No replies to this topic

#1 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm reading The Hour of the Dragon for the first time, and I'm pretty sure I just stumbled across the inspiration for the Desperate Stab combat maneuver in the game. XXX Check out the end of Chapter V, when Conan fights the Great White Ape.

That's kinda neat, finding what is probably the inpirtiation for rules in the Rulebook.

Oh, and this passage from Queen of the Black Coast (from Chapter One): In an instant, he was the center of a hurricane of stabbing spears and lashing clubs. But he moved in a blinding blur of steel. Spears bent on his armor or swished empty air, and his sword sang its death-song. The fighting-madness of his race was upon him, and with a red mist of unreasoning fury wavering before his blazing eyes, he cleft skulls, smashed breasts, severed limbs, ripped out entrails, and littered the deck like a shambles with a ghastly harvest of brains and blood.

Moderator note: 18. Ebook Links - Direct or indirect Ebook links to any works by Robert E. Howard are not allowed to be posted. On the REH forums we encourage the purchase of Robert E. Howard printed books to keep our favorite author on the book stands and in print. Likewise, links to any unauthorized audio stories are also prohibited.

Edited by Kortoso, 09 January 2012 - 03:37 AM.