11 replies to this topic

#1 Crom

Crom

Honored Cimmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

After many starts and stops, back and forth discussions, death knells and forlorn hopes, Fan Fiction has finally been approved for these forums.

Over the next few days a new forum will be added to the General Discussions family. This forum will be used for all fan material, including fiction, artwork, screenplays and poetry.

This means the existing poetry thread and the many amateur art threads will be relocated to this new home.

At present I am finalizing the rules for posting, but I wanted to give everyone a head's up.

Now let's see some of those creative juices....

Crom

#2 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Stygian powers

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

WOW !
That is great news. :)

Bruce, my thanks to your good self, and to everyone else involved in helping to get this huge positive step forward.

When things are all set up, I hope we can get Members to re-post most of the stuff that was originally posted at Mongoose, and new tales too ?

By the bulging eyes of Set !
Hyborian adventures... here we come, again... :)

HYBORIAN Limericks + Rhymes
Lots of FUN and serious new RHYMING Hyborian/Fantasy poetry.

"So I took to a life of adventure and daring
leaving most warriors drooling and staring.
After I danced with my exotic flesh baring
I would vanish into the new Sunrise glaring."

#3 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what my sword brothers can produce. This should be really fun. :D B)
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#4 Crom

Crom

Honored Cimmerian

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:28 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing what my sword brothers can produce. This should be really fun. :D B)

I'm curious to see how many will 'walk the walk', after all the talk. :)

#5 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

Will writers retain the rights to their own products?

If there is no problem, I will start off with my satires and parodies (starting with "Towel of the Elephant"), then progress to our serious screenplays. Is there a limitation to size of post? Do I need to split up the longer scripts?

Edited by Ironhand, 09 September 2010 - 06:29 AM.

"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#6 PaulMc

PaulMc

Sword of Crom

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

If there is no problem, I will start off with my satires and parodies (starting with "Towel of the Elephant"), then progress to our serious screenplays. Is there a limitation to size of post? Do I need to split up the longer scripts?

There will be a full post on rules and legalese coming from Crom.

-- Paul McNamee

My Blog

#7 Crom

Crom

Honored Cimmerian

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

Yes, the rights remain with you. CPI/PEI wants to absolve itself of any legal troubles if an author feels that any project initiated by CPI/PEI is based on their work, or one of their ideas. For more information, read the Terms of Use: Contributor Submissions found at the bottom of the main Conan.com splash page.

Like Paul said, I'll be posting specific rules when the new forum goes live.

#8 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

Stygian powers

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:34 AM

Please UPDATE these Official sections, and links...

> Frequently Asked Questions Thread:
Robert E. Howard Forum Questions
- Can I post fan fiction on the REH Forums?

> Forum Rules & Guidelines:
19. Fan Fiction - Posting fan fiction is prohibited. Please read the official posting.

--
Come on guys? We want to encourage fanfic now. :)

#9 Strom

Strom

Fearing No Evil

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Please UPDATE these Official sections, and links...

> Frequently Asked Questions Thread:
Robert E. Howard Forum Questions
- Can I post fan fiction on the REH Forums?

> Forum Rules & Guidelines:
19. Fan Fiction - Posting fan fiction is prohibited. Please read the official posting.

--
Come on guys? We want to encourage fanfic now. :)

I'll get on it as soon as I can. Thanks!

Join and Support The Robert E. Howard Foundation!  Membership has Benefits! 

#10 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

very cool!!!!
"I live, I BURN WITH LIFE, I love, I slay, and am content."
"Here's to brother Painbrush, we drink to his Shade..."
"All Art Is Martial"- RZA

"Our basic purist premise:
ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#11 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

Woot woot,time to start writing then :)

The aveage civilized man is never fully alive;he is burdened with masses of atrophied tisse and useless matter.Life flickers feebily in him;his senses sre dull and torpid...In devloping his intellect he has sacrificed far more then he realizes."

#12 Hyborian Frog

Hyborian Frog

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

Awesome job guys! You have been asking for this for the entire time I have been a member!

B)