the "Hour of the dragon" to some extent. Very contradicting to everything in the book, and so on but I still thought that was interesting too see how that worked.

Edited by Lunatic, 30 October 2013 - 01:44 AM.