15 replies to this topic

#1 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

:) It's only a 2 hour drive so I'm hoping I can save a few dollar to get in the show. I picked up the free MegaCon Magazine at my comic shop the other day. On cover and special guests are Stan Lee and William Shatner. It's a Who's Who of features guests - Hundreds!

For fans who have a lot of extra money and want a Stan Lee or William Shatner autograph check it out:

Autographs:

Stan Lee - $55.00 advance autograph's available. Advance autographs are guaranteed. Some autographs will be available for purchase on-site but will be limited.

Stan Lee - $175.00 VIP package includes: an advance autograph, professional photo opp that includes 8 x 10 photo with Stan Lee, Stan Lee VIP badge and lanyard, preferred seating at STan's panel, and an exclusive commemorative item TBA.

William Shatner - $495.00 Captain's Reception includes: Meet William Shatner personally at a small limited attendance reception, signed 18 x 24 limited edition (timeless) print, professional photo opp that includes 8 x 10 photo with William Shatner, (one additional person may join you for the photo opp and receiption) Light refreshments will be served.

***Please note these packages do not include your admittance to the show. Show tickets are sold separately.

I'd like to meet Stan Lee, Roy Thomas, Joe Jusko, Ron Marz, Denny O'Neill, (Have already met Billi Tucci of Shi!), Arthur Suydam, Howard Chaykin, Lou Ferringo, Anne Lockhart, John Schneider, oh - heck I'd like to meet them all.

I recently requested and got an autograph from Arnold S. Governor of CA. Hoping to get a Conan picture signed but he's in a suit and tie.

About 15 years ago I was fortunate to get Stan Lee's autograph numerous items via the mail and each item was personalized :D
The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#2 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

These are always lots of fun. Take some pictures! :)

#3 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

I usually try to make it to megacon, but it looks like this year I'll be in the field and won't get to go. Here's a couple of pics of me geeking out from last year.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Check out my blog: An Age Undreamed Of

#4 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

I am planning on going.I was going to work the show with the guy I sold my comic/toy shop to,but he waited to long to send in his table fees ....no more space...
But I talked him into going any how since he had booked his time share and taken the time off his real job and had lined up weekend help in the shop.
He is going to pay the $175 for the Stan lee package,I am going to get in the picture so thats good enough.

theagenes those better be reprints!!!
Its too bad you cant make it...it would have been cool to meet you.
Richard maybe we can meet up? I will be there all three days. If Jusko is there I might need to have him sign something to do with Conan.
I am not normally a big Autograph hound ,but I might start adding them when they relate to my REH stuff.

#5 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Oh they're real all right (the comics - not Wonder Woman's boobs), but they're not mine. I was very nervous when that pic that was taken - if I had dropped them I would have owed more than my house! :P

#6 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

I'm afraid Action 1 is a little out of my league. But here is my one pickup from Megacon last year - traded a high grade Giant-Size X-Men 1 for it:

Posted Image

#7 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

Nice book.
I got rid of the last of my golden age books (low # detc. books a few months ago)bought REH books with the $$.
Dropping those supies would be bad! I could not buy those or WWomans boobs....but I know the comics cost alot more.
One of my friends saw an Arab buy a high grade superman 1 years ago at a show.
The seller had it in some kind of lexan block,the Arab came up asked the price,the owner told him something like 3x guide for grade at the time,the guy called over a bodyguard with a case full of cash pulled out a few stacks and paid.
The friend was stunned,he said it didnt make a dent in what was in the case.
Must have been oil $$$$

#8 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

That's a great story. The Action 1 in that pic sold for right around 100k later that week, which I believe was a record for a restored copy at the time. This was just a few weeks after the famous million-dollar sale of the 8.0 copy, so Action 1 was taking off to the stratoshere. Hell, I couldn't even afford a single wrap now.

I still collect GA, but mostly pre-superhero strip and pulp-related characters like Tarzan, Buck Rogers, John Carter, Flash Gordon, etc. I loves me some Hal Foster and Alex Raymond! B)

It's too bad I can't make it this year - I'd love to hook up with you and Richard. Maybe next year. Definitely post some pics!

#9 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Just saw the $1 boxes behind you in the Superman pic....lol
Also Roy T. is going to be at the show,what could I get signed by Roy,Stan,and Jusko? :rolleyes:

Foster and Raymond are both great.
GA books had so much talent working on them.....I love Finger, Frazetta, W Wood etc.

#10 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

I usually try to make it to megacon, but it looks like this year I'll be in the field and won't get to go. Here's a couple of pics of me geeking out from last year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Agnes :) Thank you for the pictures! Makes me want to go even more. I'm still not sure as I have a son in private school and another son in college. I've got to persuade and convince my accountant who's a tough sell - my wife!

Skullface :) Please take a lot of pictures and post them here. If you can get one of those hidden camera's take some of Stan. Thank you.

Edited by Richard, 24 February 2011 - 01:05 AM.

The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#11 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Posted Image

That picture of Wondrous Woman makes my palms ache.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#12 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Hey is anyone going to Mega con this weekend?
I paid an artist for a Red Sonja cover rework and never got it.
If any of you guys go... tell A Janowsky (stanly the snowman artist).
That Kyle wants his art work he paid for last year....
I would love to see this guys face if one of you guys could do that for me.

#13 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

This weekend? Isn't Megacon in Feb or March?

#14 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

i saw a blurb for it being on Dec 2-4.
My thinking was 2nd week of Feb.
If I could only remember where I saw that it was this week.??
Theagenes are you going?
I would love to have someone have a word with this guy,for me.
This dude is bad news for Cons. I have paid and had things mailed later. (so the artist had more time to work)Its been almost a year so this guy is just ripping me off. He acted like he was a REH fan, gave me a good price. Then never sent the art.

#15 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Kyle, Richard, or anyone else going to Megacon this weekend? I'm driving down Friday morning. Kyle, did you ever get your art from that guy?

#16 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

nope