5 replies to this topic

#1 Angeline Hawkes

Angeline Hawkes

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello everyone...I haven't been here for awhile as life has gotten crazy with the addition of our fourth (and final!) child. Crawling out from under the rock to post here for you barbarians, wenches and assorted berserker zealots:

Posted Image

OUT OF THE GARDEN AND OTHER TALES OF THE BARBARIAN KABAR OF EL HAZZAR

394-pages of Barbarian Action!

Through brutal landscapes and savage places, the barbarian Kabar of El Hazzar travels an ancient land full of witchery, forces of darkness and foul creatures. What makes a man? Is it wealth, customs and lineage; or is it the weapon in his hand and the courage in his heart? Cold steel meets hot flesh as Kabar fights, conquers and loves his way through primitive and ruthless civilizations ruled by evil kings, malevolent sorcerers and blood-splattered curses. Beasts and monstrosities match wits and swords in this action-packed, gore-drenched, loins-pumping collection of tales of the barbarian from El Hazzar.

What Is Being Said About Out of the Garden and Other Tales of the Barbarian Kabar of El Hazzar?

In Out of the Garden, Angeline Hawkes delivers tales of swords and sorcery as solid as steel and as sensuous as silk slipping off a slender shoulder. Kabar's world is wild and often frightening; his author's imagination doesn't make his life easy. It does, however, make for a great read. --Jeff Mariotte, author of the Age of Conan: Marauders trilogy and City Under the Sand: A Dark Sun novel

By turns eerie, lyrical, adventurous, and philosophical, the stories in Angeline Hawkes’s new collection Out of the Garden are top-notch heroic fantasy, and her protagonist, the barbarian Kabar of El Hazzar, is a compelling character. The title novella from this book is a stunning blend of action, fantasy, and theology. I hope Kabar continues his perilous wanderings for a long time! -- James Reasoner, author of Redemption, Kansas

An inventive mix of history and legend, crammed with action and seasoned with blood and lust. – Howard A. Jones, author of The Desert of Souls and Pathfinder Tales: Plague of Shadows

A reader hungry to mainline pure sword-and-sorcery adventure should flip to Angeline Hawkes’s “Lair of the Cherufe.” Barbarian hero Kabar goes forth to rescue a kidnapped princess — from sacrifice to a lava monster, no less — and generous portions of creative action ensue. It’s quite tasty; if you want the heroic goods delivered; this is the place to start. -- Black Gate Magazine

Pre-order your copy now! Available from Bad Moon Books and shipping March 25, 2012.

#2 Axerules

Axerules

In Memoriam: 2007-2014. Old stones aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hey Angeline, I have moved your topic to the appropriate subforum and edited its title (it was too long).

It was nice to meet you and your husband during HD. Good luck with the book!

Miguel
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back

Samurai maxim

#3 Angeline Hawkes

Angeline Hawkes

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

Thank you so much, Miguel. Could you tweak the title just a bit...should be Kabar with a b. :) Thank you again, I really appreciate it! I hope to see you again at Howard Days this year. We always look forward to the escape from the city...I love Cross Plains. Alas, I cannot get the Fulbright half of Fulbright & Hawkes to agree to move there, lol. :)

#4 Kane

Kane

The Dark Prometheus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Angeline, thanks for the heads up on your new book.
I'll be placing my order as soon as I can free up the monies.
I've been looking for some new Sword and Sorcery.
"I vanquished Law once, I'll conquer yet again--
And force upon Mankind the Freedom he fears--
And dead gods I will again defy?"

#5 theagenes

theagenes

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Welcome to the boards Angeline. :D

I also enjoyed meeting you and Chris at HDs. The books sounds really cool.
Jeff

Edited by theagenes, 01 March 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Check out my blog: An Age Undreamed Of

#6 Axerules

Axerules

In Memoriam: 2007-2014. Old stones aficionado

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

The're's now a Facebook page dedicated to Kabar: http://www.facebook....KabarOfElHazzar
Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back

Samurai maxim