#1 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Hello there,

I have been a fan of Howards work of Conan for the past 30 years.
I have collected 'The Savage Sword of Conan' and have lost my collection to a thief in the night.

I have been searching for a one page artwork of 'The Frost Giant's Daughter' for the past 15 years now, and simply cannot find it anywhere. When I find a bookstore I always search TSSofC for this artwork.

If I remember it correctly there were the 2 frost giant brothers, conan (who already took a swing and struck the mid-section of one) with the frost giants daughter over conan's left shoulder pointing for her brothers to attack Conan.

I also remember this artwork being located near the 3/4 of the magazine.

This image means a lot to me, as it made my daughter proud, and she is not here anymore.
I would like this artwork inked on me, in her honour.

Does anyone know what artwork I mention, and if so, could you please post the image??
Late at night, Turns down the light .. Closes up on me
Opens my heart, Tears me apart .. Brings out the devil in me

#2 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

there are a lot of variations of this brother, maybe scroll through the seriously good conan art thread in the illustrated conan thread, you may find it reposted there. plus, google does a very good job if you search images...
"I live, I BURN WITH LIFE, I love, I slay, and am content."
"Here's to brother Painbrush, we drink to his Shade..."
"All Art Is Martial"- RZA

"Our basic purist premise:
ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#3 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

OK, update ...

I have been trolling around a few conan sites, and browsed around in here, and have discovered a HUGE ammount of 'The Frost Giant's Daughter' artworks .. but not the one im looking for.
It might help it I describe it again.

There is one frost giant up close getting cut down but kinda standing rather high, and we view his left side and back, with conan's face looking towards the viewer with his right arm already at full swing across his chest and we also see his rib muscles a bit. The other frost giant is behind and towards 2 oclock, making his way closer, and we see him from the knees up. The frost giants daughter is a bit behind the first frost giant, and we see her evil smile, with her viel scarf covering her breasts, and off to the side then down and across her private area, we also see her front view with legs a bit apart and pointing with her left arm and hand outstretched.

I hope this helps .. no matter how long it takes, ill post the pic when I do find it, but for now, ill post my email address in my profile.

#4 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

WOO HOO!!!

Nekromantisprincipiaphilosopher emailed me a torrent to all Savage Sword of Conan magazines!!
I am soo excited!!, its downloading at 200kb/s and its just not going fast enough, in another 9 hours the torrent download will be complete, and I will start my eager search for this artwork.

I wish it were only 9 minutes instead of hours, 15 years in another 9 hours MINE!!!

#5 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

well that's kool, DH is also reprinting them in volumes, I'm sure they can use the purchasing support, not sure if they are also including the pin ups. well you have me intrigued so if you can share it when you find it.

was it this one?

Posted Image

ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#6 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

or this one?

Posted Image

#7 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

[img]https://profile.live.com/cid-c1fa80a61d76f496/#!https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c1fa80a61d76f496&sc=photos!cid=C1FA80A61D76F496&id=C1FA80A61D76F496%21162&sc=photos[/img]

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!

#8 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

If someone knows a site to upload photos (because I do not) just copy and paste the above url in your address bar, to view and download the pic.

#9 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

Tex
(DRAT!)

#10 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

#11 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

That picture I have been looking for 15 years. I wasnt able to find it anywhere, and used imageshack to upload it, and share it here.

If it was not for this site, I wouldn't have have my SSoC back (digital) and this awsome artwork that will be inked on me.

I cant thank this site enough.

Edited by 5bucks, 16 April 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#12 Tex

Tex

BARKING Nuanced Thinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

From the expression on Atali's face, this is a split-second before she realizes, "Oh DAMN! THAT wasn't supposed to happen!"

Helluva picture, Bro! With art like this, just make sure you go to someone with YEARS of experience.

Tex
(a bad needle-jockey can REALLY screw up tha canvas)

#13 5bucks

5bucks

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Oh for sure!! and I'll post pictures of the tat and dedication, after the ink is 'dry'

Oh and I'll take this opportunity to introduce my daughter. Her light only shined for a short while, but it was one of the brightest out there!!

Posted Image

This artwork was done by CHALKMASTER DAVE you can find him on facebook, he's an AWSOME artist, and created this dedication artwork at the corner of the Eaton's Center (or Dundas Square) downtown Toronto.

#14 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

Amitabha. Glad you found the piece.