Flying over the desert sands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

The new cover is out:

Posted Image

http://www.comicsall...andez-j-p-leon/

Dave Stewart will keep doing the color duties. Yes!
BTW, this cover kicks ass.

Edited by Aquilonia, 11 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#2 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's breathtaking. A definate upgrade over issue 5.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#3 Officer Aggro

Officer Aggro

Infidel Defiler

• Moderators
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Wow... I really like this cover! Belit looks pretty damn hot too. ;)
- The illegitimate son of Crom

#4 ZackDavisson

ZackDavisson

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

I don't know about that lovey-dovey look on Conan's face, and Belit looks just like Wonder Woman, but ... yeah, it is cool.

#5 KG Thunder

KG Thunder

Swamped in gore.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Something about his hand looks kind of odd to me, but this is still an amazing cover. Powerful and captivating, and probably my favorite cover so far.

#6 KG Thunder

KG Thunder

Swamped in gore.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

I don't know about that lovey-dovey look on Conan's face, and Belit looks just like Wonder Woman, but ... yeah, it is cool.

I think the blood stains help a bit. :D

#7 VenariumDisease

VenariumDisease

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Definately best cover so far

#8 Officer Aggro

Officer Aggro

Infidel Defiler

• Moderators
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Something about his hand looks kind of odd to me

Yeah, I see that too. The section beneath the knuckle of his index finger should be thicker because it appears that he's missing part of his palm or something. But I agree, as a whole it's still an amazing cover!
- The illegitimate son of Crom

#9 Slashing Sword

Slashing Sword

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Agree with all... beautiful cover. Best cover of the series so far.

Yep, Conan's hand is wierd.

#10 Slashing Sword

Slashing Sword

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

It's breathtaking. A definate upgrade over issue 5.

Issue 5 was one of the worst EVER Conan covers, not just this series.

#11 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

Something about his hand looks kind of odd to me, but this is still an amazing cover. Powerful and captivating, and probably my favorite cover so far.

The fingers are too slender and sensitive-looking, and bent funny. Looks like the hand of a violinist or an artist. Doesn't look like the hand that crushed Baal-Pteor's throat.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#12 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

is it the nail polish?

throw a few scars on there man!

but yeah otherwise it is a great cover.
"I live, I BURN WITH LIFE, I love, I slay, and am content."
"Here's to brother Painbrush, we drink to his Shade..."
"All Art Is Martial"- RZA

"Our basic purist premise:
ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#13 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

was this an alternate?

Posted Image

ROBERT E. HOWARD, ENTIRELY ALONE, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, CREATED THE CHARACTER CONAN OF CIMMERIA. NO OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS SHOULD BE INTRUDING THEIR WORK INTO THE VOLUMES OF HOWARD'S CONAN STORIES.
In essence, we believe that the work of any creative artist -- writer, painter, illustrator, musician, what-have-you -- is a unique expression of an artistic point of view. It should not be appropriated or altered by others without the artist's consent. No other writer has Robert E. Howard's unique point of view, and no other writer knows what Howard would have done with his character had he lived. Upon his death, his canon, the expression of his artistic vision, became fixed. Tampering with it now is desecration."

#14 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

The fingers are too slender and sensitive-looking, and bent funny. Looks like the hand of a violinist or an artist. Doesn't look like the hand that crushed Baal-Pteor's throat.

You think musicians have delicate hands? lol! Try practicing 8-12 hours a day and see how delicate your hands are. To tell the truth, I didn't even really notice the hand until you guys pointed it out. Yeah, it does look a bit on the delcate side, but I don't think he intends to crush Belit's throat. lol! There's nothing wrong with a bit of artistic license in order to set a tone.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#15 KG Thunder

KG Thunder

Swamped in gore.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

was this an alternate?

Posted Image

That's issue #3

Edited by KG Thunder, 13 April 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#16 monk

monk

Sword of Crom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

thanks KG.

it would be fun for some of us with photoshop skills to sort of, remix these a bit...

#17 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

was this an alternate?

Posted Image

That's issue #3

One of Conan's wet dreams.

Love that moray eel.

Edited by Ironhand, 13 April 2012 - 06:54 AM.

"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at

#18 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

You think musicians have delicate hands? lol! Try practicing 8-12 hours a day and see how delicate your hands are. To tell the truth, I didn't even really notice the hand until you guys pointed it out. Yeah, it does look a bit on the delcate side, but I don't think he intends to crush Belit's throat. lol! There's nothing wrong with a bit of artistic license in order to set a tone.

Actually, if Conan's hand had been depicted as appropriately massive and powerful (not only did he crush Baal-Pteor's throat, he broke Olgerd Vladislav's arm) the gentle caress would have been even more impressively striking.

#19 RobP

RobP

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Not my cup of tea. Conan looks like a love-struck teenager rather than a scarred, sinister veteran and the hand looks like a concert pianist

#20 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

Looking again at Conan's slim, delicate hand, I worry that he might sprain his wrist, or break a fingernail, against the dynamic ruggedness of Belit's face.