Photo

If Schwarzenegger And Momoa Got Into A Fight, Who Would Win?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

William Smith is a stone....cold.....bada22....period,Smith won the arm-wrestling championship of the world several times and also won the USAF weight lifting championships, had an Amature boxing record of 31-1, and studied Kenpo, and he played semi-pro football in europe,During the korean war he was a Russian Intercept Interrogator and flew secret ferret missions over Russia, and spoke 4-5 languages, I believe he would beat up Conan

Smith is a true bad-ass, as was Clint Walker. I keep hoping that the forum will move beyond Superman vs Mighty Mouse/"my dad can whip your dad" to passionate discussions of Worms of the Earth or The House of Arabu, but it's probably best to wait until after the world changes in December ( ;) ) .

:rolleyes:

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#22 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

What about Clint Walker? I nominated him for best possible Conan actor based on his looks, build, and acting chops, but I didn't know he was a badass. How is he a badass?
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#23 deuce

deuce

• Moderators
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

What about Clint Walker? I nominated him for best possible Conan actor based on his looks, build, and acting chops, but I didn't know he was a badass. How is he a badass?

Well, not RF Burton or Bigfoot Wallace "badass", but Mr. Walker (from what I always read) was generally considered a tough man by his colleagues. I believe he served in the Merchant Marine and worked as a bouncer.

Back on-topic :) , I still think Momoa would win vs Ahnuldt.

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#24 bubbamakmorn

bubbamakmorn

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

William Smith is a stone....cold.....bada22....period,Smith won the arm-wrestling championship of the world several times and also won the USAF weight lifting championships, had an Amature boxing record of 31-1, and studied Kenpo, and he played semi-pro football in europe,During the korean war he was a Russian Intercept Interrogator and flew secret ferret missions over Russia, and spoke 4-5 languages, I believe he would beat up Conan

Smith is a true bad-ass, as was Clint Walker. I keep hoping that the forum will move beyond Superman vs Mighty Mouse/"my dad can whip your dad" to passionate discussions of Worms of the Earth or The House of Arabu, but it's probably best to wait until after the world changes in December ( ;) ) .

:rolleyes:

Worms of the Earth and Beyond the Black river are by faaaaar my favorite Howard stories.....BTW beside the lake of the mound.....are you a fellow Hillbilly?

#25 witchfire

witchfire

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

ir arnie & jason got in a fight who would win ?

Conan of course
"today the blood of battle upon my weapons will never dry
many i'll send into the ground, laughing as they die"

#26 MisfitPanda

MisfitPanda

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Posted Image
...makes nightmares out of pretty dreams!

#27 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Posted Image

That dude is so ripped! Arnold's in good shape, too.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#28 deuce

deuce

• Moderators
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Worms of the Earth and Beyond the Black river are by faaaaar my favorite Howard stories.....BTW beside the lake of the mound.....are you a fellow Hillbilly?

Hey BMM! :D Not exactly. Where I live in south-east Kansas has been called "the Little Ozarks" for over a century. People from this area HAVE been labelled "hillbillies" by surrounding SEKers.

I maintain the farm that's been in my mother's family since 1869. They were Border Scots/Irish settlers from Pennsylvania, originally. My dad's side were Scots-Irish (with some Melungeon) who started in NC, moved to northern TN and then settled here (about 30mi east), so I've got some "hillbilly" blood.
Where I live is just west of Big Hill Lake, about 8mi from Mound Valley and 5mi from the Bender Mounds (my forefather was there when they dug up the bodies).

WotE and BtBR are both in my Howardian Top 5/10 (depending on my mood).

Back on-topic, I still think Momoa would win. :)

#29 amster

amster

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

This is friggin' bad ass...

Momoa Broke Benioff's Hands After Drunken Challenge

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni24447044/

Burly actor Jason Momoa accidentally broke both the hands of his scriptwriting pal David Benioff during a drinking game at the Game Of Thrones wrap party.
Benioff, the head writer of the hit TV fantasy drama, was celebrating the season's end during a party on location in Belfast, Ireland, when he decided to challenge actor Momoa to a hand game of strength called Mercy.

However, in his drunken stupor, Benioff miscalculated the Conan the Barbarian star's power and he was consequently left with two shattered hands.

Benioff's wife, actress Amanda Peet, recalls, "He was running in from his flight from London... and he came in and he just looked kind of funny. He stormed right by me and kind of skulked away. I said, 'Honey, what's the matter, did you have a bad flight?'... And he said, 'I just think I might have broken my finger.' And I said, 'How did you do that?' And he said, 'I can't tell you.'

"I got home from work and his hands had swollen. It was like elephantiasis... He proceeded to tell me that in Belfast, it was their wrap party, and they got to drinking and he decided to play a game of Mercy... with Jason Momoa. And he had a few drinks and he didn't realise that he was getting hurt.

"So we go to the emergency room the next morning... and finally the lovely doctor who was on call at the hospital took X-rays... and she said, 'Well, I mean I don't want to say that his hands were crushed, but basically that's what happened.' So he spent the week in two slings... unable to drive, on Vicodin (pain medication), and not helping me very much with lifting up the children."

Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.

#30 Fierro

Fierro

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

To crush their digits, to see them driven to the hospital and hear the lamentations of their women...

Way to go Ghengis Khal...

#31 amster

amster

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

To crush their digits, to see them driven to the hospital and hear the lamentations of their women...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#32 amster

amster

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

With a sudden lunge Momoa bore him backward until the small of his back crashed against the table. And still farther over its edge Momoa bent him, back and back, until his hands were ready to snap.

Momoa's low laugh was merciless as the ring of steel.

“You fool!” he all but whispered. “I think you never saw a man from the Pacific before. Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the fingers off Hollywood doucebags, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the hooves of a wild Hawaiian pig before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man — like this!”

And with a savage wrench he twisted Benioff's hands around until his drunken face screamed in agony, and his fingers snapped like rotten twigs.
Posted Image

#33 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

With a sudden lunge Momoa bore him backward until the small of his back crashed against the table. And still farther over its edge Momoa bent him, back and back, until his hands were ready to snap.

Momoa's low laugh was merciless as the ring of steel.

“You fool!” he all but whispered. “I think you never saw a man from the Pacific before. Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the fingers off Hollywood doucebags, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the hooves of a wild Hawaiian pig before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man — like this!”

And with a savage wrench he twisted Benioff's hands around until his drunken face screamed in agony, and his fingers snapped like rotten twigs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#34 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Heyyy I like that can I use that quote in a story I am writing????

The aveage civilized man is never fully alive;he is burdened with masses of atrophied tisse and useless matter.Life flickers feebily in him;his senses sre dull and torpid...In devloping his intellect he has sacrificed far more then he realizes."

#35 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Dudes some of you have proven that you are DEEP into Conan with those qoutes :P :P :P

The aveage civilized man is never fully alive;he is burdened with masses of atrophied tisse and useless matter.Life flickers feebily in him;his senses sre dull and torpid...In devloping his intellect he has sacrificed far more then he realizes."