3 replies to this topic

#1 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

So, I'm looking at this page showing Paradox's films: http://www.paradox-e...ertainment.html

Notice anything? Look at their track record. Of the three films they've completed, I've seen only one: Conan. And, we all know how that turned out. Epic, amazing film it is not.

The Mutant Chronicles? Rotten Tomatoes says 19% of critics and 27% of the audience liked the film. Not good. Netflix has it rated as 2 stars, which means "Didn't Like It" on their scale.

Solomon Kane is a bit of a surprise in that 87% of the critics liked it, but only 47% of the audience liked it. Hmm....

They don't really seem like they know what they're doing when it comes to making films.

I've got little hope for anything else that comes out of Paradox, whether it be a Conan sequel or the Kull movie.

#2 Taran

Taran

the Assistant Pig-keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

Hmm, so Paradox bought the U.S. distribution rights to Solomon Kane? 'Cause this is the first time I've seen Kane connected to Paradox Entertainment.

Edited by Taran, 17 February 2012 - 02:49 AM.

"It has fallen upon me, now and again in my sojourns through the world, to ease various evil men of their lives." - Solomon Kane

Comics and artwork:
http://onelastsketch.wordpress.com/

#3 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Sometimes critics are idiots though, I liked Mutant Chronicals tbh, it had Ron Perlman in it and for a small budget looked well. Priest reminded me abit of it too. Worth a watch.

I thought Sl Kane was another company too?
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#4 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

I've seen Mutant Chronicals a few times. If you check the it shows up on cable now and again.
While not the best post apoc film, it does contain plenty of action and excitement. I'd recommend it as something to watch on a slow weekend.
"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"