• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

For those interested, The HP Lovecraft Society's Whisperer in Darkness is now available on DVD.

http://www.cthulhuli...sperer-dvd.html

Judging by their previous film, The Call of Cthulhu, this should be an excellent film. I'm holding out for the Blu Ray release which they have promised is forthcoming. Has anyone ordered this yet?
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#2 Kaziglu Bey

Kaziglu Bey

Grown Axe Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

I, too, am waiting for the Blu Ray. I did have the pleasure of seeing the film late last year at the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival in Long Beach. It's really good. I also had the good fortune to hang out afterwords with members of the cast and crew who were showing off props and miniatures created for the film. An amazing amount of work went into it and it shows. I so wanted to nick the Mi-Go braincase they had on display!

#3 mario

mario

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

I am looking forward to the blu ray myself, I loved what was done with call of cthulhu.cant wait to see what the hplhs does next.

#4 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Gonna order the DVD this week. Loved their take on C of C. There is als a German production of Colour out of Space recently released - it's called "Die Farbe" I think and has some good review

#5 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I've been waiting for this to be released. I have the CoC on DVD and have to admit that it is an excellent take on the story. For those who want an idea of just how this new film looks, you can see the trailer on Youtube.
Looks like I have something else I need to put on order.
"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"