Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

~~~ NIGHT OF THE BARBARIAN ! ~~~
[ Hyborian horror in Stygia ]

The big strong Kush-ite doorman, and champion wrestler, was flexing his rippling ebony muscles because he was bored tonight. So far there had been no trouble-makers to beat up and throw out, but the last customer he'd let in seemed very 'promising'?

The big hulking Cimmerian barbarian seemed a bit drunk already, but he had produced the correct password and gold fee, so he was allowed in.
Clad in a long cloak and hood of finest scarlet silk he staggered slowly and carefully all round the big room. Flashing his blue eyes and smiling lustilly at all the pretty 'ladies' 'till he found the drinks counter.

[ This was one of the most popular illegal drinking Houses in the strict Stygian city of Khemi.
The huge stone city was ruled over by the powerful Priests of the ancient cults, temples and looming great Pyramids, which towered far above every other Temple tower.
In here only the very wealthy could satisfy their expensive cravings for intoxicating strong drinks, drugs, and exotic erotic beautiful 'dancing girls'.
But it was quiet tonight, because few dare venture abroad on the Stygian 'Night of Demons'! ]

The big bald Barman wearing a fat gold earring in his only ear quickly looked the scarred Cimmerian up and down with the eyes of long experience. Then he said jovially...
"So, O war-dog of 1000 battles, what is your norse name, then? "

A powerful grim icy-blue gaze seemed to bore deep into the barman's quivering soul for a few tense seconds...and then the tough visage of the warrior cracked surprisingly into a twisted smile as he gruffly grunted...
"Well, O tupper of 1000 sheep, I am Conan of Cimmeria. You WILL remember me. "

As he poured the tall raven-maned barbarian a big jug of fine wine the barman nervously joked...
"So you are not scared of our Stygian demons tonight then, eh? "

"BAH ! I must have slain most of 'em by now? "
boomed the huge grim outlander in such a loud, deep, confident laugh that made the barman cringe and cower away.

The other few customers were really having some drunken fun! A well known Senator and a cocky young Prince and a tall dark Wizard were revelling in the buxom charms and naked limbs of five painted dancers.

The Cimmerian watched intently as the wizard concentrated and then levitated the prettiest dark haired girl. All in the big room stared and clapped and cheered as she rose slowly up to the domed high ceiling.

Only the doorman noticed the great panther-like barbarian suddenly spring into stunning action.
He only saw a big swirling red blur...as it zoomed fast around the room among the people!
Twas but a few amazing seconds, and then the blur stopped below the girl and caught her safely in big arms as she fell from the ceiling!

She did not wake, but the other 4 semi-naked girls rose screaming from the couches! They were all splashed with fresh blood and they fled in terror from the maniac in scarlet with the glowing blue eyes.

The strutting barbarian then tossed something into the shaking arms of the staring, stunned doorman...he looked upon it and froze, half paralyzed with fear!

Sprawled upon the fancy couches were the senator and prince, both gurgling last gasps of blood through their wide-slit throats! And the body of the wizard was convulsing strangely like a dying serpent with a crimson fountain spurting out of his severed neck!

The big Cimmerian slayer calmly guzzled down the rest of his wine jug with a satisfied big burp.
Then he collected the dripping item from the doormans shaking grasp...
twas the head of the wizard!
Its eyes were still looking about and a small forked tongue was still moving in the wide open mouth!

Striding out into the bright full moon the red-cloaked barbarian carried the sleeping girl over his shoulder and the grisly wizard-head under his other arm.

Later, down a dark alley, the barbarian stopped, then twitched and dropped both head and girl.
Suddenly, his big muscular body shuddered and 2 Demon claws tore out of his chest and ripped him open from chin to groin !
Then a short, dark man-demon shape stepped out dripping with gore and cackling with inhuman laughter!

Then the little demon slowly shape-changed into a tall, bald, Stygian master-Sorcerer!
Oh how Thoth Amon loved to have his evil fun on 'The Night of Demons' !

[ He had enjoyed slaying 3 of his rivals in one clever swoop. And by using his special 'barbarian flesh-golem body' he can put the blame on that famous pesky Cimmerian mercenary leader ! Ha ! ]

His two hooded, robed, and hissing servants quickly put the head and girl and golem carcass into his big elaborate 4-wheeled Chariot. Then the huge ebon Camel with red eyes pulled it thundering down the narrow street...and up high into the night, and across the smiling skull-face of the shimmering moon...
~~~~~

[ short story by Buxom-Princess/Sorceress c.2003. revised/improved version c.2010. ]

This was my first tale of twisted hyborian horror and fun.
Hope you liked my big bloody surprise twist at the end.

Kisses to you all from a levitated dancer...*** :)
--
> NB. I am NOT seeking any picky advice about my writing, grammar, or spelling. [ but if you are bursting to advise or crit, then send me a PM. ]

If you have enjoyed this tale then please post in here and let me know?:)
[ the more positive feedback I get, then the more I am encouraged to write more tales for you ]

Edited by Buxom Sorceress, 29 October 2010 - 07:38 AM.

