10 replies to this topic

#1 Black Indy

Black Indy

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Arlene Stephenson, President of Project Pride in Cross Plains, Texas has announced that The ROBERT E. HOWARD MUSEUM Gift Shop is looking for a new t-shirt design for 2012.
Artists may submit their black and white designs to Arlene either digitally to arscp04@yahoo.com or in hardcopy to Project Pride, POB 534, Cross Plains, TX 76443. Deadline is February 15, 2012. (Please send photocopies if submitting via mail – no original art, please.)
Entries should include the text: The Robert E. Howard Museum & Cross Plains, Texas shown somewhere prominently within the artwork, but the rest of the design is up to the individual artist. The rules of good taste prevail, of course: no violent depictions or nudity will be considered. The same would apply to scantily clad/large busted women. You know what I'm talking about...
Artists will retain all rights to their artwork and if an individual’s artwork is chosen, it should be considered as a donation to the Robert E. Howard Museum.
Payment will be in the form of two “contributor’s copies” of the t-shirt plus the honor and glory of being the Howard House t-shirt artist!
The winning entry will be announced by March 1, 2012, with the new t-shirt shown here and on display for sale at the REH Museum soon after.

Edited by Black Indy, 03 October 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#2 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Black Indie :rolleyes:

This is a great idea!

There are some fantastic artists here so the competition is going to be good because to have your winning entry and name affliated with this is very, very nice. Even runner ups and honorable mentions are cool, too. I know I'm going to support the artists who donate their time and talents. All artists who submit an entry are winners in my book!

I'd enter except I'm not that good at drawing anything except stick men.

I wear an XX Large and would like to order one when they are available.

Thank you. V/r Richard
The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#3 Black Indy

Black Indy

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

I thought I would bump this back up to the front.
There's a month to go in the Robert E. Howard Museum T-shirt contest, so hopefully this reminder will generate some entries.

Have at it, folks...this is actually pretty prestigious, and we all can ooo and ahhh at Howard Days this year and spend our dough and help the REH Museum.

Black Indy sez thanks!

#4 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

Is there any news of the winner so far?
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#5 BarB

BarB

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Name of winner was announced on REH: Two-Gun Raconteur website today along with a photo of the winning design.

http://rehtwogunraconteur.com/

Pretty cool. I think I'll buy a couple of them. One to wear and one to keep.
BB

#6 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Brilliant work, I am glad it was a talented guy that beat my entry and well beat by the looks of this fantastic tshirt. I will be ordering one and wearing it proudly in Ireland. Posted Image

(Man I hate that guy Peters, he is soooo talented!!! ;) )

My Entry
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#7 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

That's awesome art! Mike - Congratulations. You've got tons of talent and captured the essence of REH. Everyone who submitted is a winner in my book :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to more details on how to get one of these as I'll wear it proudly, too Dave. It's also a great way to talk about REH to others as I'm sure there will be curious comments.

Dave the rage - Did you submit a drawing? All I can draw are stick men.

I wear a XX and await more details on how to place an order.

Thank you.

Edited by Richard, 09 March 2012 - 12:26 AM.

The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#8 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

That's awesome art! Mike - Congratulations. You've got tons of talent and captured the essence of REH. Everyone who submitted is a winner in my book :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to more details on how to get one of these as I'll wear it proudly, too Dave. It's also a great way to talk about REH to others as I'm sure there will be curious comments.

Dave the rage - Did you submit a drawing? All I can draw are stick men.

I wear a XX and await more details on how to place an order.

Thank you.

So true Richard, I love wearing them out in public in the summer, and people enquire about it etc.

Mines was not as strong as Mikes.....he deserves the recognition for his effort!

Posted Image

As Mike did with his, I wanted to add in pictures to allow people to identify what REH had did in terms of his other works. The pigeons flying out of his head, the swords, gloves and El Boraks rifle slung over his shoulder, the two texan guns at his side for his many westerns and the skull in the sand for messing with firingi and the snake of Set. Lastly the hat hanging on the cacti to symbolise the old detective stories with the hat on the stand.

Edited by Dave the Rage, 09 March 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#9 terryallenuk

terryallenuk

Barbarian from the British Isles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

That's great Dave , I'd wear one of those too!

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group is dedicated to the characters created by Robert E Howard that have appeared in comic book form from Marvel Comics , Dark Horse Comics , BOOM Studios, Cross Plains Comics , Dynamite Entertainment etc.

http://groups.yahoo....REHcomicsgroup/

http://www.facebook.com/rehcomicsgroup

#10 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Chrs T, I got one made for myself till Mikes arrives :)

#11 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

The T-shirts come out this week at Howard Days. I ordered two, one white one black. I am looking forward to seeing them on a tshirt as Mike's work is strong and detailed. :)

You can order from Paypal account to:
ProjPride@yahoo.com

s, m and XL in both black and white 15 dollars.

Overseas sales 1st class: $15.00

Please buy one if Howard fans and wear with Pride :)

I can't wait to wear one in the streets of Belfast ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Dave the Rage, 09 June 2012 - 04:24 PM.