31 replies to this topic

#21 Arthyron

Arthyron

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

I have tons of hobbies. I'm studying the Russian martial art "Systema" in the hopes of one day becoming a certified instructor (I'm going to a week long training camp to train with in August that covers the full range of Systema; unarmed, knives, guns, survival, you name it,very excited about that). I've studied many other forms of martial arts and have trained with and own many different kinds of weapons. I study Oldetime and unconvential forms of strength training and do the typical feats of strength involved (bending horseshoes, rolling up frying pans, levering sledgehammers, etc), though I've been on a year and a half hiatus from strenght training. I dabble in leatherworking. I read voraciously in the fields of Philosophy, Religion, Mythology, and the Occult with a bit of fantasy and graphic novels thrown in. I play in an Epic Fantasy Metal band called Lorenguard ( http://www.lorenguard.com ). I used to draw and do graphic design stuff quite a bit, not so much anymore. I'm an avid gamer of all types (computer, video, table top, board, etc). I'm a social and political activist of sorts, spend a great deal of time scouring newsfeeds and intel channels researching and spreading awareness about corruption in government and law enforcement and politics and aggregating the pertinent content and disseminating it. I've also been Primal/Paleo for a year and have loved everything surrounding it (diet, cooking, lifestyle, etc). I also enjoy various films and tv shows (though I don't "watch TV" per se).

#22 Kortoso

Kortoso

-=Reiver of the Western Marches=-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

In San Francisco's Japantown, the annual Cherry Blossom Festival is coming up.
The climax of the parade is the arrival of the mikoshi, which is a giant platform piled with sake barrels, and carried on the backs of some drunk men and women. I've volunteered to be part of it this year.

Posted Image

#23 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Arthyon are u married :) (;P just kidding), you sound like a human dynamo Cromrade to fit so many things into your life.

I have'nt the time, between P/T work in It, drawing, reading, writing about mad conspiracy's of mine in Ireland about the secret service lead wars in UK/Ireland, cycling, running and traking the hills every summer in Ireland and Scotland if I can. Weights and boxed in my youth, but now aged badly, I stick to cardio workouts and jujitsu as it is less damaging (supposed to be).

My primary hobby now is my childhood hero, Bob TGR.
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#24 Arthyron

Arthyron

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

@Dave the Rage -- Nope, perpetually single. How do you think I have time for all those hobbies? :P

I'm right there with you on conspiracies. I've read a bit in to the events in Ireland (it is, after all, the land of my ancestors). There's a lot of shady stuff going on there for sure.

#25 droc

droc

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

I lift a little, have done various Martial Arts for 20+ years and teach some beginners boxing and MMA. I play rugby and teach it to kids, I'll have my federal diploma as a rugby 'educator' in a couple of months, then I wanna pass a state diploma in Strength and Fitness.

DROC

#26 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Oh and learning Blender when I can www.blender.org for my REH animation.
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#27 Kylel Ironclaw

Kylel Ironclaw

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

As I like to tell the ladies: "It's not what I like to do, it's who". ;)

But in all seriousness, just the usual movies/reading/PC games thing; I'm quite boring. Used to do a spot of writing here and there in the past, but I gave that up. I'm looking into getting into hiking/camping this summer.

#28 Cuchulain

Cuchulain

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Oh and learning Blender when I can www.blender.org for my REH animation.

Blender is incredible. I find that I use it more than Lightwave now

#29 duaneshadow

duaneshadow

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

martial arts, guitar player, gaming, bonsai ( just indulged myself with a couple of new trees this morning at a show).
not had the chance to pursue any of them as much as I'd like for the last 17 years, but having just been dumped by the wife, much more time on my hands to do the things she used to moan at me for doing.
'why does he have to be a misfit? Why can't he be handsome and kind?'

'You're still a dreamer girl'.

#30 Quaz

Quaz

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'll chime in....

I'm a long time musician/songwriter and played in live bands from 1969-1980.
Music/geology major and science junkie.
I still write and record my own material in a quite adequate studio area.

Got to green belt in many years ago at Chois' TKD.

I read my first Conan (REH) book in 6th grade and I think is was King Conan or Conan of Cimmeria but it's been far to long to recall for sure.
I purchased the complete (12 books) ACE series books as they were released .
Also have Jordon's Conan The Destroyer, Chronicles Of Conan, Further Chronicles Of Conan and DeCamp/Carter's Sagas Of Conan.

Carry on....

If remotely interested: http://www.soundclic...3&content=music

Edited by Quaz, 08 May 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#31 Atali

Atali

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

It's not just guys who have hobbies! :P

Apart from reading (fantasy - of course and crime novels, thrillers with some classic literature thrown in for good balance) I do horse riding, tai chi, and photography; I also work with the Tarot. Also love travelling (never enough holiday leave for that!).

No musical talent of any sort, but love listening to music - either heavy or classical.

#32 Anastasia

Anastasia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Planning to attend the Milton Keynes Comicon in June. Turns out Jason Momoa will be there signing autographs and doing a photo session with fans.

http://www.collector...d=148&Itemid=10

Jason in the flesh!! I must attend! :)