1520 replies to this topic

#1421 Ascalante

Ascalante

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Greetings all...I appreciate all the efforts put forth on this forum and it's great to see so many Howard and Conan fans coming together. I have been a Conan fan since I was 6 or 7 years old when I saw part of Conan the Barbarian on network television. I collected a few Savage Sword comics in the 80's and have collected all of the Dark Horse Conan comics, and a few Marvel Conan TPBs. I have read most of the original Howard Conan stories multple times and some not at all(still have not picked up the last Del Ray volume). I am enjoying Howard's Solomon Kane as well. I am also Ascalante in Age of Conan, so I hope to meet you there. I have ventured in to Conan gaming a little as well...

The Conan Movie Blog was fun as that got pretty heated during the anticipation and release of CtB 2011. Taranaich and company really made it fun.

Trying to keep the energy, enthusiasm, and appreciation up for all things Howard and hopefully we'll finally see Howard's creations take shape on the big screen in a way that is true to his characters and excitement. I still haven't seen the Solomon Kane movie yet so I am hoping for an American release like many others. Anyway, "Crom laughs at your four winds..."

Edited by Ascalante, 22 April 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#1422 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Welcome, Ascalante.

Crom laughs when I break wind.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#1423 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Welcome Ascalante and everyone else who has joined our site in the last months.

Edited by Kane, 24 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"

#1424 Hamilcar

Hamilcar

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I just wanted to say that I have been coming to this site for years now and just recently created a profile. I love this site and the community that fills it. Keep it up guys. We can't let the worlds that Howard created disappear.

#1425 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Welcome Hamilcar. Glad you formally joind us.
And I agree, Howard is too fine a writer to disappear.

#1426 Ascalante

Ascalante

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for the welcomes, gents...errr....barbarians....

#1427 Aza9

Aza9

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Great forum!

I love Robert E. Howard, especially Conan.

Thanks for providing a place with so much great info! :D
I woulda kept Thothmekri for awhile. He could come in handy.

#1428 Officer Aggro

Officer Aggro

Infidel Defiler

• Moderators
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Welcome, Aza9!
- The illegitimate son of Crom

#1429 kai

kai

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

Greetings all.

Let's see... I'm a filmmaker / screenwriter and when my old writing partner heard what I am currently working on, he said I had to immediately read (and watch) CONAN. I did, and haven't been able to get enough of the character since.

#1430 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Welcome Kasi, Aza9. Hope you enjoy the site.

#1431 Rey

Rey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hello everybody,
I am a student in english-speaking literature and history, from France (from Montpellier but living in Aix-en-provence, that is the very south of France). I'm a big cinema fan, espcially of horror movies, a comic-books enthusiast, music fanatic, and a huge Hokuto-no-ken fan. I of course saw the Conan movies as a kid but more recently got into the comic-books, that led me to read the Howard's stories, and that's when I realised it was probably the best thing ever (well at least one of the best). I now plan on digging into Solomon Kane for it seems to be quite amazing as well.
So I am kind of new to the Robert E. Howard's universe(s) and I already learnt a lot on this forum, and that's why I'm here, to learn more about it.
Cheers !

#1432 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Welcome Rey!
Hope you learn the information your after. And we are always willing to answer any questions you might have.

#1433 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

As a student of english literature, will you find opportunity to write essays on Robert E. Howard and his works?
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at

#1434 Rey

Rey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

Thanks Kane !

Ironhand, as a matter of fact, I am starting my master's degree next year, and I would really like to do my dissertation on Howard's works, I will have to convince my teachers that it is a study-worthy subject though, knowing as Howard is often disregarded and how most of my teachers apparently have never heard of him (that's quite sad). But if I'm able to do so I will for sure, I'll keep you updated about that guys, after the summer holidays !

#1435 LordYam

LordYam

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hi. Finally got allowed on past the screening. Came here largely to discuss Conan mythos and do fan work.

#1436 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Welcome aboard, Lord Yam! looking forward to exploring the mythos with you.

#1437 mikoza

mikoza

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

For moderators: Can you, please, validate member status of my fellow countryman Mirko Colak, so he can post on this forum. His nickname is "Colak" (Joined 14-August 12).
Thank you in advance!

Edited by mikoza, 06 September 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#1438 Grey

Grey

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Greetings everyone!
I waited for account activation for 19 days and I would like to thank Kortoso and Eddie Retournard for help.

Longer waiting means I am more happy to join these forums :)

I am from Poland, Europe, by the way.

Chris aka Grey

#1439 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

For moderators: Can you, please, validate member status of my fellow countryman Mirko Colak, so he can post on this forum. His nickname is "Colak" (Joined 14-August 12).
Thank you in advance!

Hi Colak, and welcome. Are you the Mirko Colak who will be drawing some of the upcoming Conan comics, ie, #13?

#1440 Colak

Colak

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hi,
Yep,that"s me.
Tnx a lot.