34 replies to this topic

#21 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

Today is the deadline. Get those votes in!

http://www.rehfounda...g/?page_id=1265

Rob

#22 Strom

Strom

Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,516 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:59 AM

The final results of the 2010 REH Foundation Awards can be viewed on the REH Foundation website:

www.rehfoundation.org/?page_id=1352

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! B)

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#23 Taranaich

Taranaich

Metal Barbarian Dinosaur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

A lot of the winners are REH Forumers: docpod (Morgan Holmes), deuce (Deuce Richardson), BarB (Barbara Barrett), theagenes (Jeffrey Shanks), Sailor Costigan (Chris Gruber), ramroehm (Rob Roehm) godzilladude (Paul Herman) and myself (Al Harron). B)

Robert E. Howard, 1906 - 2006

Sword & Sorcery! Posted Image Posted Image Historical Fiction!
Horror! Posted Image Posted Image Westerns!
Boxing! Posted Image Posted Image Conan!

#24 Rusty Burke

Rusty Burke

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

A lot of the winners are REH Forumers: docpod (Morgan Holmes), deuce (Deuce Richardson), BarB (Barbara Barrett), theagenes (Jeffrey Shanks), Sailor Costigan (Chris Gruber), ramroehm (Rob Roehm) godzilladude (Paul Herman) and myself (Al Harron). B)

Hey, I show up here from time to time, too!

Rusty

#25 BarB

BarB

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hi Rusty,
A big congratulations to you on your REHF Black River award for Special Achievement!

Difficult to see how your name was not included. It would be a lot more understandable if you were a "shorty" like me. But not only are you too tall to overlook, you're the only one of us who uses his real name.

For those REH fans who may not know, Rusty wrote all the "Notes on the Text" for the Del Rey editions, listing the history of each story and all the differences between the Del Rey version, earlier versions and REH's original, if any. I look at the amount of work involved and ?The Wordbook? seems like a piece of cake.

Rusty, not only did you and Patrice work hard to give us REH?s original words whenever possible, you also noted any differences.

Again, congratulations on your win Rusty, and my thanks to both of you. I became a Howard fan after these Del Rey books were published so REH?s original words were available to me from the get-go.

BB

#26 Black Coast Press

Black Coast Press

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

What am I chopped liver? I hang around here too.

#27 Sailor Costigan

Sailor Costigan

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

A big congrats to my favorite Seanchai.
the grub

Rusty

JERUSHA!

#28 Sailor Costigan

Sailor Costigan

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

I dunno, Damon, what does Alma have to say? :unsure:
the grub

What am I chopped liver? I hang around here too.

JERUSHA!

#29 BarB

BarB

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

No, Damon, you are definitely not "chopped liver." Your omission is due to my ignorance of your "Black Coast Press" name. Luckily you listed your location because I went to my REHupa mailing and matched it! (I'm not just another pretty face, you know!)

Your REH: Two Gun Racanteur deserves the REH Aquilonian 2010 award for Outstanding Achievement, Periodical. As a matter of fact, it's a good opportunity to plug your current issue of REH: TGR. Here is the link folks: http://rehtwogunraconteur.com/

Also congratulations to Black Indy for being the 2011 Black Circle nominee and who is also a member of the Forum. I would also like to congratulate Fabrice Tortey on winning the REHF Valusian 2010 award for his book ?Echoes de Cimmerie.?

Congratulations to Mark Finn, a member of the Forum, for being part of the Cimmerian blog that won the REHF Stygian 2009 award for Outstanding Achievement, Website. Also part of that team, was Leo Grin.

I?m not sure he is a member of the Forum, but in any case congratulations to Simon Sanahujas for winning the REHF The Valusian 2009 award for Outstanding Achievement, Anthology.

I believe Steve Trout is a member of this Forum, although I do not know his aka. Steve, was part of The Cimmerian team that won the REHF Stygian 2010 award for Outstanding Achievement, Website.

And, since I feel fairly certain Steve Tompkins is probably looking over my shoulder as I write this, I?d like to add, ?Good job to you too, Steve.?

If you want to see all the REHF award winners and nominees, here are the links for the 2009 REHF awards http://www.rehfounda...g/?page_id=1265
and the ones for 2010 http://www.rehfounda...g/?page_id=1352
BB

#30 Taranaich

Taranaich

Metal Barbarian Dinosaur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:32 AM

Rusty

Crom, some massive oversights on my part! And I'm sure there are more: a lot of Howard folk drop by on the forums.

Rusty, I felt you occupy such a prominent place in Howardom (as evidenced by your win) that it would be redundant to include you. Plus your forum handle is straightforward enough compared to some of our own eclectic choices, so mayhap people would put two and two together without my listing.

Damon's omission, though, I can't defend. My only excuse is that I completely forgot your handle, and again, your place in Howardom is assured enough. Same with Black Indy (argh, there must be tons of folk I haven't put handle-to-name)

... That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :ph34r:

Robert E. Howard, 1906 - 2006

Sword & Sorcery! Posted Image Posted Image Historical Fiction!
Horror! Posted Image Posted Image Westerns!
Boxing! Posted Image Posted Image Conan!

#31 Axerules

Axerules

In Memoriam: 2007-2014. Old stones aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Congratulations to all the winners (and nominees)!
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back

Samurai maxim

#32 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:41 AM

It's that time of year again. Foundation members need to have their ballots in by April.

http://www.rehfounda.../2011-nominees/

Rob

#33 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

A gentle reminder: voting closes in two weeks.

Rob

#34 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

Voting closes today, Sunday, at noon, Central Time.

FYI.

Rob

#35 BarB

BarB

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

(For your convenience, and to make this a pleasant voting experience :rolleyes: , the "piece of cake" list of categories is provided below.)

Sunday, April 15th is the last day to send in your votes for the 2012 REH Foundation Awards. There are a number of time zones (REH has fans around the world) so just be sure that it’s April 15th in your time zone when you email your ballot. Remember that all voting emails must be “signed” with first and last names since only members of the REH Foundation are eligible to vote. (NOTE: all ballots are kept confidential.)

If you are not an REHF member and would like to join, here is the informational link: http://www.rehfounda...org/membership/

BETTER IDEA: Don’t wait until the last minute! Get those votes in right now while you’re thinking about it. Here is the link for the voting rules along with the list of categories and nominees.

http://www.rehfounda.../voting-begins/

In order to make things simple, I’ve made a list of the categories below. All you need to do it copy it to your email and fill in your choice. Piece of cake!

(Detailed category descriptions are listed on the REHF website.)

The Atlantean — Outstanding Achievement, Book

The Valusian — Outstanding Achievement, Anthology

The Hyrkanian — Outstanding Achievement, Essay (Vote for at least three, identifying which should win 1st place, 2nd place, or 3rd place.)

The Aquilonian — Outstanding Achievement, Periodical

The Stygian — Outstanding Achievement, Website

The Cimmerian — Outstanding Achievement, Blog Posts (Vote for at least three, identifying which should win 1st place, 2nd place, or 3rd place.)

The Venarium Award — Emerging Scholar
SHANKS, JEFFREY – [VOTE either APPROVE or DISAPPROVE]

The Black River Award — Special Achievement

The Rankin Award — Artistic Achievement in the depiction of REH’s life and/or work

The Black Circle Award — Lifetime Achievement
McHANEY, DENNIS
SASSER, DAMON

Nominees: The Black Circle Award 2013 — Nominees for next year’s Award

BB