Photo

If Schwarzenegger And Momoa Got Into A Fight, Who Would Win?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 GBaxter

GBaxter

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

If Jason Momoa and Arnold Schwarzenegger got into a fight (in either a film world fight and/or
a real life one, or Arnold as a younger version of himself, rather than now - whatever scenario
you prefer), who do you seriously or humorously think would win and how would they.

#2 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,897 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

While Arnold was flexing into a threatening pose, Jason would slug him three times in the right side of his jaw and three times in the left side of the jaw. While Arnold was executing a kata, Jason would kick him in the gut six more times. While Arnold was falling to the floor, Jason would pull a gun and shoot him in both knees.

While Arnold was lying groaning on the floor, Jason would steal his cell phone and use it to call 911 for an ambulance.

While Arnold was recuperating in the hospital, Jason would use Arnold's cell phone to clean out his bank accounts and get dates with Arnold's girlfriends.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

Edited by Ironhand, 14 December 2011 - 07:55 AM.

"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#3 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

stallone. then chuck norris steps in and kicks his a$$ :)

#4 witchfire

witchfire

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

stallone. then chuck norris steps in and kicks his a$$ :)

i believe it has been proven somewhere that there is a rumor
saying the momoa might perhaps be a clone of one of chuck
noriss's hair
"today the blood of battle upon my weapons will never dry
many i'll send into the ground, laughing as they die"

#5 icarus

icarus

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

The real Conan would kill them both ^_^

#6 Dark Mark

Dark Mark

Scourge Of The Antipodes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

i believe it has been proven somewhere that there is a rumor
saying the momoa might perhaps be a clone of one of chuck
noriss's hair

Though not one from his head.

Join me in The Mortuary or at Dreadful Tales where I review horror literature.

#7 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

Mind you Arnie was hanging around with people like Terry O'Neill at one point (legendary English karate man), so who knows what he picked up training wise :)

I think Jason is a bit more of a male model type. Whatever faults Arnie has as an aktor you can't deny he was top of his tree as an athlete and competitor - that would give him the edge I think.

#8 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

neither. they both get cast ( w jeff speakman ,michael biehn, steven segal, the rock ,tony jaa, martin kove ,john saxon, and clint eastwood forgive me if i missed anyone expendables casting really needs its own thread lol!) and join the other regulars,for expendables 3, blow up the world in it ( where eastwood calls them all sissies; except chuck norris of course) and live happily ever after.

Edited by mario, 18 December 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#9 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Mind you Arnie was hanging around with people like Terry O'Neill at one point (legendary English karate man), so who knows what he picked up training wise :)

I think Jason is a bit more of a male model type. Whatever faults Arnie has as an aktor you can't deny he was top of his tree as an athlete and competitor - that would give him the edge I think.

As a an athelete, Arnold trained in bodybuilding, not fighting. Momoa, on the other hand, has that scar on his face from being hit with a pint glass in a bar fight. The Producers of Conan were so impressed with the scar that they explained it in the film by having molten steel splash Leo Howard in the face. Male model my a$$. I've never heard a single rumor of Arnold every scrapping with anyone out in the real world.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#10 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

As a an athelete, Arnold trained in bodybuilding, not fighting. Momoa, on the other hand, has that scar on his face from being hit with a pint glass in a bar fight. The Producers of Conan were so impressed with the scar that they explained it in the film by having molten steel splash Leo Howard in the face. Male model my a$$. I've never heard a single rumor of Arnold every scrapping with anyone out in the real world.

Right on. While I'm sure that there are less 6th grade-ish things to discuss :rolleyes: , I just don't see how anybody can contemplate Ah-nuldt as a real-life a$$-kicker (as opposed to a muscle-bound show-boy). There's NEVER been any rumor of him being a brawler. Never. Not before Pumping Iron or after. Perhaps he picked up some tricks from his (ex-Nazi) dad on how to deal with restrained/outnumbered "dissenters" or Jews, but I've never heard a hint of the Governator being able to handle himself in a fight. He's a master intimidator, but that only goes so far.

Momoa HAS been in bar fights AND he's an American from the Midwest. :P

Momoa has reach AND practical experience. I don't see him being flustered by Ahnie.

Ah-Nuldt is a lot closer to being Howard's vision of Ball-Pteor (mumble-mouthed accent included!) than Conan.

