61 replies to this topic

#41 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

Is this important? None of the texts from from this ugly little fanzine should be considered definitive.

Not everyone makes their purchases for their collection based on "purity of text". There is historical importance, the artwork, articles of interest.

#42 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,141 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

Over $250! I know someone who must be happy to have grabbed his copy at $150...

Another first edition of "Collected Poetry" (in Fine condition) may be hitting the market soon...

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#43 Patrice Louinet

Patrice Louinet

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

And a Fight Stories....

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3361c10bf2

#44 Black Coast Press

Black Coast Press

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Damon :) This is pretty cool! I'd like to purchase this but don't shop on Ebay. Will this be offered on REH Foundation? Thanks v/r Richard

Pre-orders are being accepted via eBay for The Fantasy Fan, which will be published next month. This hardcover volume features the complete run of all 18 issues, dating from September 1933 to February 1935, and contains original published stories and poems by Weird Tales authors Robert E. Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, H. P. Lovecraft, and others. ?Gods of the North,? a revised version of ?The Frost-Giant?s Daughter? is among Howard?s contributions to The Fantasy Fan, along with a number of poems. The publication was the first weird fiction fanzine and was edited by the then 17 year old Charles Hornig.

The publisher has carefully scanned each page of the 18 issues, cleaned up the areas that were difficult to read, but did not alter the typos or layout, so you feel like you are reading the originals of this 75 year old fanzine.

The print run is 200 numbered copies, with the first 100 copies being a Deluxe Slipcased Edition. As an added bonus, a hand, letter-pressed print of editor Charles Hornig will be included in the first 100 copies. Free Priority Mail shipping is also included.

It is quite expensive to acquire a complete collection of this rare and important fanzine, so this volume is an excellent way to have all the issues at a fairly reasonable price.
http://rehtwogunraconteur.com/

As far as I know, eBay is the only place he is offering them. E-mail me offlist and I'll send you his e-mail address and maybe he will sell you one direct. - Damon

#45 Black Coast Press

Black Coast Press

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

Damon :) This is pretty cool! I'd like to purchase this but don't shop on Ebay. Will this be offered on REH Foundation? Thanks v/r Richard

Pre-orders are being accepted via eBay for The Fantasy Fan, which will be published next month. This hardcover volume features the complete run of all 18 issues, dating from September 1933 to February 1935, and contains original published stories and poems by Weird Tales authors Robert E. Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, H. P. Lovecraft, and others. ?Gods of the North,? a revised version of ?The Frost-Giant?s Daughter? is among Howard?s contributions to The Fantasy Fan, along with a number of poems. The publication was the first weird fiction fanzine and was edited by the then 17 year old Charles Hornig.

The publisher has carefully scanned each page of the 18 issues, cleaned up the areas that were difficult to read, but did not alter the typos or layout, so you feel like you are reading the originals of this 75 year old fanzine.

The print run is 200 numbered copies, with the first 100 copies being a Deluxe Slipcased Edition. As an added bonus, a hand, letter-pressed print of editor Charles Hornig will be included in the first 100 copies. Free Priority Mail shipping is also included.

It is quite expensive to acquire a complete collection of this rare and important fanzine, so this volume is an excellent way to have all the issues at a fairly reasonable price.
http://rehtwogunraconteur.com/

As far as I know, eBay is the only place he is offering them. E-mail me offlist and I'll send you his e-mail address and maybe he will sell you one direct. - Damon

This volume is now available. Rob and I have both blogged about it:

http://rehtwogunraconteur.com/?p=6979

http://www.rehupa.com/?p=2181

#46 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

:) Ones on Ebay!! Eighteen days left if you're lucky!! It was the third Robert E. Howard book I read and is a must have for any fan!! I remember it took me some time and research to land one. Great price and free shipping. I paid $30 + shipping. Good luck!!

Posted Image

One Who Walked Alone: Robert E. Howard the Final Years,
customer product rating 5.01 product review

Item condition: Good

Time left: 18d 01h (Dec 24, 201017:36:59 PST)

Price: US $19.64 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Shipping: FREE shipping Economy Shipping See more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details

Delivery: Need it by December 24? Buy today
Estimated between Thu. Dec. 9 and Wed. Dec. 22
Use Expedited Shipping to get it by Dec. 13
The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#47 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

Looks like a book about Renee Zellwegger. ;)

#48 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Kortoso :)

You're right! Thanks! I copied and pasted the wrong photo. Here's the right one and it shows the quantity as four (4) left. This is a terrific book and wasn't the easiest one to find and one of my favorites as it gives great insight into Robert and Novalyne. Hopefully I've helped someone. Good luck!

