10 replies to this topic

#1 SLAYERx78

SLAYERx78

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

I was wondering who has played the new game skyrim? If this post is in the wrong place I apologize and will move accordingly. The game is huge. Beautiful backdrops. Imo the besy game to come out in a long time.
"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars--Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingaria with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom in the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a SLAYER, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."

....."let me live deep while I live , know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate , the hot embrace of white arms , the mad exultation of battle when the blue-blades flame and crimson - and I am content. Let teachers priests and philosphers brood on questions of reality and illusion . I know this much ; if life is an illusion , then I am no less an illusion , and being so that illusion is real to ME .I live , I burn with life , I love , I SLAY , and I am content . "

#2 Bruticus

Bruticus

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

I do want to check out Skyrim, but I don't think my PC can handle it. And I want it on the PC so I can download mods for it, which I'm not likely to get on a console version. Mods or not, though, it looks really good. I didn't play Oblivion, but I spent countless hours in front of Morrowind back in the day. If Skyrim is anywhere near as good as that, I'll have to get it at some point.

Since this seems to be a general video game topic, I may as well outline some of my tastes. I gravitate toward fighting games for the most part - Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, et al. - but the classic Doom games are my all-time favorites. I haven't played a more recent FPS or seen one in action that captures the same atmosphere and quick-paced action. Plus, Doom still has an active online community that's constantly producing new content for it. I'd get in on the level-making action if I thought I'd be any good at it. -_-
"By this axe I rule! This is my scepter!... If you will not fight, you shall obey!... I am king!"
--Kull, "By This Axe I Rule!"

#3 SLAYERx78

SLAYERx78

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

i have it for xbox 360, it might lack a little compared to the pc version, but its nonetheless awsome!. this is how i allways wanted a conan game to be like, except with better combat , and more emphasis on climbing and leadership ability.
"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars--Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingaria with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom in the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a SLAYER, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."

....."let me live deep while I live , know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate , the hot embrace of white arms , the mad exultation of battle when the blue-blades flame and crimson - and I am content. Let teachers priests and philosphers brood on questions of reality and illusion . I know this much ; if life is an illusion , then I am no less an illusion , and being so that illusion is real to ME .I live , I burn with life , I love , I SLAY , and I am content . "

#4 Bruticus

Bruticus

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:31 AM

If someone made a Conan game in the vein of the Elder Scrolls series, it'd be a first-day purchase for me. I'm not much for MMORPG's, so I've shied away from Age of Conan, and none of the other Conan games out there strike me as must-haves.
"By this axe I rule! This is my scepter!... If you will not fight, you shall obey!... I am king!"

#5 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

I havent played an rpg since ff7 back in 97 but skyrim kinda blows me away...is it more a sandbox game? ( waldgeist mentioned to me thats what it is like which i dig, as long as there's no silly horse racing games , terrible at them ). We bought a playstation move for the kids this christmas, and I managed to nab arkham city for 30 bucks during all of those black friday sales.
I totally used to love doom and street fighter, even the neo geo fighters, lately nah.I get a kick out of the god of war games, there was a conan god of war knockoff that i owned at one time, I didnt really mind it, ....until I played the god of war games though.

#6 Bruticus

Bruticus

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Earlier, I had been thinking about level editing for Doom and about the prospect of someone making a level based on 'The Tower of the Elephant.' Although I'm not a mapper by any means, I figured I should see what I could do with some of the locations in that story. So I started with Yag-Kosha's chamber. Doom II's resources are actually pretty well-suited to the task in terms of textures. By no means is what you see in these shots perfect - among other things, the roof isn't domed, and I added corpses in the corners to spruce things up a bit - but this was basically just for fun. I used the program GZDoom to run it, hence the orange glow and cross hair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I might see what I can do with the spider's chamber later.

#7 witchfire

witchfire

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

skyrim is an excelent game , it fixed a lot of things i didn't like about oblivion
i've been playing it for about 100 hrs & barely scratch the surface.....

& my character is called Momoa B)
"today the blood of battle upon my weapons will never dry
many i'll send into the ground, laughing as they die"

#8 sheets75

sheets75

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Last Elder Scrolls game I played was Morrowind, which was pretty cool. I keep meaning to get caught up on the most recent two installments.

Lately I've been playing a Ukrainian game called STALKER, which is inspired by a Tarkovsky movie and takes place around the Chernobyl reactor. You wander around looting places, having gunfights with other stalkers and mutated wildlife, and piecing together a story as you go. It's very intense - one of those games in which you never quite feel safe no matter how much you've upgraded your equipment.

#9 Bingam Vici

Bingam Vici

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

I have long waited for this game, and from November 18 and still playing. This is the first RPG I played. End the main quest. But I do not want to leave Skyrim. ♥

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 duaneshadow

duaneshadow

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Never cottoned to the previous elder scrolls games, but this one is a bloody masterpiece.
'why does he have to be a misfit? Why can't he be handsome and kind?'

'You're still a dreamer girl'.

#11 NobleSavage

NobleSavage

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

http://www.twcenter....splay.php?f=721

coming soon... :)