52 replies to this topic

#41 ghost of '82

ghost of '82

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Yep, got mine yesterday as well. Gorgeous books, really special. I think Tales Of Weird Menace must be one of the loveliest books ever, a truly remarkable combination of art and typography. I'd love to see more pulpish covers in that same vein on future Foundation Press books. Those garish colours really have that 1920s/1930s vibe that Weird Tales etc must have had. A cover like this one, well, I think it handsomely repesents some of the 'zing' of REHs colourful prose. Pity The Cimmerian blog isn't still going, I'd love to read their comments on these wonderful releases.

All that remains now is to pick the right time to chill-out, shut-out the world and read those REH stories, many of them for the first time, no less. Ah, truly something special, these two books! Bravo to everyone involved!
Tempus Fugit!

#42 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

2nd printing of each has arrived, and pending orders are all shipped. That included our first shipment to Russia!
Rockin'.

#43 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

2nd printing of each has arrived, and pending orders are all shipped. That included our first shipment to Russia!
Rockin'.

B)

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#44 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

Yikes! I hadn't even pre-ordered. I better get over there and order one.

#45 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

I sent money via paypal. Hopefully I did it right.

#46 Axerules

Axerules

In Memoriam: 2007-2014. Old stones aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

A review of "The Noseless Horror": http://adventuresfan...ess-horror.html
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back

Samurai maxim

#47 ghost of '82

ghost of '82

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Just completed Tales Of Weird Menace by the way - I'll be honest, I like to let these books 'last' by taking them in slowly, savouring them- and I have to say its a fantastic collection. They may be considered some of Bob's lesser tales but I kind of enjoy the pulpish adventures set in those pine woods, fantastic escapism from our modern world. Loved 'em.
Tempus Fugit!

#48 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

Only 20 copies left of the second printing of Tales of Weird Menace.

#49 godzilladude

godzilladude

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

Only 19 copies left of the second printing of Steve Harrison's Casebook.

#50 elegos7

elegos7

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

I recently read that the Steve Harrison fragment The Mystery of Tannernoe Lodge mentions the Orontes ruby, that in ancient times adorned the scepter of the Stygian wizard Rammon (also mentioned in The Phoenix on the Sword).
Is this reference to Rammon really included in the text? Or was it inserted by Fred Blosser who completed this tale?

I would highly appreciate if anyone possessing Steve Harrison's Casebook could check this out.

Edited by elegos7, 27 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#51 Rob Roehm

Rob Roehm

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

I recently read that the Steve Harrison fragment The Mystery of Tannernoe Lodge mentions the Orontes ruby, that in ancient times adorned the scepter of the Stygian wizard Rammon (also mentioned in The Phoenix on the Sword).
Is this reference to Rammon really included in the text? Or was it inserted by Fred Blosser who completed this tale?

I would highly appreciate if anyone possessing Steve Harrison's Casebook could check this out.

The words "Rammon" and "Orontes" do not appear anywhere in Steve Harrison's Casebook.

Rob

#52 elegos7

elegos7

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

The words "Rammon" and "Orontes" do not appear anywhere in Steve Harrison's Casebook.

Rob

Thanks for your answer. A pity, it would have been an interesting connection to the Hyborian Age.

Edited by elegos7, 30 January 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#53 PaulMc

PaulMc

Sword of Crom

• Moderators
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Finally got off my butt and ordered Steve Harrison's Casebook. It arrived yesterday. Well worth the purchase.

FYI; I received number 218 of 250. So, REHF are more than halfway through their stock. If you're considering it and on the fence, you might want to put in an order soonish.

-- Paul McNamee

My Blog