Posted Image

One Who Walked Alone by Ellis, Novalyne Price New Book
Author: Ellis, Novalyne Price
Category: Biographies & Memoirs : General
Format: Hardcover
Condition: Brand New
Publisher: Donald M Grant
Published: Sep-86
ISBN: 093798678X
ISBN-13: 9780937986783
Pages: 176

One Who Walked Alone by Ellis, Novalyne Price New Book

Item condition: New

Time left: 18d 17h (Dec 31, 201009:24:57 PST)

Quantity:
4 availablePlease enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a quantity of 1

Price: GBP 18.34
Approximately US $28.96 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

The books are in the UK :blink:
The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#49 RichardS

RichardS

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for letting me know.

It should be winging its way to me in the next day or so!
:D

#50 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35b6244585

Pulp fanzine FANTASY MAGAZINE Sept 1936 Robert E. Howard OBIT & photo insert!

FANTASY MAGAZINE (September 1936) 5 3/4 x 8 3/4, 60 pages (I've seen copies trimmed smaller but this is not trimmed down). Very Good/Fine condition (nice shape but covers scuffed as shown in scan). Pages tanned but not browning or brittle. Edited and published by Julius Schwartz. I bought this in the late 1990s for $90.00.
Issue includes the rarely found one page original photo insert page (shown below) showing Paul Ernst, Robert E. Howard, Jack Wiliamson, John Russell Fearn, Donald Wandrei, Lester Dent & Mort Weisinger which is in very nice shape and is often missing from these issues.
Contents:
Cover by Clay Ferguson, jr.
"A Message to Our Readers"
"The Great Illusion" (round robin story) by Eando Binder, Jack Williamson, Edmond Hamilton, Raymond Z. Gallun, and John Russell Fearn
"An Authobiographical Sketch of Eando Binder"
"I Wrote 'Things to Come' for Your Enjoyment" by H. G. Wells
"Funtasy" (column) by Robert Bloch
"On the Other Side of the Pond" by Walter H. Gillings
"Editors Are Killing Science Fiction!" by Festus Pragnell
"Graph" (short story) by Stanley G. Weinbaum
"Scientifilm Contest"
"Spilling the Atoms" with Rap
"In Memoriam: Robert E. Howard" by H. P. Lovecraft, Otis Adelbert Kline, E. Hoffmann Price, and Jack Byrne (editor of ARGOSY) 4 pages long, with 3 of those pages written by H.P. Lovecraft.
"The Fantastic in Fiction" (article) by George Allen England
"Arthur B. Reeve, Dead" (obituary)
"The Science Fiction Eye" by Julius Schwartz
"Our Cover Illustration" by Clay Ferguson, Jr.
"Scientificinematorially Speaking" by Forrest J. Ackerman (review of the first two chapters of the Buster Crabbe FLASH GORDON serial).
"Fantasy Fiction Reviews" (includes a review of H.G. Wells THE MAN WHO COULD WORK MIRACLES).
Howard OBIT & photo insert!
Posted Image

Edited by Richard, 27 November 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#51 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Item number:

Very cool ...its like the 3rd high ticket item Ive seen in the last few weeks.

Edited by Skullface, 07 March 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#52 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

It's in Collected Letters Vol.3, page 368.

NICE to see the original.

Tex
(if I had THAT kind on cash to blow, I'd donate it to Project Pride)

#53 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Tex :rolleyes:

Me too. I copied and pasted the dudes words from ebay in there. I should have put quotes or something. The most I've paid for REH stuff are the wonderful REH Foundation Books that are worth every penny and monies support the Foundation and Project Pride.

#54 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Robert E. Howard, Ghost Ocean, 1st DJ Ltd ed. #20 of 50 illustr. horror poetry.

Starting bid $499.99

Posted Image

Rare, only 50 copies printed in hardback, this is #20. The Ghost Ocean: Poems of Horror and the Supernatural by Robert E. Howard. Very nice condition, the only flaw I see is some sun fading on both front and back of dust jacket where there is minor yellowing shadow. 9x8 inches, 46 pages. There is an oval stamp inside back flyleaf from the bindery where it was made. I will ship insured.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

Here is a unique opportunity to own a complete set of the original appearances of Howard's legendary character, CONAN. All stories & novels in 26 issues of Weird Tales pulp magazine published between December 1932 and October 1936. Superior condition, mostly FINE, with a few near FINE or very good. Detailed listing available upon request.

