Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,545 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:27 AM

Posted Image

BRAN MAK MORN: The Last King
By Robert E. Howard

Narrated by Robertson Dean

From the author of the many tales of Conan the barbarian comes sword and sorcery action set in ancient Britain and featuring the last king of a doomed race.
More Info

Your prices reflect a discount of 20%
10 Audio CDs (Retail Unikeep Pkg) EAN: 9781400112265
List Price: $34.99 Your price: $27.99

10 Audio CDs (Library Binder Pkg) EAN: 9781400142262
List Price: $69.99 Your price: $55.99

1 Mp3-CD (Retail Slimline Pkg) EAN: 9781400162260
List Price: $24.99 Your price: $19.99

05/17/2010 - 11 hrs 30 min

More Info

From Robert E. Howard's fertile imagination sprang some of fiction's greatest heroes, including Conan the Cimmerian, King Kull, and Solomon Kane. But of all Howard's characters, none embodied his creator's brooding temperament more than Bran Mak Morn, the last king of a doomed race.

In ages past, the Picts ruled all of Europe. But the descendants of those proud conquerors have sunk into barbarism...all save one: Bran Mak Morn, whose bloodline remins unbroken. Threatened by the Celts and the Romans, the Pictish tribes rally under his banner to fight for their very survival, while Bran fights to restore the glory of his race.

This collection gathers together all of Howard's published stories featuring Bran Mak Morn: "Men of the Shadows," "Kings of the Night," "A Song of the Race," "Worms of the Earth," "The Dark Man," and "The Lost Race."

www.tantor.com/BookDetail.asp?Product=1226_BranMak

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#2 Primeval

Primeval

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

Been looking forward to this one - will have to pick it up. The "Worms of the Earth" CD that came with the Wandering Star version of this book is awesome; this will make a nice addition.

"Roll on me like a flood, now, if ye dare! Before your viper fangs drink my life I will reap your multitudes like ripened barley - of your severed heads will I build a tower and of your mangled corpses will I rear up a wall!" - Bran Mak Morn in "Worms of the Earth"

#3 Strom

Strom

Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,545 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

Available today! B)

Posted Image

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#4 RJMooreII

RJMooreII

Der Einzige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

NECROMANCY
I didn't see any reviews of this on the website and I have to say it is fantastic. Robertson Dean delivers the tales like a bard, doing very good voice characterizations and using rhythem and emphasis to make the action scenes tense but understandable. Great stuff.

The story content is good, with a lot of interesting Pictish stuff and background information. The stories are very cool, and Kull fans will be pleased to hear him hewing apart Roman soldiers at the head of a Norse warband.

Edited by RJMooreII, 19 April 2012 - 01:43 PM.

"Never trust a wizard - even in death." - Grognak the Barbarian