1 reply to this topic

#1 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

for my fellow forum members and others who are into martial arts i thought you guys might enjoy checking out the segment shot at the temple where i am a disciple, stan lee's superhumans came in to put our abbot's one inch punch to the test.

they actually did three strikes, finishing with the one inch strike.

this one was a little better than the fight science episode, which was practically a joke as far as any kind of scientific exercise was about.

anyway the ep is up online!

http://www.history.c...ns-killer-punch
"I live, I BURN WITH LIFE, I love, I slay, and am content."
"Here's to brother Painbrush, we drink to his Shade..."
"All Art Is Martial"- RZA

"Our basic purist premise:
ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#2 Roquefort Raider

Roquefort Raider

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

That was interesting, monk! Nice temple, too.

I don't much care for this kind of show when they try to put a scientific veneer on ancient philosophies, but I was sure impressed by your abbot's technique and strength. His classes must be very interesting indeed.

How does it feel to spar with him, I wonder?

Cheers,

- Ben