4 replies to this topic

#1 Rockamobile

Rockamobile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I am surpassed that since the two novels by Wagner and Smith were written. No one else has done a Bran Mak Morn novel. What writer(s) would want to pen a Bran Mak Morn novels ? Do you think that a multi series of off novels based off of this charter could be successful ?

#2 docpod

docpod

Fungus Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

If you want to scratch the Pictish itch, track down Gordon D. Shirreffs' CALGAICH THE SWORDSMAN. I have a feeling this western writer had some REH in his library.

Morgan
Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

#3 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

If you want to scratch the Pictish itch, track down Gordon D. Shirreffs' CALGAICH THE SWORDSMAN. I have a feeling this western writer had some REH in his library.

Morgan

Great novel. Issued by Playboy Press, which means it has some really explicit sex scenes as well.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#4 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Off the top of my head, I'd like to see either David Drake or Landsdale write a new BMM novel.
IMO, both have shown excellent skill at writing action novels without bogging them down in needless filler.
I also believe that they have both expressed an interest in doing Howard pastiche.
"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"

#5 Rockamobile

Rockamobile

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

Off the top of my head, I'd like to see either David Drake or Landsdale write a new BMM novel.
IMO, both have shown excellent skill at writing action novels without bogging them down in needless filler.
I also believe that they have both expressed an interest in doing Howard pastiche.

I agree ,either one of them could do a very good BMM novel.

Edited by Rockamobile, 29 February 2012 - 02:53 AM.