39 replies to this topic

#1 korak

korak

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

Hey, I am looking for some really great albums of music, for enjoying the drinking of beer. :lol: I have some already, but need more information. Also, good music for the partaking of the peace pipe. :) This can be ANY type of music, as long as it enhances the enjoyment of partying all night! My favorites include everything from The Vienna Philharmonic playing Johann Strauss' waltzes, to Ozzy's live Tribute to Randy Rhodes, and anything in between or beyond. What record albums and CDs do you turn to in times of pure pleasure? Any information is welcome.

#2 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:54 AM

As far as cracking open a brew or having a pint (or, mayhap, something a little stronger...), a little Lynyrd Skynyrd (their "One More From The Road" live album) or AC/DC (I prefer the Bon Scott years) always puts me in the mood, as does The Pogues ("If I Should Fall From Grace With God"). They're the first few that spring to mind, anyway. Truth be told, I always enjoy drinking, whatever music's playin' in the background: rock, reggae, blues, classical, punk...doesn't matter. :P

"Peace pipe"-wise, you can't go wrong with a little Augustus Pablo or, really, any good dub reggae. Probably sounds a little stereotypical, I know, but, all I'm sayin' is it'd work for me.... B) Oh, and a little Thievery Corporation might do the trick, too ("Sounds From The Thievery Hi-Fi"...this album is pretty heavily dub-influenced)

Whatever musical accompaniment you settle on, have a good time!

Cheers!

Edited by Kaziglu Bey, 13 August 2011 - 04:19 AM.

#3 NobleSavage

NobleSavage

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Kaziglu Bey said it all :D

ac/dc and lynyrd skynyrd are alltime beer-drinking classics...i'd also add motorhead and then all that sleaze/glam 80's rock-metal ,that is really cheerful and sets the mood for booze stinking conversations :P kiss ,guns n' roses ,skid row ,whitesnake ,bon jovi ,motley crue ,la guns etc

edit: why is the letter "***" getting censored ?

Edited by NobleSavage, 13 August 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#4 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

By far the greatest drinking song ever.

This isn't even a matter of debate. It's an indisputable fact. <_<
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#5 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Amster for tha WIN! :D

All I can add is the Second greatest drinking song ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA67y3mqjMs

Tex
(who had to throw some Hank--Pa and Son--into tha mix)

#6 NobleSavage

NobleSavage

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

my top 5 songs for drinking-party nights
(..whenever/wherever these are a must..)

rock n roll all night (for "opening")
My link

born to raise hell (for getting shots-rounds started)
My link

somebody put something in my drink (for drinking some more...if you aint feeling right, blame it on the others :) just keep drinking!)
My link

too drunk to **** !!!!!!! :P (well, you never know how bad it's gonna end up..)
My link

sleeping my day away (time to go home...you can always take it up tomorrow :D)
My link

#7 korak

korak

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

I second the motion for some good Skynyrd and AC-DC, and raise you Aerosmith Pandora's Box and Van Halen Best Of volume 1! :lol: Also, some La Grange by ZZ Top. That's about as close as I come to country western-- some good Southern boogie. I used to have to listen to "The Brother Hal Show" every morning for breakfast because my parents were both rednecks at heart, and I always associate it with eating bacon and eggs. My favorite country western was Charlie Pride singing Kiss an Angel Good Morning. That's style there. :P "Kiss an angel good morning, and let her know you think about her when you're gone--- kiss an angel good morning, and love her like the devil when you git back home!"

#8 Odoakris

Odoakris

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

#9 korak

korak

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

"Peace pipe"-wise, you can't go wrong with a little Augustus Pablo or, really, any good dub reggae. Probably sounds a little stereotypical, I know, but, all I'm sayin' is it'd work for me.... B) Oh, and a little Thievery Corporation might do the trick, too ("Sounds From The Thievery Hi-Fi"...this album is pretty heavily dub-influenced)

Whatever musical accompaniment you settle on, have a good time!

Cheers!

Another good one is the original, uncut Autobahn by Kraftwerk. B)

#10 SLAYERx78

SLAYERx78

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

i like this one esp after a few shots of JD.
"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars--Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingaria with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom in the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a SLAYER, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."

....."let me live deep while I live , know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate , the hot embrace of white arms , the mad exultation of battle when the blue-blades flame and crimson - and I am content. Let teachers priests and philosphers brood on questions of reality and illusion . I know this much ; if life is an illusion , then I am no less an illusion , and being so that illusion is real to ME .I live , I burn with life , I love , I SLAY , and I am content . "

#11 scottra

scottra

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

The Pogues, best drinking music ever.
ScOttRa Monster Art & More
www.scottra.com

Donations for Cross Plains Fire Relief Fund
City of Cross Plains Fire Relief Fund
c/o Texas Heritage Bank
PO Box 699
Cross Plains, TX 76443

#12 indestructibleman

indestructibleman

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

#13 Skullface

Skullface

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

Any Johnny Cash will do.

#14 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:54 AM

Another good one is the original, uncut Autobahn by Kraftwerk. B)

Oooh, yeah! Hadn't though of that...and let's add The Clash's Sandinista! to that list, too. If I recall correctly, Joe Strummer wrote most of that album in "the bunker", a boxed-off corner of the studio where he'd ensconce himself, light up a spliff and start puttin' lyrics to paper.

We might as well toss The Doors into the ring, as well. Drinking-wise, I'd go with Morrison Hotel or L.A. Woman, myself, although any of their albums would do.

From Clarksdale to Cleveland and Livin' In The House of Blues: Roadhouse Blues are both pretty cool compilations, worth a look, if any of y'all are interested.

#15 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

Here is some of my kind of beer drinking music.

Edit: Foul language warning.

Edited by ThuleanWarrior, 14 August 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#16 Myrmydon

Myrmydon

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

Most music is good for drinking, but it always seems to end up like this

#17 korak

korak

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

I'd like to add one I just thought of, which is a the ultimate combination of heavy boozin' riffs and spaced out cosmic tripping music--- the remastered and expanded Song Remains the Same by Led Zeppelin, the definitive relic of the Nam era Age of the Hippy Freak. But it is highly existential in potential. Or not-- perhaps Wilhelm Furtwangler performing Richard Wagner with the Berlin Philharmonic in 1944 is the most existential astral trip imaginable. But either way-- watch out for weird Lovecraftian zones with incalculable and innumerable local dangers, not to mention that final peril.... in the centre of infinity---- aaaeeeeiiiii! Shub-Nuggurath! :o

#18 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

More inline with the 70's type stuff what about...

Manilla Road

Uriah Heap

I'm not sure I could listen to Uriah Heap sober. lmao

#19 korak

korak

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

More inline with the 70's type stuff what about...

Manilla Road

Uriah Heap

I'm not sure I could listen to Uriah Heap sober. lmao

Thulean Warrior, I thank you for that mystical moment on this magic board! I have never before been able to watch a video of the song Wizard (with Byron singing, no less) and it was beautiful! :)

#20 ThuleanWarrior

ThuleanWarrior

Wasteland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

^Uriah Heap really is great.

I missed my time being born in the mid 70's instead of being in my teens or twenties then. I love the aesthetics of the 70's. I especial love that periods art, comics and genre fiction. Though I do love our modern technology and ability to share. A mix of the two would be perfect!