Only $7,500

Posted Image

#56 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

<p>$27.50 Brand New - More than 10 available - 5 sold

A Means to Freedom: The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard - NEW -

Now 50% off retail price!

Posted Image
Detailed item info
Product Identifiers ISBN-10 0984480293 ISBN-13 9780984480296
Key Details Publication Date 2011-03-14 Language English Publisher Hippocampus Pr
Publisher's Note H. P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard are two of the titans of weird fiction of their era. Dominating the pages of Weird Tales in the 1920s and 1930s, they have gained worldwide followings for their compelling writings and also for the very different lives they led. The two writers came in touch in 1930, when Howard wrote to Lovecraft via Weird Tales. A rich and vibrant correspondence immediately ensued. Both writers were fascinated with the past, especially the history of Roman and Celtic Britain, and their letters are full of intriguing discussions of contemporary theories on this subject.Gradually, a new discussion came to the fore-a complex dispute over the respective virtues of barbarism and civilisation, the frontier and settled life, and the physical and the mental. Lovecraft, a scion of centuries-old New England, and Howard, a product of recently settled Texas, were diametrically opposed on these and other issues, and each writes compellingly of his beliefs, attitudes, and theories. The result is a dramatic debate-livened by wit, learning, and personal revelation-that is as enthralling as the fiction they were writing at the time. All existing letters on both sides of the correspondence have been collected here, exhaustively annotated by the editors.

Mint unread set, still in publisher's shrink-wrap Limited trade paper edition: retail price $55.00 for two-volume set
1000 copy paperback print run
Sewn signatures and french flaps, not print on demand
ISBN: 978-0-9844802-9-6

Edited by Richard, 18 July 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#57 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

ONE WHO WALKED ALONE ROBERT E. HOWARD: THE FINAL YEARS Ellis HC ed fine
Item condition: Brand New

Original priceUS $50.00Discounted priceUS $35.00
Sale ends in 1 day
Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now
Add to cartAdd to cartAdd to cart

Add to a new list
Please enter a valid name
(Separate multiple list names with a comma.)

Cancel Start of LayerEnd of Layer
Posted Image

Item specifics
Condition:
Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition Title: One Who Walked Alone: Robert E. Howard the Final Years Publisher: Donald m Grant Pub Inc Subject: FICTION, BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Publication Year: 1986 Topic: General Language: English Author: Novalyne Price Ellis ISBN-10: 093798678X Format: Hardcover ISBN-13: 9780937986783

Edited by Richard, 18 July 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#58 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Is this for real? Or a picture of a REH autograph? For only $50 it's got to be a reprint.

Only 33 to 40 of each of these REHUPA publications were produced. Of that number probably less than half survived and even fewer in nice condition. These are some of the rarest of the Robert E. Howard items. We are offering 182 of the 226 issues produced. The largest holding ever offered. Some of these issues are the only copies I have ever seen offered for sale in the last 40 years. This is a once in a lifetime chance to fill in the missing issues from your collections or to acquire the largest collection of these currently available.
You are bidding on a ROBERT E. HOWARD UNITED PRESS ASSOCIATION (REHUPA) magazine #217.
Posted Image

#59 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

$60 The Last Celt
Posted Image

For your library: The Last Celt: A Bio-Bibliography of Robert Ervin Howard, edited and compiled by Glenn Lord. This is a first printing of the hardcover 1st edition published in 1976 by Donald M. Grant; 416 pages; many b&w illustration and reproductions; the dust jacket art is by Marcus Boas. The foot of the spine has been dented; otherwise, this is a clean and fresh, near fine copy in an unclipped, very good/near fine dust jacket whose spine panel has faded. This book will be packed carefully and shipped via US Media Mail. Thanks for looking.

#60 THE KID

THE KID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

$79 - Wow! I paid $20 and had two. Donated one to REH Days.

Posted Image
This very cool calendar style features images by Gary Gianni, Mark Schultz, Mike Mignola, and more. The flip side has really cool information and vintage images.

I'm selling these on behalf of Capital City Comics in Madison, Wisconsin which is a reputable dealer of collectible comics since the late 70s. Bruce has a reputation for carrying quality product and knowing his trade and as you can see by the approval rating that I have, I do right by my customers so bid with confidence!