#2 Amra_the_Lion

Amra_the_Lion

Free Companion Mercenary Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

How did REH describe Conan ?

Volcanic blue eyes staring from under a mane of black hair square cut. Thick heavy arms, large hairy chest, corded muscles like steel cables. Dark scarred face, a giant of a man. Quick to anger and quick to laugh. A passion for strong drink, a gusto for food, and a lover of women. The strongest man most have ever seen. His armor and weapons vary from story to story and sometimes there are multiple within the stories. His most common weapons are a broadsword and poniard. He is usually wearing some form of mail (ring or chain) on his arms and legs with a scale-mail hauberk. He usually has a helmet in three stories it is mentioned it is adorned with bulls horns. He wears no jewelry (necklaces, earrings, or rings) as king he has a slender golden crown and a silver scepter. If he is not wearing armor (plate-mail, ring-mail, scale-mail, chain-mail) he is usually wearing a tunic and loin-cloth as a youth or a silk shirt, and silk or leather breeches. He is intelligent and can speak multiple languages, read and write, and even has cartographic abilities. He can read archaic and ancient languages as well. No man can stand before him in battle.

All descriptions can be found here:

The Chronicles of Conan the Cimmerian

Edited by Amra_the_Lion, 19 January 2011 - 10:26 PM.

If life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. Queen of the Black Coast 1934 Robert E. Howard

Amra's The Chronicles of Conan The Cimmerian: Determining the chronological order of Howard's Conan Tales

#3 Lord Greystoke

Lord Greystoke

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

many thanks for that Amra

#4 Amra_the_Lion

Amra_the_Lion

Free Companion Mercenary Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

many thanks for that Amra

You're welcome

If life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. Queen of the Black Coast 1934 Robert E. Howard

Amra's The Chronicles of Conan The Cimmerian: Determining the chronological order of Howard's Conan Tales

#5 Munthasem

Munthasem

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

You really did a fine job Amra. A pleasure to read.
?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand,
strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming?.. WOO HOO?. What a RIDE!?

- Indian Larry Desmedt -
R.I.P. 1949. - 2004.