HYBORIAN Limericks + Rhymes
Lots of FUN and serious new RHYMING Hyborian/Fantasy poetry.

"So I took to a life of adventure and daring
leaving most warriors drooling and staring.
After I danced with my exotic flesh baring
I would vanish into the new Sunrise glaring."

#2 Taranaich

Taranaich

Metal Barbarian Dinosaur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

Almost Creepy-esque twist at the end, there.

A fun little yarn, I enjoyed it! B)

Robert E. Howard, 1906 - 2006

Sword & Sorcery! Posted Image Posted Image Historical Fiction!
Horror! Posted Image Posted Image Westerns!
Boxing! Posted Image Posted Image Conan!

#3 Lord of the Animals

Lord of the Animals

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

I thought the story was pretty good.
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

#4 cromsblood

cromsblood

Blood of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:55 AM

Ha ha, very nice...more please! For a moment there, I thought that you went and killed off Conan.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words a while back Buxom, too kind!

#5 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

Cleverly twisted ending. Could it be that Conan's reputation is exaggerated because of such tricks?

Edited by Ironhand, 13 September 2010 - 06:33 AM.

"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#6 Guest_tank666_*

Guest_tank666_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Not bad,I think the ghost of Lin Carter runs thru your viens.

#7 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:34 AM

Ha ha, very nice...more please! For a moment there, I thought that you went and killed off Conan.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words a while back Buxom, too kind!

Hey, thankyou very much for your enthusiasm. :)
Feedback like yours is what every writer needs.
----
Your Conan Blog is great.
[ you should put a Link to it in your Signature area ]

#8 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:36 AM

TO ALL Posters in here...

My sincere thanks to you ALL, for your nice, positive comments/replies feedback.:)

Glad I have entertained you all with my twisted quill.

Positive Feedback is so important and inspiring for an amateur writer like me.
Every little nice reply makes my heart beat faster, and encourages me to try to find time to write more Hyborian tales in future.
--

If you have enjoyed my tale then please let me know?
[ it only takes 2 minutes to reply. It took me hours and hours to write it and polish it for you great REH fans. ]

Edited by Buxom Sorceress, 29 October 2010 - 07:41 AM.

#9 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

I loved it and I now have a new fave Holiday:)

The aveage civilized man is never fully alive;he is burdened with masses of atrophied tisse and useless matter.Life flickers feebily in him;his senses sre dull and torpid...In devloping his intellect he has sacrificed far more then he realizes."

#10 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Thankyou so much. :)

You have made my big bosom heave... and my smile is shining like a coastal Lighthouse.

[ see you after midnight deep down in my witchy green caverns for the greatest fancy-dress party in pagan Yorkshire...;) ]

#11 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thankyou so much. :)

You have made my big bosom heave... and my smile is shining like a coastal Lighthouse.

[ see you after midnight deep down in my witchy green caverns for the greatest fancy-dress party in pagan Yorkshire...;) ]

You are very much welcome:)

The aveage civilized man is never fully alive;he is burdened with masses of atrophied tisse and useless matter.Life flickers feebily in him;his senses sre dull and torpid...In devloping his intellect he has sacrificed far more then he realizes."

#12 SLAYERx78

SLAYERx78

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

very good yarn!! the twist ending caught me totally by surprise. id love to read more!
"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars--Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingaria with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom in the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a SLAYER, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."

....."let me live deep while I live , know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate , the hot embrace of white arms , the mad exultation of battle when the blue-blades flame and crimson - and I am content. Let teachers priests and philosphers brood on questions of reality and illusion . I know this much ; if life is an illusion , then I am no less an illusion , and being so that illusion is real to ME .I live , I burn with life , I love , I SLAY , and I am content . "

#13 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

very good yarn!! the twist ending caught me totally by surprise. id love to read more!

Thanks very much.:)

You have made my smile wider than the river Styx... and my heart is pounding like a drum against my big breast-plates.

#14 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

:lol:

Thanks very much.:)

You have made my smile wider than the river Styx... and my heart is pounding like a drum against my big breast-plates.

Well now that explians the rythmic drumming I hear evertime I'm on these forums. Heh heh :lol:

#15 Lunatic

Lunatic

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

I liked that, nice and gorey..:)

#16 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

I liked that, nice and gorey.. :)

Hey thanks very much. :)

Glad to hear that my twisted little tale is still entertaining new fans.
--
I stand proud and naked atop my ebon tower.
Fierce lightning hits my tall-spiked, silvery, Wolfshead Crown, and my long raven hair blasts out in all directions... like my head was exploding.
My eyes shine lava-red and steam rises from my shaking breasts as I magically convert the power into blue sparking electric kisses which fly out of my pursed full lips...

Best wishes and flying kisses from the most electrifying Sorceress :)

#17 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

It's not chilly up there, is it? ;)

#18 Buxom Sorceress

Buxom Sorceress

feel the Power

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

If you make a comment about my story... you might warm me up to your desired optimum temperature ? :D

#19 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

If you make a comment about my story... you might warm me up to your desired optimum temperature ? :D

You are cold as the snows. I will warm you with the fire in my own blood--
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject