The Conan Online Roleplaying Game?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CurtisPKinkaid_*

Guest_CurtisPKinkaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

Just curious if anyone has played this game, if its any good, and if it will run on my laptop? Specs: Processor: 2.3GHz AMD Athlon II dual-core processor
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphics card
Memory: 3GB RAM, and a 320GB hard drive

#2 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

Just curious if anyone has played this game, if its any good, and if it will run on my laptop? Specs: Processor: 2.3GHz AMD Athlon II dual-core processor
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphics card
Memory: 3GB RAM, and a 320GB hard drive

Are you talking about Age of Conan?

I played the hell out of it. At first, it's amazing, draws you in, addicts you. Then, after a bunch-cha hours, it...just..gets...repetitive...and...old...and....booring.

So, it's worth the go for a while, and at some point, I'm guessing you'll get burnt out on it.

Go to this we site: CAN YOU RUN IT?

Select "Age of Conan" from the drop down, and it will test your laptop to see if you've got what it takes. AoC is a pretty demanding game, but it's also a georgeous game. And, the combat is fun, fun, fun.

#3 Guest_CurtisPKinkaid_*

Guest_CurtisPKinkaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Very cool...thanks for the info...my PC passes the test so im off to buy the game haha! Thanks again!

#4 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

Very cool...thanks for the info...my PC passes the test so im off to buy the game haha! Thanks again!

You must come back and give us your impressions once you've got it all loaded and played a bit.

Are you going PvE or PvP?

#5 Guest_CurtisPKinkaid_*

Guest_CurtisPKinkaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Propably PvE! I see that there is 2 versions of the game, one is the original and the other an expansion...do you need the original to use the expansion?

#6 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

Propably PvE! I see that there is 2 versions of the game, one is the original and the other an expansion...do you need the original to use the expansion?

Yes.

The expansion has a level 40 area right outside Khitai's great wall where you mess around with Hyrkanian horse lords. Inside the wall, into Khitai is all very high level stuff, level 60 and level 80.

This means you can wait on the expansion.

But, at the same time, the games are so cheap, why not just go ahead and get them?

You won't be gaming there for a while, though. You've got to hit level 40.

#7 Waldgeist

Waldgeist

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Before you buy it, you can always try the trial http://www.ageofconan.com/trial for free, forever. You can play up till lvl20 and play on the beginners Island Tortage for as long as you want and try out classes etc... :)

In addition, you don't need the original game, to play the expansion. The expansion in retail stores is packaged with the original game. If you like the trial, just buy the expansion box in retail and you will be all set.

Cheers
Waldgeist

Edited by Waldgeist, 15 May 2011 - 08:53 PM.

Let us show them our hearts and then show them theirs!

#8 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Great game with awsome physics and style. It can use full DX11 I believe, and looks beautiful roaming throught he large country side. It strays away from the Conan lore at times, but as a game it is the best on the market for fantasy.

I had to stop because of slow net connection, but when I go broadband again, I will be back to kik ass with my lvl 80 Guardian Athgul!

Best of luck and enjoy.

Oh yes, I find if you get a clan asap you can benefit from their experience, and can ask for help when adventuring in the multi character dungeons.
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#9 Arthyron

Arthyron

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

The Tortage area of the game is worth the price of the game alone. If only the rest of the game was as polished as Tortage...

As for the rest of the game, it's like any other MMO in that as long as you have friends to play with you, it will be fun, but if you play alone it's going to get boring and repetitive.

As far as MMO's go, it's definitely unique and has a lot going for it, so if you have no other pressing games you want to play it's definitely at least good enough to pass the time. I myself wish I still had friends who would play it with me (my account is active, but I rarely sign in).

#10 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Liking the Hall of Crom btw, really dark grey and eerie, they did a good coding job here.
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#11 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Bought Rise of the God slayer, I have to say it seems the same old but the raids and drops are worth the weight in gold to buy it.

#12 Primeval

Primeval

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Bought Rise of the God slayer, I have to say it seems the same old but the raids and drops are worth the weight in gold to buy it.

Just the Alternate Advancement alone makes the expansion worth it. It can be a bit of a grind after a certain point, but there are also some neat storylines. Sadly some of my favorites never seem to be finished - there is one about a son of Conan's coming up from Vendhya (I believe the implication is he is the son of Conan and Yasmina) and there is another character that could also be a son of Conan but it never goes anywhere. Overall you will enjoy it I think!

Edited by Primeval, 20 July 2012 - 10:47 PM.

"Roll on me like a flood, now, if ye dare! Before your viper fangs drink my life I will reap your multitudes like ripened barley - of your severed heads will I build a tower and of your mangled corpses will I rear up a wall!" - Bran Mak Morn in "Worms of the Earth"

#13 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just the Alternate Advancement alone makes the expansion worth it. It can be a bit of a grind after a certain point, but there are also some neat storylines. Sadly some of my favorites never seem to be finished - there is one about a son of Conan's coming up from Vendhya (I believe the implication is he is the son of Conan and Yasmina) and there is another character that could also be a son of Conan but it never goes anywhere. Overall you will enjoy it I think!

I bought the addon God Slayer as it is the best for content out of the 2 expansions (Coast of Turan), but I am lost myself when it comes to the AA's, I think I read too much into them at times. When I first started using them I thought you read left to right, now I realise it is top row to bottom and left to right as in a matrix idea. so you get MASTERY points from quests and add them to your buffs. Though I find the fact that you seemed to need 15 mastery points to get RESOLVE abit much. :)

But enjoying it this time round with addons.

#14 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

They have just released more Free to Play funtionality, opened up alll dungeons pre 80 level to allow fast levelling to RAID level. Added new fixes and also releasing this month or start of next Dragon Spine the ADDon.

Please come and try it out if a role player and gamer that likes challenges. The real content starts at lvl 80 tbh in Kitai area but the solo leveling is free so come on get to Hyborea and meet Conan :P