Well, I'm tired of this topic. :)

So, while we're engaged in schoolyard "my dad can whip YOUR dad" hypotheticals, how about "William Smith Can Whip Ron Perlman"? See, the grade-school possiblities are ENDLESS. No need to ever consider the writings of Robert E. Howard again. :D SO many better things to occupy our time, after all.

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#11 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

Terry O'Neill ran a martial arts magazine called Fighting Arts International. He ran a couple of articles in there about his time with Arnie, which included training him in martial arts. There was a little group of them, including Sven OleThorson and some of the guys in Predator an CtB

In fact Terry had a role in CtD, he is one of the guys who gets killed at the beginning. Arnie spent some of his early training days at Wag Bennett's gym in Forest Gate, East London. I'm from the area and there are a few stories that still go round from the old timers about Arnie's exploits in those days (not all nice)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 sonny sixshooter

sonny sixshooter

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Arnold would "Niaaaargh" Jason to the ground!

#13 witchfire

witchfire

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

didn't aHnuld wrestle for the WWE( WWF back then) once ?
"today the blood of battle upon my weapons will never dry
many i'll send into the ground, laughing as they die"

#14 Fierro

Fierro

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Momoa can move.

#15 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

Terry O'Neill ran a martial arts magazine called Fighting Arts International. He ran a couple of articles in there about his time with Arnie, which included training him in martial arts. There was a little group of them, including Sven OleThorson and some of the guys in Predator an CtB

In fact Terry had a role in CtD, he is one of the guys who gets killed at the beginning. Arnie spent some of his early training days at Wag Bennett's gym in Forest Gate, East London. I'm from the area and there are a few stories that still go round from the old timers about Arnie's exploits in those days (not all nice)

If Arnold did train in martial arts long enough to actually utilize the skills he learned, it certainly isn't evident by watching him on screen, especially not when it comes to sword play. I'm sure he trained with lots of martial artists and fight choreographers in order to prepare for his roles (he was an action star after all), but Toshiro Mifune he ain't.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#16 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

If Arnold did train in martial arts long enough to actually utilize the skills he learned, it certainly isn't evident by watching him on screen, especially not when it comes to sword play. I'm sure he trained with lots of martial artists and fight choreographers in order to prepare for his roles (he was an action star after all), but Toshiro Mifune he ain't.

I'm sure that'strue, Arnie ain't no Bruce Lee, but it seems indisputable he has much more physicality about him than Jason. Who would win a fight - who cares, really, it's a dumb question, so dependent on circumstances in any case. But I know it's important for you to win , so Jason is best and would probably fight in a more Howardian way too. :)

#17 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

...it's a dumb question...

Well, yeah, we know that. Doesn't stop us from asking though. :D

#18 bubbamakmorn

bubbamakmorn

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

I have "really" grown to despise Arnold (even before the latest cheating episode) and I like Jason Mamoa, but Arnold in his earlier days was a Powerfull man...ANYONE who can deadlift over 600 pounds and rep 450 pounds on the bench press(when he was younger) will be a handfull.Too many people on this forum Hate Bodybuilders ,some times for good reason, however some of them CAN move ...and fight.Franco Columbo, Arnolds best friend (the pict in the raid scene in CTB) was a 5'3" Italian Amature boxing champion, with some real KO power. Mamoa is a Model/Actor who got cut in one barfight (in Hollywood?) but some model/actors CAN fight as well, and he is a big man who can move (who looks much closer to what Conan "would" look like ) I think it would be a tossup...but I would root for Jason Mamoa. :wacko: Ron Pearlman is a great actor , William Smith is a stone....cold.....bada22....period,Smith won the arm-wrestling championship of the world several times and also won the USAF weight lifting championships, had an Amature boxing record of 31-1, and studied Kenpo, and he played semi-pro football in europe,During the korean war he was a Russian Intercept Interrogator and flew secret ferret missions over Russia, and spoke 4-5 languages, I belive he would beat up Conan :wub:

Edited by bubbamakmorn, 22 December 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#19 John Maddox Roberts

John Maddox Roberts

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

This subject always reminds me of a great exchange from "Stand By Me."

first kid: "Who would win a fight, Superman or Mighty Mouse?"

second kid: "Don't be ridiculous. Mighty Mouse is just a cartoon. Superman is a real guy!"

#20 Konorg

Konorg

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Realistically speaking a young Arnold right out of the Austrian military might stand a chance against Mr.Momoa!

The aveage civilized man is never fully alive;he is burdened with masses of atrophied tisse and useless matter.Life flickers feebily in him;his senses sre dull and torpid...In devloping his intellect he has sacrificed far more then he realizes."