64 replies to this topic

#41 Michael Miko

Michael Miko

Mercenary Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

I love your stuff, dude. I got the chance to look over you stuff on myspace. Perhaps we should collaborate on something sometime.
MikO
Heroic Design
Facebook
Twitter
Email: michael_mikos@yahoo.com

#42 Guest_Wrath of Crom_*

Guest_Wrath of Crom_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Hahaha, you know what? I thought of the same thing ;) Indeed that could be a possibility. We can discuss this more outside the forum.

#43 Guest_Wrath of Crom_*

Guest_Wrath of Crom_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

A new sketch I just made. Dunno if its Conan of my Th?rgrimr comic character :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#44 indestructibleman

indestructibleman

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

very cool. you manage to convey a lot of expression through body language. that's a good skill.

#45 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

I like how he's obviously looking at the axe, examining the notches, reminiscing over good times! ;)

#46 Guest_Wrath of Crom_*

Guest_Wrath of Crom_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

I actually didnt consciously made it that way, but your right, he does look like hes counting the notches hehehe thinking "I need to sharpen that thing..."

Edited by Wrath of Crom, 25 March 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#47 Strom

Strom

Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,502 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

A new sketch I just made. Dunno if its Conan of my Th?rgrimr comic character :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Well done! B)

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#48 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

Geez! I'm flabbergasted! Out of this world, man!
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#49 Guest_Wrath of Crom_*

Guest_Wrath of Crom_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

After making myself a Conan shirt (page 2 of this thread) I decided to paint myself a Kull shirt too.

Posted Image

Edited by Wrath of Crom, 30 March 2010 - 02:43 AM.

#50 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Interesting throne.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#51 Teutates

Teutates

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

After making myself a Conan shirt (page 2 of this thread) I decided to paint myself a Kull shirt too.

Posted Image

Isn't that one a B&W remake of the Kull paperback cover by Ken Kelly ? *
Kelly made some great covers at the time. Far better than the new Manowar designs he's actually producing.

I prefer your original material like the drawing posted just before the tshirt design!
Post more similar sketches!

By the way did you use a transfer or have you rather sent the tshirt to a local printer?
Transfers crumble off after a certain time.

* I think it's the Baen "first complete edition"...I never could put my hands on a copy here ..ARGG

#52 Guest_Wrath of Crom_*

Guest_Wrath of Crom_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yep, thats the artwork from some book cover indeed. I painted it on a shirt myself, thats no transfer. I just use white fabric paint and a brush.

And dont worry about more sketches....theres a few in progress ;)

#53 jak

jak

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Well done! B)

Impressive stuff yet again, Wrath. Keep bringing it.

John A. Karr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#54 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

I actually didnt consciously made it that way, but your right, he does look like hes counting the notches hehehe thinking "I need to sharpen that thing..."

Ha! You could have said that you did that on purpose. Posted Image I wouldn't have known. Posted Image

#55 Guest_Wrath of Crom_*

Guest_Wrath of Crom_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Sorry guys for the extra long delay since my last post. Very buzy with my bands. We've been signed to a European label etc...so work work work. Havent had the time to draw much these last month. ALl my projects are still go though.

Now I shall browse for new stuff and info here......

#56 Primeval

Primeval

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

Glad to see you back, and congratulations on being signed to a label!

Looking forward to seeing more sketches - and I sent you a message about possibly doing a logo for a project of mine.

"Roll on me like a flood, now, if ye dare! Before your viper fangs drink my life I will reap your multitudes like ripened barley - of your severed heads will I build a tower and of your mangled corpses will I rear up a wall!" - Bran Mak Morn in "Worms of the Earth"

#57 SwordOfCrom

SwordOfCrom

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hails guys! Its me again. Well I was named "Wrath of Crom" before but I lost all my infos and couldnt log in anymore. Had to make a new profile. I've been off the forum a good while.....needed to for sometime, but I'm back. I will post some new art again dont worry. Have lots of stuff going on. But just wanted to write a few words.

Hope to hear from you guys again.
Talk to you soon.

SOC.
What lies before me is known only to those who weave the destiny of men. Yet I will fear no darkness for the glitter of steel lights my path yonder shadowy abysses.” -The Woodwoman. by Vjohrrnt Wodansson

#58 Axerules

Axerules

In Memoriam: 2007-2014. Old stones aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Welcome back! :)

Hails guys! Its me again. Well I was named "Wrath of Crom" before but I lost all my infos and couldnt log in anymore. Had to make a new profile. I've been off the forum a good while.....needed to for sometime, but I'm back. I will post some new art again dont worry. Have lots of stuff going on. But just wanted to write a few words.

Hope to hear from you guys again.
Talk to you soon.

SOC.

Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back

Samurai maxim

#59 SwordOfCrom

SwordOfCrom

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hey Axerules...thanks for the welcome.
What lies before me is known only to those who weave the destiny of men. Yet I will fear no darkness for the glitter of steel lights my path yonder shadowy abysses.” -The Woodwoman. by Vjohrrnt Wodansson

#60 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

Nice pics m8, some good impressions of Viking norse mythology. You capture it well.....we want more though?
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century