31 replies to this topic

#21 doomflower

doomflower

Unconventional Conventionist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

Thank you, Bruce :) The person who takes over your role will have big armour to fill!
Fan my Facebook page, sweeties!~ Synthetic Soul

#22 Officer Aggro

Officer Aggro

Infidel Defiler

• Moderators
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks again, Bruce! B)
- The illegitimate son of Crom

#23 Crom

Crom

Honored Cimmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

A big thanks and a raise of the mead horn to all of you. I am touched by your comments, and fortunate to have met such intelligent and passionate people.

Even though I worked behind the scenes, it is the Mods who are the 'face' of these forums and, well, I couldn't have asked to work with a better bunch, both present and former. Treat them nicely.

And a special shout-out to Strom. Thanks. You were a damn fine Admin, too.

Later...

#24 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

A big thanks and a raise of the mead horn to all of you. I am touched by your comments, and fortunate to have met such intelligent and passionate people.

Even though I worked behind the scenes, it is the Mods who are the 'face' of these forums and, well, I couldn't have asked to work with a better bunch, both present and former. Treat them nicely.

Later...

I don't blame you one bit, as I've pretty much had it with REH fandom as well. It was one thing when there was a film on the horizon, but now I really don't see the point. I'll always be a fan, and will always be a champion of having the pure REH text available without tampering, but as far as this other stuff is concerned - the Aquiroman stuff and the hardline that one must think of the Hyborian Age as "Medieval Land", and dictating to artists how they can interpret REH's writings - I have no use for anyof this nonsense, and it's certainly not what I signed up for when I joined the forum.

See you on FB, Bruce. And that goes for many others out there as well.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#25 Savage Savant

Savage Savant

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thanks Bruce! Despite me being new to this forum & never actually interacting with you, I appreciate the hard work you've put into maintaining this forum.

#26 THE KID

THE KID

Rustlin, horse stealin, bootleggin whiskey, and sharp shootin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

Mucho Gracious Bruce! Job well done!
The New Sheriff In Town - The Vultures of Whapeton & Boot Hill Payoff (The Western Stories)

#27 amster

amster

Maladjusted to the point of pychosis

• Banned
  • 6,219 posts
  • Location:Outside the ordered universe, where the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

Later...

I don't blame you one bit, as I've pretty much had it with REH fandom as well. It was one thing when there was a film on the horizon, but now I really don't see the point. I'll always be a fan, and will always be a champion of having the pure REH text available without tampering, but as far as this other stuff is concerned - the Aquiroman stuff and the hardline that one must think of the Hyborian Age as "Medieval Land", and dictating to artists how they can interpret REH's writings - I have no use for anyof this nonsense, and it's certainly not what I signed up for when I joined the forum.

See you on FB, Bruce. And that goes for many others out there as well.

Edit: to the best of my knowledge, Bruce's reasons for leaving have nothing to do with the Aquiroman debate, and if my own parting words left anyone with that impression, then that was not my intention.

Sayonara.
Posted Image
Money and muscle, that's what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won't do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won't enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.
--Robert E. Howard to Harold Preece, ca. June 1928--

#28 Dave the Rage

Dave the Rage

WarLord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Chrs Bruce, never really got tangled with ya but that means you are a hard man to displease obviously from my point of view. Chrs to all admins that crack and wip when needed and also take oars when we are tired too.

Slan Bruce.

:)
?I do not accept as matter of belief certain things in this history, or rather fiction; for some things are diabolical superstitions, some are poetical inventions, some have the semblance of truth, some have not; and some are meant for the entertainment of fools.? Book of Leinster ? 12th century

#29 Ironhand

Ironhand

The Mad Playwright

• Members
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

Chrs Bruce, never really got tangled with ya but that means you are a hard man to displease obviously from my point of view. Chrs to all admins that crack and wip when needed and also take oars when we are tired too.

Slan Bruce.

Well said.
"Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" - Conan, in "Shadows in Zamboula", by Robert E. Howard
"... you speak of Venarium familiarly. Perhaps you were there?"
"I was," grunted [Conan]. "I was one of the horde that swarmed over the hills. I hadn't yet seen fifteen snows, but already my name was repeated about the council fires." - "Beyond the Black River", by Robert E. Howard

Read my Conan screenplays at The Scrolls of Ironhand (in particular my transcription of THE FROST GIANT'S DAUGHTER in Act II of "The Snow Devil") at
http://www.scrollsof...d.us/index.html or at
http://www.delicious...ic=ConanProject

#30 cromsguts

cromsguts

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Bruce, you've done a great job. Being at the helm with this motley crew has to have been a challenge. Best of luck in your future endeavours.

CG
"There's nothing in the universe cold steel won't cut," answered
Conan. "I threw my ax at the demon, and he took no hurt, but I might
have missed in the dusk, or a branch deflected its flight. I'm not
going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my
path to let one go by."

#31 Sailor Costigan

Sailor Costigan

Spear Carrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks Bruce!
JERUSHA!

#32 Crom

Crom

Honored Cimmerian

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Slan Bruce.

Thanks for noticing. :)

And continued thanks to everyone for the kind words.