455 replies to this topic

#441 duaneshadow

duaneshadow

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

hans must look like Brad Pitt to be so choosy. Gemma Arteton is absolutely top tottie.
'why does he have to be a misfit? Why can't he be handsome and kind?'

'You're still a dreamer girl'.

#442 Hans

Hans

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Perhaps I was being much too critical.

#443 Boot

Boot

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

Perhaps I was being much too critical.

LOL!

#444 Hans

Hans

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Bill Goldberg:

Just got done watching him on a "Law and Order SVU" episode where he's busy rashing the stationhouse while on PCP.Impressive, in a strange sort of way.
How about casting him as Baal-Pteor in "Shadows in Zamboula."?
Khumbanigash in "Witch Shall Be Born."?
Khosatrel Khel in "Devil in Iron."?
Any other suggestions?

#445 droc

droc

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

He's a pretty poor actor, even as wrestlers go he's not much of an actor. If you're gonna go with a big scary dude based solely on being big and scary, why not go with even bigger and scarier like Nathan Jones (6'11, 350lb) or Conan Stevent (7'1", 320lb)?

DROC

#446 KG Thunder

KG Thunder

Swamped in gore.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

He's a pretty poor actor, even as wrestlers go he's not much of an actor. If you're gonna go with a big scary dude based solely on being big and scary, why not go with even bigger and scarier like Nathan Jones (6'11, 350lb) or Conan Stevent (7'1", 320lb)?

DROC

Nathan Jones is awesome, and I was pretty disappointed with how they misused him in CtB 2011. They took a giant scary looking dude and covered him in monster makeup and armor so you couldn't even tell how truly massive the guy was. I thought he looked way more intimidating in Troy;
Posted Image

Also, yeah, Goldberg's pretty bad and his head looks huge from taking steroids. He just looks to much like a wrestler to me.

Edited by KG Thunder, 11 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#447 gungnir_1972

gungnir_1972

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

DROC

While I liked Bill Goldberg In his wrestling days I'd have to agree hes a horrible actor..I haven't seen him do well in any movie hes been in,Universal Soldier was his peak as an actor not that his performance was anything to brag about.I would like to se more of Conan Stevens as I likes him in Spartacus and Game of Thrones and Id be keen on seeing Nathan Jones in other movies as well.

#448 gungnir_1972

gungnir_1972

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

DROC

Nathan Jones is awesome, and I was pretty disappointed with how they misused him in CtB 2011. They took a giant scary looking dude and covered him in monster makeup and armor so you couldn't even tell how truly massive the guy was. I thought he looked way more intimidating in Troy;
Posted Image

Also, yeah, Goldberg's pretty bad and his head looks huge from taking steroids. He just looks to much like a wrestler to me.

Seeing That pic of Nathan in Troy...if they were gonna go with a more Arnold like version of Conan he'd be much closer to the role than Triple H,Golberg or pretty much any wrestler I can think of.

#449 godcipherdivine

godcipherdivine

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

remember that Nathan Jones was a wrestler too and he can't act either, lol

#450 droc

droc

Mauler of Shadizar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

godcipeherdevine, I agree that he's probably not a better actor than Goldberg. But if you're going for someone because they're big and scary and ignoring their complete lack of acting ability, which is pretty much what you'd do with Goldberg, then go with the biggiest scariest guy available.

I'd probably go with Conan Stevens before any of the others, he showed a modicum of acting ability in GoT and Spartacus.

DROC

#451 Hans

Hans

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sarah Shahi

I'm enjoying her work on "Fairly Legal." She seems quite capable,and is also quite easy on the eyes.

How about her as :

1.)Belit
2.)Taramis/Salome
3.)Yasmela/Vatessa
4.)Olivia/Livia
5.)Zenobia

#452 guilalah

guilalah

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

I find her at bottom quite appealing ...

-------

Posted Image

Posted Image

-------

Good Octavia figure, but the characters ethnicity/hair-color might need fudging.

#453 Hans

Hans

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Countess Albiona(Hour of the Dragon)
Valeria(Red Nails)
Atli(Frost Giant's Daughter)
Yasmela(Black Colossus)
Any other suggestions?

#454 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

With all due respect Hans, this is getting ridiculous. It's spam, and it makes it more difficult for forum members to search through the Conan on film threads and find topics that might be of interest.

Moderators: just a suggestion, but couldn't you merge all of Hans' "possible roles" threads into one thread?
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#455 PaulMc

PaulMc

Sword of Crom

• Moderators
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

With all due respect Hans, this is getting ridiculous. It's spam, and it makes it more difficult for forum members to search through the Conan on film threads and find topics that might be of interest.

Moderators: just a suggestion, but couldn't you merge all of Hans' "possible roles" threads into one thread?

Good idea.

Also, Hans, it might be nice if you'd take the effort to at least post an IMDB link or a photo instead of leaving the footwork to everyone else.

Also, let's include the person's name IN THE POST as well as in the title so they don't get lost on the merges.

-- Paul McNamee

My Blog

#456 PaulMc

PaulMc

Sword of Crom

• Moderators
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

In fact, I'm moving all of them that I find to here. (not just Hans' posts)

This can give anyone the chance to search one thread for actors/actresses/wrestlers/spoiled-rich-hotties as potential roles. Will also greatly reduce threads on 'Conan on Film' forum. Thanks for the suggestion, amster.

-- Paul McNamee

My Blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: (possible roles), (possible roles), (possible roles), (possible roles), Belit? Tascela?, (possible roles in the Saga), (possible roles), (possible roles), (possible roles), (possible roles)