• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Officer Aggro

Officer Aggro

Infidel Defiler

• Moderators
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Another excellent issue! I agree with you about those "Hell yeah" moments, Zack. I'm also loving that baboon demon.

Anyone notice on page 7 where the serpent is coiled around the Earth that it's our modern geography and not that of the Hyborian Age or further back? I can clearly see Europe and Africa there, yet Epemitreus is speaking of a time long before even Conan's age. Maybe they're subtly implying that we of the 21st century must get ready to deal with Set too. :P
- The illegitimate son of Crom

#22 johnnypt

johnnypt

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

The one complaint I have is something Taranaich brought up about issue #2, where Thoth leaves Dion without using his blood to create the demon. In this issue, it seems to be just some random slave or Hyborian Age redshirt. Whoever it is, it ain't Dion. I understand moving the creation of the demon closer to the fight, that works for storytelling purposes. But there was no good reason I can see for making this particular change in detail.

Otherwise, it's another great looking issue. This would've looked amazing as an old fashioned Marvel Treasury Edition, all big and oversized.

#23 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

This is maybe the best Conan comic art since Conan came to comics.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject