52 replies to this topic

#21 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

So they've hit the UK and Sweden as well as various points around the US (including Calfornia!) and I'm still empty handed.... <_<

Man, that box better be waitin' for me when I get home from work today! :angry:

I know the wait will be well worth it but...rrrrrrr!

Edited by Kaziglu Bey, 23 February 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#22 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

Kaziglu Bey,Did you get your books yet?
No luck today for me,but I ordered kind of late,so I might be on the bottom of the list??
I will be faster next time...

#23 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Kaziglu Bey,Did you get your books yet?
No luck today for me,but I ordered kind of late,so I might be on the bottom of the list??
I will be faster next time...

Nope. :(

I'm thinking maybe they were sent out in numbered order. So those with the lower numbers would get their copies earlier than those with higher numbers. :unsure:

I think I'm gonna try to get in touch with Rob and ask if I should be worried that they haven't arrived yet.

#24 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

I think I'm gonna try to get in touch with Rob and ask if I should be worried that they haven't arrived yet.

I wouldn't worry yet. There's a bit of a learning curve going on here, as our new shippers learn the ropes. And, as you suspected, I'm pretty sure they are sending them out by volume number. We're also more concerned with items arriving in good condition than speed.

Rob

#25 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

I wouldn't worry yet. There's a bit of a learning curve going on here, as our new shippers learn the ropes. And, as you suspected, I'm pretty sure they are sending them out by volume number. We're also more concerned with items arriving in good condition than speed.

Rob

Thats cool.I can wait,like you say condition is the most important thing,I was a little worried my mail man started collecting REH :P

#26 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

Rob

Rob, thanks for the update. Wasn't aware you had new shippers. I will continue to wait patiently.... :ph34r:

#27 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Rob

New Shippers? First time I ever got a REH Foundation book damaged :( . There's about 1/4" crease and indentation on the top back curve sleeve and book of Tales of Weird Menace. Packaged with bubble wrapped very tightly and flush to the small box it came in. USPS tossed it around good - piss-poor handling. A small corner of the box was crushed. I figured there was some damaged when I fist looked at the outer box as my heart sank. I should have spent a few extra dollars and had it Fedexed or sent UPS. Both books packaged good and were in separate boxes but both boxes tape together. If I could get another book any number in Mint Condition I'd be happy but if not I can live with it or that small pocket A Word From The Outer Dark Poem book by Paul Herman. If not no problem.

Without going on a side bar I returned today via USPS I believe the same box Tales of Weird Menace came in back to the REH Foundation with some donated items for REH Days in June to help raise money for Project Pride who take wonderful care of Bob's home in Cross Plains. I'm hoping the three donated items will bring in at least $100.

Other book Steve Harrison's Casebook arrived in pristine condition - Mint! Thank you.

Edited by Richard, 24 February 2011 - 12:48 AM.

The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#28 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

When will Tales of Weird Menace get a reprint? I know some people still have not even received their copy of the first print yet it is so soon, but I missed the boat and would like to get a copy eventually.

#29 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

When will Tales of Weird Menace get a reprint? I know some people still have not even received their copy of the first print yet it is so soon, but I missed the boat and would like to get a copy eventually.

Both books are at the printer's now. They will probably start shipping toward the end of March or early April.

Rob

#30 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Updating, the first printing copies have now all been sent out, with just a couple exceptions regarding proper payment. The second printing should start shipping around March 10.

#31 Ningauble

Ningauble

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

And the inevitable question (sorry, guys! I'm just terribly curious :rolleyes: ) is: What's next from the Foundation (the boxing stories, perhaps?) and when may it appear?

#32 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

My books came today,just now!!
They are very nice,same # on both books.
It seems like the dust jakets are just a little to big....
I just want to thank everyone for all their hard work,you folks are doing a great job :)
It means the world to me,that these books are there to be bought.
One of the reasons I stopped collecting REH 23 years ago was it was so hard to find stuff that I had not read 5-10 times.
Now that I am back....it has been so much fun to have "new" REH stuff,without spending 6 months looking for some old paperback,hoping that when you find it that it will have a story that you have not read before.
I dont miss that....not when half the time it would be a Decamp rewrite <_<
I have read many of these stories before but its nice to have the S.H. one all together.
And the tales of menace seems to have some stuff that I have not read too.
Thanks again!!!

#33 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Updating, the first printing copies have now all been sent out, with just a couple exceptions regarding proper payment. The second printing should start shipping around March 10.

Allow me to swoop in like a vulture. Please let me know if proper payment is not forthcoming. I'd be glad to take a first print off your hands. :)

#34 ghost of '82

ghost of '82

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

Well, good to hear that the books are being sent out in order #, thats fair enough and as the printing was already half sold-out when I put my order in, I can relax confident that my book's non-appearance is more to do with waiting my turn rather than some problem with the post. Perhaps mine will arrive next week or week after.

I've recently purchased Victor Hugo's Les Miserables and I'm holding off from starting it (its an imposing-looking read, akin to the complete LOTR in size) until I've had chance to re-read Skull Face and maybe some of the REH stories new to me. Regards Les Mis I'm looking forwarding to tackling a big book, seems all I read is short stories these days (REH, HPL and CAS). Pity REH never lived long enough to mature into novel-length tales. I'm sure he would have moved away from the pulps into 'proper' novels had he lived long enough- of course, nothing as huge as Les Mis but something substantial.
Tempus Fugit!

#35 drush9999

drush9999

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Ghost of '82, I'm in the West Midlands and haven't received mine neither and I ordered pretty early. I wouldn't worry too much I had one order take 5 weeks.
"But the law!" screamed Tu.
"I am the law!" roared Kull, swinging up his axe; it flashed downward and the stone tablet flew into a hundred pieces. The people clenched their hands in horror, waiting dumbly for the sky to fall.

#36 ghost of '82

ghost of '82

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Cheers mate. Hopefully we won't have too long to wait. What makes me nervous everytime is what happended to my REH Collected Poetry book- actually got sent to the wrong address and I only got the book because the kind bloke drove across town to deliver it himself when he realised it wasn't for him, after detective work tracking the proper address down! He put the post to shame!
Tempus Fugit!

#37 johnnypt

johnnypt

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Just got mine. Looking terrific as usual, can't wait to get into the stuff I haven't read before.

#38 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

My copies were waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. They were well worth the wait!

They really are beautifully put together. Rob, Jim & Ruth (man, I love those covers!) and everyone else who had a hand in their production and delivery are to be congratulated on producing such wonderful volumes. Thanks, guys!

I'd also like to thank Rob personally for taking the time to respond here and elsewhere to all of our questions and concerns (mine, in particular, of course) about how and when the books were shipping. Thanks for putting our minds at ease.

I already rearranged the bookshelf this morning before dashing off to work to give them pride of place alongside my WS and SubPress volumes. B)

I think I'll be starting the Casebook when I get home tonight.... :)

Edited by Kaziglu Bey, 26 February 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#39 RichardS

RichardS

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

I live in the East Midlands in England and my copies have just arrived. They look great!!

Many thanks to all those responsible for them, it's much appreciated.

Richard

#40 drush9999

drush9999

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

Got mine today as well, haven't checked them out yet though :)

Edit: Got the number I requested and arrived in mint condition. Love the covers, the best yet by a long margin.

Edited by drush9999, 02 March 2011 - 03:42 PM.

"But the law!" screamed Tu.
"I am the law!" roared Kull, swinging up his axe; it flashed downward and the stone tablet flew into a hundred pieces. The people clenched their hands in horror, waiting dumbly for the sky to fall.