6 replies to this topic

#1 Cheomesh

Cheomesh

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Do any tales mention what's in the Darkwood? I don't think it's mentioned at all in any of the original tales, so maybe the pastiches? The Mongoose d20 game mentions it is home to "Brooding Stone Castles" and perhaps Satyrs - can't quite recall.

It'll eventually become a feature in my Conan GURPS games, and figured it's probably a good idea what others have said about it.

Thanks,

M.

#2 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

I 'm fairly certain it was from Marvel's Conan comics, not from Howards original stories. I haven't read any of the issues that featured it.

Edited by Almuric, 11 February 2012 - 07:08 PM.

"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

Turlogh shook his head. "Not so long as the race lasts."

--- The Dark Man, by Robert E. Howard

#3 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

I 'm fairly certain it was from Marvel's Conan comics, not from Howards original stories. I haven't read any of the issues that featured it.

Is it in Conan the Liberator?

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#4 Almuric

Almuric

Demon Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

If it is, it's still not from Howards original stories. ;)
"It is more than a mortal sea. Your hands are red with blood and you follow a red sea-path, yet the fault is not wholly with you. Almighty God, when will the reign of blood cease?"

Turlogh shook his head. "Not so long as the race lasts."

--- The Dark Man, by Robert E. Howard

#5 deuce

deuce

The OG of "Psychotic Maladjustment"

• Moderators
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

If it is, it's still not from Howards original stories. ;)

Oh, HELL no!

Support the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It helps you and Robert E. Howard's legacy.

#6 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

The Mongoose d20 game mentions it is home to "Brooding Stone Castles" and perhaps Satyrs - can't quite recall.

Where is that mentioned in the Mongoose d20 game? Which book? I've been playing the Mongoose Conan RPG for quite a while now, and I don't recognize that.

(In my campaign, I have a Darkmoon Vale, but I took that from a Pathfinder adventure scenario.)

#7 Cheomesh

Cheomesh

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Boot: It's in Return.

M.